Oceania beach/tote bag

Roccaforte

On all of our previous cruises in PH or Concierge cabins we were given a nice tote bag.  We’re sailing again soon in a PH and I noticed that this is no longer listed in the amenities.  Have they discontinued providing them?  Is the cashmere lap blanket meant to be left behind or is it considered a gift?  We have never taken one - just wondering.

The tote bag is still a part of the amenities for Concierge and PH cabins. Cashmere blanket is for use onboard only.

Here's a description for Concierge:

Highlights
  • "In addition to Stateroom amenities"
  • Expanded lunch and dinner room service menu from the Grand Dining Room
  • Free laundry service – up to 3 bags per stateroom 
  • Priority Noon ship embarkation 
  • Complimentary welcome bottle of Champagne
  • Priority online specialty restaurant reservations
  • Unlimited access to Canyon Ranch® private Spa Terrace
  • iPad® upon request for your enjoyment on board (limited availability)
  • Complimentary Oceania Cruises logo tote bag
  • Cashmere lap blankets, perfect for relaxing on your veranda 
  • Complimentary pressing of garments upon embarkation (certain limitations apply)
  • Complimentary shoe shine service
  • All Suites and Staterooms are Smoke-Free
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Carol From California said:

Maybe they changed the tote bag.  It's been a couple of years since we sailed on Oceania but our tote bags are all the same and are solid blue (cloth). 

Carol  were you in PH or a Suite ?  Maybe different

The ones we had in Concierge  were blue/white vinyl type  but I was thinking they were a light blue compared to the photo I found  above

inside was waterproof lining

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Carol  were you in PH or a Suite ?  Maybe different

The ones we had in Concierge  were blue/white vinyl type  but I was thinking they were a light blue compared to the photo I found  above

inside was waterproof lining

We were in a penthouse.  Bag was royal blue color.  I have 4-5 of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i have never seen a bag like the one in the pic.    I take a cream cloth bag from a previous O cruise and pleased I did as I am not keen on the blue nylon/plasticy one  they now provide.   The blanket stays in the suite as does the robe.    J 

While on the world cruise 2019, we got blue vinyl zippered tote bags...I was in a Penthouse suite but I think everyone got them. We got one every segment (!) so I have 7 of them...I use them for grocery shopping since our stores have gotten rid of plastic bags. 

20191023_100615.jpg

I was in a PH this year and there was a tote bag in the closet like the one pictured above.  I didn't take it.  I have enough tote bags.   Not interested in reusable water bottles either. I have enough of those too. 

If they replaced the tote bag with wine tumblers..... that is something I would use.

• Like 1

Am I miss understanding? I thought with the new water system on board Vero? We are in a couple of PH’s on our next trip that they supplied you with your own bottle to refill and they were yours. I might be getting confused.

Also guys come on over to HAL! LOL over the last 10 years they have gone from really nice heavy totes which I love to than light canvas which I use as grocery bags to a very cheap weaved paper type bags that fall apart!🙄

Have a good day all.

Denise😊

• Like 1

Just now, DeeniEncinitas said:

Am I miss understanding? I thought with the new water system on board Vero? We are in a couple of PH’s on our next trip that they supplied you with your own bottle to refill and they were yours. I might be getting confused.

That was the idea  not sure if the re-usable ones have been given out yet

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2019/OCEANIA+CRUISES+TO+ELIMINATE+PLASTIC+WATER+BOTTLES+IN+PIONEERING+GREEN+INITIATIVE+-+Partnership+With+Vero+Water+Will+Save+More+Than+Three+Million+Plastic+Bottles+Per+Year/

Phase Two will marry the Vero Water service with the guest experience ashore. All guests will be provided with their own re-useable Vero Water bottle which will be theirs to keep and to take home with them. This phase-in is expected to start in the second half of 2019.

Just now, LHT28 said:

That was the idea  not sure if the re-usable ones have been given out yet

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2019/OCEANIA+CRUISES+TO+ELIMINATE+PLASTIC+WATER+BOTTLES+IN+PIONEERING+GREEN+INITIATIVE+-+Partnership+With+Vero+Water+Will+Save+More+Than+Three+Million+Plastic+Bottles+Per+Year/

Phase Two will marry the Vero Water service with the guest experience ashore. All guests will be provided with their own re-useable Vero Water bottle which will be theirs to keep and to take home with them. This phase-in is expected to start in the second half of 2019.

LHT28!!!

As always you and Mura always come theough👍 I’m glad I was not imagining it!!!

Have a great day 

Denise😊

• Like 1

I have both of the bags pictured above from previous trips. I also have 2 or three other styles that we've gotten from O points. I actually prefer them. Then there are the backpacks. 

2.jpg

1.jpg

13 minutes ago, Carol From California said:

On the cruise I use it as a beach bag to go to the pool deck.  Put my e-reader, suntan lotion, room key card, and cell phone in it.   

Sorry.   I meant what do you use that many for?