The Baileys conumdrum...

Mark_T

On 10/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, Luvcrusn said:

I always look forward to enjoying Frozen Toasted Almonds, which is made with Baileys as an ingredient, when on board. It concerned me when I saw Baileys removed from the Classic package (which we usually have) that there'd be an upcharge. Happily in the cruises we've taken since the change was made I'm still able to enjoy them without an upcharge and they taste the same as always. 

We like a toasted almond as our night cap...what is this frozen version?  Sounds like a great hot tub drink!

Just to bring the original question to a close, I solved the conundrum in the most expensive way possible... We upgraded to a suite with the premium package included. 🙂

Actually wasn't any more expensive than our original cabin once you allowed for the inclusions which we were going to end up getting anyway.

Thanks for all the input though folks.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Just to bring the original question to a close, I solved the conundrum in the most expensive way possible... We upgraded to a suite with the premium package included. 🙂

Actually wasn't any more expensive than our original cabin once you allowed for the inclusions which we were going to end up getting anyway.

Thanks for all the input though folks.

What a wonderful end to your conundrum!

By the way now you are in a suite Baileys if free in Michael’s/Retreat...

On 10/14/2019 at 2:14 AM, miched said:

This is what it looks like.   Great stuff. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

F11A8426-0810-4248-90BF-CB41604D789F.png

As I am about to join Silhouette Thursday for my first Celebrity cruise is this available on ship.  I am from UK this looks great something i would love to try.

Mandy

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

What a wonderful end to your conundrum!

By the way now you are in a suite Baileys if free in Michael’s/Retreat...

Very true, I figure we’ll have to leave the lounge at some point though, so we will use the package then 🙂

13 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Very true, I figure we’ll have to leave the lounge at some point though, so we will use the package then 🙂

We always have a premium package (comes with the room) and although we are not big drinkers it is nice to have what you want, when you want without thinking about it...It certainly ups the number of wines available!

If for some reason they didn’t have Baileys in Michael’s when you board just ask and it will be there the next night.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clipper Chick said:

As I am about to join Silhouette Thursday for my first Celebrity cruise is this available on ship.  I am from UK this looks great something i would love to try.

Mandy

It isn’t served on the ship.  You may be able to find it in a duty free

liquor store  and it might be in the duty free liquor store on board.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

14 hours ago, CruisinCons said:

We like a toasted almond as our night cap...what is this frozen version?  Sounds like a great hot tub drink!

It's like a wonderful grown up milkshake. Here's the recipe. I sometimes ask them to swirl some chocolate around the glass before pouring. It makes it even more decadent and yummy!

1 oz. Amaretto liqueur

1/2 oz. Kahlua

1/2 oz. Baileys Original Irish Cream

1 oz. Vanilla Ice Cream

1 scoop of ice

Mix all ingredients in a blender and serve in a tall glass.

You're welcome!🥳

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

It's like a wonderful grown up milkshake. Here's the recipe. I sometimes ask them to swirl some chocolate around the glass before pouring. It makes it even more decadent and yummy!

1 oz. Amaretto liqueur

1/2 oz. Kahlua

1 oz. Vanilla Ice Cream

1 scoop of ice

You're welcome!🥳

Oh my! I've been missing out!

We got off the Silhouette last Sunday, we had a Bailey's every night, we were charged 1$ but no gratuity on top. We had the classic drinks package and pre paid grats.

I am a bit put out it has been removed from the classic as here in the UK things like Jack Daniels are more expensive but on the claassic package.

2 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

1 oz. Amaretto liqueur

1/2 oz. Kahlua

1 oz. Vanilla Ice Cream

1 scoop of ice

You're welcome!🥳

OMG so amazing!!!  

Okay, this is our first Celebrity cruise, we've done four other cruise lines but Summit will be our first for this line so I have to ask.  They have ice cream at the bars to make this drink??  Is there certain bars to ask for it at?  (I realize I can't get frozen drinks at Cellar Masters and assuming Martini Bar)  We've cruised Royal the most, and if we want, say a frozen mudslide (which we'd make with ice cream at home) they will use ice and whatever milk product they keep back there.  But not ice cream.  So Celebrity has ice cream at the bars? Or will they do what Royal does.

Thanks! 

3 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

It's like a wonderful grown up milkshake. Here's the recipe. I sometimes ask them to swirl some chocolate around the glass before pouring. It makes it even more decadent and yummy!😊

1 oz. Amaretto liqueur

1/2 oz. Kahlua

1 oz. Vanilla Ice Cream

1 scoop of ice

You're welcome!🥳

This has been added to our official  home bar dessert drink  list!

Thanks!

47 minutes ago, CruisinCons said:

OMG so amazing!!!  

Okay, this is our first Celebrity cruise, we've done four other cruise lines but Summit will be our first for this line so I have to ask.  They have ice cream at the bars to make this drink??  Is there certain bars to ask for it at?  (I realize I can't get frozen drinks at Cellar Masters and assuming Martini Bar)  We've cruised Royal the most, and if we want, say a frozen mudslide (which we'd make with ice cream at home) they will use ice and whatever milk product they keep back there.  But not ice cream.  So Celebrity has ice cream at the bars? Or will they do what Royal does.

Thanks! 

I have ordered it all over the ship, but most frequently poolside, at the theater or OVC (buffet).  They use an ice cream mix that is thick like soft serve or softened ice cream to make it on board.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hcat said:

This has been added to our official  home bar dessert drink  list!

Thanks!

enjoy! Try swirling a bit of chocolate around the glass before serving. That's the cherry on top...or maybe I'll add that too.

So I don't know if it was ever answered, do the have a substitute for Baileys on the Classic (whether good or not)?  We were on Rccl LOS this past Jan and  for the Diamond Lounge happy hour, they did use a Baileys substitute.