The Baileys conumdrum...

Mark_T

2 hours ago, marshacruises said:

Usually you can upgrade once you get on-board, that will give you a chance to look at the menus at several bars and determine if the upcharges vs. Premium Package cost are better for you.  Enjoy your cruise!

Exactly, and with effectively $20 a day between us in potential upcharges before it would be worth actually upgrading, I don't think we are going to have any reason to change from the Classic package 

17 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Yes, according to Celebrity, as long as you are on the Classic or Premium package then you just pay the difference (+ gratuity).

That’s a fair change, it never made sense to me to only allow it for premium.

7 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Why not ask for Irish Whiskey, then add some half and half available at the Cafe.

I did suggest that, but oddly perhaps, my wife seemed unconvinced...

I think I'll pay the $1, safer all round 🙂

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Tealing said:

Interesting to see Mt. Gay rum for $11:00 in the premium package. In Barbados, you can buy a bottle for $10:00. 

Is the store on Barbados capable of sailing around the world?  How is the buffet?  🙂

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Tealing said:

Interesting to see Mt. Gay rum for $11:00 in the premium package. In Barbados, you can buy a bottle for $10:00. 

This was in Aruba in a duty free store near the dock.  The sticker has a price of $55 

Apparently it is considered a premium vodka when not sold in Costco.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

E0D251A8-3FFC-4B7D-93A0-1B507CA1D13E.jpeg

Edited by miched
  • Haha 2

On 10/10/2019 at 9:58 AM, mayleeman said:

I did a search for Sabra in Total Wine stores. Not available apparently at the one near the Ft. L terminal, but it is nearby (@ $46-47):

Screenshot_20191010-095523_Chrome.jpg

Being delivered today to NY  from Wine Chateau...

Was $ 39.97 but  no free shipping.  Glad to have it and will pick more up next time  we visit rels in Pembroke Pines, Fl, if it's in stock 

Everything's better with Baileys! Try a white chocolate mocha with a shot of Baileys, I get one every morning at the Cafe, so good! At night I get a Godiva chocolate martini with vanilla vodka & Baileys at the martini bar. Oh, the cats in my picture, they are brother & sister, the black one is Boo and the seal point is Bailey 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miched said:

This was in Aruba in a duty free store near the dock.  The sticker has a price of $55 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I think that is $18 at my costco.

Isn't the simple solution to start with the classic package, sample the substitutes and see if they'll do for you?  If not upgrade to the premium package on board or pay the extra buck a drink.

DW's favorite drink is a BBC (Bailey's banana colada).  Have always able to get it on the classic package.  Hopefully still can,.

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Isn't the simple solution to start with the classic package, sample the substitutes and see if they'll do for you?  If not upgrade to the premium package on board or pay the extra buck a drink.

DW's favorite drink is a BBC (Bailey's banana colada).  Have always able to get it on the classic package.  Hopefully still can,.

Ahhhh yes !  The BBC ! I knew I ordered something else with Baileys in it on the classic package !!  No extra charge. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the BBC  tip! Hope still ok on the Classic

After our current  booked cruises, we won't be selecting  the Classic Perk for  an extra charge...but we will  splurge here and there on a nice  after dinner drink...and whatever freebies we can find!

Enjoy it while we can!

Edited by hcat

23 minutes ago, Beth_55 said:

Ahhhh yes !  The BBC ! I knew I ordered something else with Baileys in it on the classic package !!  No extra charge. 

I've also ordered many a Frozen Toasted Almond (made with Baileys) on the Classic package without an extra charge.

3 hours ago, ABC Cruisers said:

Everything's better with Baileys! Try a white chocolate mocha with a shot of Baileys, I get one every morning at the Cafe, so good! At night I get a Godiva chocolate martini with vanilla vodka & Baileys at the martini bar. Oh, the cats in my picture, they are brother & sister, the black one is Boo and the seal point is Bailey 🙂

I wonder what the calorie count is for the Godiva Chocolate Martini with Bailey's...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, baggal said:

I wonder what the calorie count is for the Godiva Chocolate Martini with Bailey's...

Haha, probably pretty high, but I seldom have a dessert since I own a bakery, so on vacation the Godiva martini is my dessert. When it comes to sweets it's a no from me since that's what I make all day at work 🙂

On 10/9/2019 at 3:32 PM, vtcruising said:

This is from Cafe al Bacio. The Aspen that has Bailey's is $10, but maybe if they left out the Kahlua, they would do it for $9? Plus you get whipped cream!

image.thumb.png.14dd1267d3e59b5c561c2a080f01d353.png

When and which ship? They were all $9 or less on the September 6th sailing of the Reflection. Was it possibly a UK cruise with gratuities included?

Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I just paid $11 for that bottle at Costco!

5 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

When and which ship? They were all $9 or less on the September 6th sailing of the Reflection. Was it possibly a UK cruise with gratuities included?

Thanks in advance.

This was an X list on the web, supposedly from the Edge. I did look back at a cruise on the Summit in the Carib in Feb 2018 and found this picture - a terrible picture with sides cut off, but you can see that some of the same drinks are $10. That’s great that they were all $9 on the Reflection. Maybe be a change so that Classic can get them all. 🙂

6E4C17D1-8E12-4B32-9899-90C9D683A05E.thumb.jpeg.4e2cdb87277132db8f52de2311e00b2d.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, miched said:

For all of you Bailey,  and  bourbon lovers try Bourbon Cream that is made by Buffalo Trace.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yum! Will look for that!

Mary Ann