Anyone from a cruise to Norway who disembarked In Southampton?

travellingnana

I’m trying to determine how long it will take us to go through immigration and get off the ship in Southampton.  If anyone has done this recently, could you tell me how long it took?  We will be walking off the Crown with our own luggage.   I want to arrange transportation to London to get on the Eurostar, so I’m trying not to estimate too much or too little time!  Thanks!

1 minute ago, travellingnana said:

I’m trying to determine how long it will take us to go through immigration and get off the ship in Southampton.  If anyone has done this recently, could you tell me how long it took?  We will be walking off the Crown with our own luggage.   I want to arrange transportation to London to get on the Eurostar, so I’m trying not to estimate too much or too little time!  Thanks!

Did you arrange this through Princess?

We're just taking a Princess disembarkation excursion that takes us (and our luggage) to Stonehenge and then to LHR to catch a plane for Barcelona. Seemed an easy way to get ourselves and our luggage to the airport. Yes, it's more expensive than public transportation but we went for the ease of having Princess take care of things for us. Besides, we've never seen Stonehenge. 🙂

12 minutes ago, Thrak said:

We're just taking a Princess disembarkation excursion that takes us (and our luggage) to Stonehenge and then to LHR to catch a plane for Barcelona. Seemed an easy way to get ourselves and our luggage to the airport. Yes, it's more expensive than public transportation but we went for the ease of having Princess take care of things for us. Besides, we've never seen Stonehenge. 🙂

You will love Stonehenge!  We can't take the Princess transfer as it goes to Heathrow, and we will be leaving London from the train station...otherwise I agree about the ease.

29 minutes ago, Mom33 said:

We chose early walk off with our luggage. We went right past the waiting luggage and out the door where our hired car was waiting. No immigration at port. 😁

We had exactly the same experience on our cruise last year to Norway.  Thankfully I had rearranged with Smith’s for an earlier pickup.   Expected immigration but there was none.

We also had no immigration on disembarking in Southampton. We used Silverfleet for a transfer to our hotel in London. They were waiting for us. It was so easy. We are doing a British Isles cruise next summer and waiting to find out if Brexit will change anything. We will stop in Ireland and France before returning to Southampton so it will be interesting to see what happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katisdale said:

We also had no immigration on disembarking in Southampton. We used Silverfleet for a transfer to our hotel in London. They were waiting for us. It was so easy. We are doing a British Isles cruise next summer and waiting to find out if Brexit will change anything. We will stop in Ireland and France before returning to Southampton so it will be interesting to see what happens.

2 hours ago, katisdale said:

What sailing will you be on next year?  We’ll be on the Regal leaving July 3.

7 hours ago, Coral said:

Now if Brexit occurs - who knows?

That is a very important observation.

Currently, if the ship has come from an EU country, you do not need immigration to disembark in Great Britain.

But after Brexit, the UK will have to have its own immigration procedures in place if there is no agreement on this with the EU.

17 hours ago, travellingnana said:

You will love Stonehenge!  We can't take the Princess transfer as it goes to Heathrow, and we will be leaving London from the train station...otherwise I agree about the ease.

We visited Stonehenge (and Bath) on a day tour while on a week-long stay in London some years ago.  It was interesting, but somewhat underwhelming IMHO.  I enjoyed Bath and its Roman ruins (which essentially are underground) more.  We recently saw a TV program about Stonehenge, which I wish we had seen before we visited as it gave a lot of background info (and probably some newer theories about its origin).  The main accomplishment was hauling those huge stones that make up the circle from many miles away (can't remember if they've figured out where from).