Switching Cabins without consent of parents if a minor is in the room?

Howie411

so FYI, the Cabins were all purchased by my parents, so they were the ones trying to save money by booking my daughter with my sister so they didn't have to pay for a single room.    I'm not fully versed on the details but it sounded like it would cost over $1000 to let my sisters friend stay in the current room they had verse moving somewhere else.

Either way I'm reaching out to the travel agent and just trying to move us all to a 3 room cabin and be done with this.   On a side note for the folks who asked, my sister is 45 and acts like she is 21......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Howie411 said:

so FYI, the Cabins were all purchased by my parents, so they were the ones trying to save money by booking my daughter with my sister so they didn't have to pay for a single room.    I'm not fully versed on the details but it sounded like it would cost over $1000 to let my sisters friend stay in the current room they had verse moving somewhere else.

Either way I'm reaching out to the travel agent and just trying to move us all to a 3 room cabin and be done with this.   On a side note for the folks who asked, my sister is 45 and acts like she is 21......

I apologize for all of the people who were accusing you of all sorts of things, and generally criticizing you for everything they could think of, based on NOTHING that you said.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Ugh, what a pain!  I hope you guys can find a great 3 person room 🙂

12 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Well then, you sister’s friend should book her own cabin on her own dime or stay home.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I apologize for all of the people who were accusing you of all sorts of things, and generally criticizing you for everything they could think of, based on NOTHING that you said.

LOL...What a sense of humor.  🍑

You need to book a triple and get your kid back in your room.  

You're about to find out the fun way that a triple is BONKERS more money than a double, btw.  

Not a big deal.  We do family cruises.  I don't want to share balcony space w my siblings and their families.  That's the quiet peaceful spot for each of us.  We usually do not book near one another.  You will lose that aspect of it but you already dislike your sister so really how much time are you going to sit on a tiny balcony with her?  None.  Just go find a suitable triple before they are gone 

You said your folks are paying.  

When the sisters friend comes along she is forcing a double to become a triple.  Triple room mondo expensive.  This puts your parents in a position of paying significantly more even though the friend is paying for themselves.  Might want to see the total difference...could be as much as the friend taking a solo room on their own.   I don't think your sister realized how much adding another party into the mix jacks things up 

I just priced out same thing actually; 3 in an oceanview balcony on Harmony was almost $2700 MORE than 2 in an oceanview balcony on Harmony.  So I figured I'd book the cheapest interior gty I could for myself and pay the solo supplement (and get double points for myself) and just never set foot in the room, book my wife and son as 2 in a balcony.  The total difference was under $100 so I abandoned the idea.  They stick it to triples and solos.  

I believe this was mentioned before. Why doesn't your sister go ahead and book a three person cabin and then have your sister cancel her current two person cabin? Switch cabins onboard, so your sister and her friend can come to your cabin and y'all can go to your sister's cabin.

8 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

I believe this was mentioned before. Why doesn't your sister go ahead and book a three person cabin and then have your sister cancel her current two person cabin? Switch cabins onboard, so your sister and her friend can come to your cabin and y'all can go to your sister's cabin.

Because the OP wants to be in the cabin next to the grandparents, it appears they wanted to take their kids on a family vacation.

The grandparents kindly paid for 3 balcony cabins. Why don't you book yourself with your daughter, have your wife add "Jane Smith" in your place on your room, then have sis and her friend get their own cabin where ever they want? Have "Jane Smith" be a no show. Now your daughter has a balcony cabin to herself next to Mom and Dad.

I totally get it. I booked a cruise and my daughter and step daughter wanted to go. They paid $800 ( $400 each) for their cabin (step was 21 and my dd over 21) . I paid for airfare , taxes and EVERYTHING else. Less than a month before the cruise my step daughter came over with an attitude and stormed out after saying I no longer want to crusie with you!  I told her she would lose her $ she said she didn't care! My daughter found a freind to go but it cost me $1000 to get the friend air fare and change things for her. I couldn't expect the 21 yr old friend to pay that much a fee weeks before a cruise.

I was so mad at my step daughter but it all worked out and we had a fun time. Especially the friend who had never cruised before.