When do Christmas decorations appear?

jeanneful

• Clarea changed the title to When do Christmas decorations appear?

Last year we boarded Navigator the day after Thanksgiving and the tree went up on day 5 of the cruise (27 November), but the year before we sailed on Serenade on 4 December and all the decorations were already up.

Guess it varies by ship, itinerary, etc.  For the last 5-6 years, on both Grandeur and Anthem, the tree has been up and decorated by the next morning.  Last year, I actually sat in the Centrum on Grandeur and watched them build it for a bit.  The things you do/see when you can't sleep.  

In thinking about this, I actually went back and looked at my trip pics to see if I was cray or no.  Appears that in 2016, on Grandeur, it was actually already up and decked out by early evening on 11/24 which I believe was TG day.  Look...

20161124_215629 (002).jpg

It depends on the ship.  Last couple years we always sail near Thanksgiving and the ship is typically decorated when we board.  On Serenade we sailed from November 30th to December 21st last year, and the decorations did not go up until December 10th.  We asked why, and we told they were observing Hanukkah.  The Christmas trees, gingerbread village, banister garland, Windjammer decorations and poinsettias appeared overnight. 

4 hours ago, julesbeara said:

It depends on the ship.  Last couple years we always sail near Thanksgiving and the ship is typically decorated when we board.  On Serenade we sailed from November 30th to December 21st last year, and the decorations did not go up until December 10th.  We asked why, and we told they were observing Hanukkah.  The Christmas trees, gingerbread village, banister garland, Windjammer decorations and poinsettias appeared overnight. 

That was a First for Serenade, was surprised myself. Done last 4yrs Thanksgiving/Serenade on B2B2B. Previous 3yrs all Xmas the Decorations were up by Fri Morn wakeup.

Edited by ONECRUISER