Coco Cay Tips

Abm234b

On the topic of safety... We left cell phones and other minor things (sunscreen, small amounts of cash ($20-30), etc. in a bag on both our beach and pool lounger. As others have said, your primary/only concern is other cruisers. I wasn't too worried.

3 hours ago, Quench said:

What are some of the other benefits for this park other than the water slides if any?  Will a refund be given if the weather is bad? Thanks!

Pool, jet skis, kayaks, parasailing, scuba, snorkeling, restaurants, bars, BBQ lunch, etc.

39 minutes ago, ToroAzul said:

The Perfect day at Coco Cay is the more you pay

I paid nothing and really did have a perfect day... We went to the beach for the morning, then to the pool, then lunch, then the pool again... (I mean, we did pay for a couple drinks but that is a given...)

As I've mentioned previously, there are a lot of things you can pay extra for but there is plenty to do that is included.  I went in September and aside from having the Deluxe Beverage Package already I didn't spend anything else that day and had a great time.  Purchased the water park pass in a couple weeks because I got a good price, but would be perfectly fine without it.  Many different beach/pool options, and the food is pretty good too.

I was trying to find it in a post I read, but I think people were saying that the Chicken Sandwich (maybe crispy) on Coco is pretty good??  And I will be having a few funnel cakes...can't wait!!!!

Edited by DustFSU
  • Thanks 1

My biggest tip is to get on the island as early as possible.  I was sitting at Oasis Lagoon by 8:30 with a few people.  It was quiet and empty.  Around 10, the invasion began with children and families.  I was ready to go back to the ship by 12!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, dsvd79 said:

My biggest tip is to get on the island as early as possible.  I was sitting at Oasis Lagoon by 8:30 with a few people.  It was quiet and empty.  Around 10, the invasion began with children and families.  I was ready to go back to the ship by 12!

Probably a good idea.  

In fact, its the reason why we are glad we have a great Water Park Cabana (got at the lowest price) - since only one (our) ship will be there...Coco Cay won't be as crowded as when the Oasis class ships are docked.

Plenty to enjoy there - so planning ahead is probably the best tip of all.

On 11/4/2019 at 8:06 PM, Ashland said:

I booked a ThrillPark Cabana (actually 2) for our group of 10 for our Harmony May 3, 2020 cruise at $499 per. happy with the pricing compared to when they were first released for my sale date. 

Any idea just how many cabana's there are at this location?

No idea, sorry.

The Thrill water park pass is $118 and the zipline is $105 or both for $225.  Times that by 4 people and it is pretty darn pricey.  Sailing on the Allure on the first week of January.  So any tips to save money with 2 kids that really love water slides would be great.  If I wait to book the passes do they get cheaper?

I use a KYSS bag at the beach or pool wherever I go. Never have to worry about my stuff. Unfortunately there are people who will lift stuff if it’s easy enough to do so. just because I’m on vacation doesn’t mean something like that won’t happen...don’t let your guard down if it’s something you don’t want to lose....why chance it.

On 11/16/2019 at 4:49 PM, Sean&Karen said:

If I wait to book the passes do they get cheaper?

Not likely unless by some chance they aren’t selling.  I bought mine for $35 this summer for our sailing next week and they haven’t been below $55 since then.  Keep checking but unfortunately they have no real incentive to drop the price.

• Like 1