Flights booked with Princess

Shone216

6 minutes ago, Shone216 said:

Thinking of booking our flights for our next cruise with Princess... does anyone have any experience of this...

We try and use EZ Air whenever possible.
Awesome prices!

Easy to book!

With the flexible fares/prices it is easy to refare or cancel with no fees up to 45 days prior to the cruise.

Example....my flight to Rome. $321.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shone216 said:

Thinking of booking our flights for our next cruise with Princess... does anyone have any experience of this...

Not much experience...others will chime in with a lot more experience.

We don't usually fly, but our cruise in December we have to fly. Booked the day the flights posted. I'd already checked prices without EZAir. On the day I booked with EZAir, the flight with the airline was real close to $1000 for us (2 passengers). EZAir was slightly less than $500.

Great discount. So far there's been one small time change (20 minutes later to the airport). The price for EZAir went UP a couple of days after I booked. If you use EZAir, I would suggest booking as early as possible, if the price goes down, request an adjustment. You're locked in if the price goes up.

Hi,

I would think that the rules for picking/changing flights would be on the web site .

I'd go into your booking on Princess and see what flights they offer and the prices.

It will tell you if you can book a flexible fare that can be changed if the price changes.

Then go on an airline web site and compare the price of the flights.

IF you can book the flexible one on the EZ air site then you cannot lose.

IF you cannot book that then pick whichever one comes out best for you.

DO arrive at least one day before your cruise.

It depends greatly on your itinerary.  EZ Air's British Airways flights in Bus. Class were the going rate that you'd find on BA.com so we used our BA Chase Visa and saved 10% with their promo code (saved about $800).  Seems that for our itinerary, the prices were never low like those mentioned above.  Cheapest economy seats were about $850 and bus. was $8000.  So do your checking on multiple sites first and check to see if you have a BA Chase Visa and get that discount.

I have used EZ Air several times.  The prices are equal or better than booking directly with the airline. Even if it was slightly higher,  the flexibility is great and may be worth the difference. Many posts on these boards about it, but I see no downside to EZ Air for us.

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

We try and use EZ Air whenever possible.
Awesome prices!

Easy to book!

With the flexible fares/prices it is easy to refare or cancel with no fees up to 45 days prior to the cruise.

Example....my flight to Rome. $321.

I concur with this endorsement. While I have only booked domestic flights (Philly to Ft Lauderdale) the prices have been significantly below the prices on other sites, including the airline sites. Having a flexible fare which allows changes up to 45 days prior is a significant bonus.

• Like 1

We did our first EZair flight in 2015 to South America.  It went very smoothly so we now book all flights to the ship through EZair.  So far we have been very pleased with them.  You do not pay for the airline ticket until payment for the cruise, it is cancelable up to 45 days before departure and you can refare at any time up until the 45 days before. It is a win-win situation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frugaltravel said:

The problem with EZAir is when thugs go wrong with the airline. Princess offers NO guarantees, only a promise to help. EZAir bookings are consolidator tickets and often get less favorable treatment vs. "normal" in case there are irregular operations.

Unless you have frequent flier status with the airline

9 hours ago, RotaryMike said:

Besides usually saving money on the airfares, booking with EZair, if your cruise is booked using future cruise deposits, you book flights with assigned seats and don't pay any $$ until you make your final cruise payment.

The ability to select seats and not paying until final cruise payment time does not depend in having used a FCD. No matter how you booked the cruise, the ability to select seats and paying for the flights (assuming flexible fares were possible) is the same.

• Like 1

What I love about EZair that their prices are DEFINITELY better for flying Bus./First.  I do pay some more but it is doable for me, so I am able to fly Bus./First and I feel so pampered with seating and use of their lounges(info: if anyone can fly Bus/First on Air Canada and have a stopover in Toronto, please use their lounge.  They have a free 3 course meal that was one of the best I have had in a long time.  Free drinks(alcohol and non) too.  Loved their lounge.)  What would have cost $5000-9000 on the website of the airline costs me around $1500 through EZair.  Luckily doable for me, but thousands, nope.  And I find I can pick my seats immediately when flying Bus./First and are there on the airline site immediately too.  Also less chance of being cancelled too.  Just something to think about.  In fact, when planning our next European land adventure, I am putting a 7 day cruise in the middle so I can fly EZair RT!!!!!

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands