ARCADIA 24 NIGHT CANADIAN CRUISE REVIEW

Solent Richard

I have recently completed and published a full review of my recent 24 night round trip Canada onboard  Arcadia  and thought I'd share it with you all.

Here is the link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/…/arcadias-canadian-r…/

There are over 80 photographs and covers both the ship and the itinerary.

I'd be delighted to answer any questions anyone may have. 

As Arcadia is due to complete the same itinerary in 2021 and Aurora in 2020 members may find the review extra useful.

1488656659_Arcadia1FeaturedImage.jpg.fb7024bb0b14d3fe023cdde419b31d57.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Solent Richard said:

I have recently completed and published a full review of my recent 24 night round trip Canada onboard  Arcadia  and thought I'd share it with you all.

Here is the link...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/…/arcadias-canadian-r…/

There are over 80 photographs and covers both the ship and the itinerary.

I'd be delighted to answer any questions anyone may have. 

As Arcadia is due to complete the same itinerary in 2021 and Aurora in 2020 members may find the review extra useful.

1488656659_Arcadia1FeaturedImage.jpg.fb7024bb0b14d3fe023cdde419b31d57.jpg

Richard, I have just spent a happy 20 minutes reading your blog and really enjoyed it. Really very informative and useful for anyone considering this trip. Many thanks.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyed rreading this review. We were the September Aurora USA and Canada ports and like yourselves we missed Corner Brook - Hurricane Dorian put paid to that! We also missed Sydney due to fog so it was interesting to see what we had missed! Loved seeing the photos to accompany the review. Many thanks!

• Like 1

Excellent report, and I found it especially interesting as we are considering doing the same cruise in 2022 [assuming it is still on offer]. My concern is that there are a lot of sea days [nothing wrong with that] but relatively few ports to offset the sea days. You obviously found enough to keep you occupied in port, as you had done a great deal of research, but I do wonder if the more casual visitor, like myself, may find the ports  a little less interesting? 

• Like 1

Thanks Richard for a wonderful review , we will be doing this same cruise on Arcadia in September 2021 Canada in the fall , and will be using some of you tips and information on the ports. Arcadia is my favorite ship and have three more cruises booked on her , jeanlyon I think we are on the same cruise next April to canaries especially looking forward to Madeira.

• Like 1

Thank you!

I had a couple of jobs I needed to do here but kept putting them off.  I thought I would have a quick look at your review.

I got engrossed and then wondered if you had been on Oceana (we are booked!), so I did a search found you had  and then got into that review. I enjoyed them both.    

The problem was the washing up was still there and the ironing is still in the basket!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, wowzz said:

Excellent report, and I found it especially interesting as we are considering doing the same cruise in 2022 [assuming it is still on offer]. My concern is that there are a lot of sea days [nothing wrong with that] but relatively few ports to offset the sea days. You obviously found enough to keep you occupied in port, as you had done a great deal of research, but I do wonder if the more casual visitor, like myself, may find the ports  a little less interesting? 

Good morning Wowzz.

Please allow me to reassure you that there was certainly enough interest in each port to occupy even the most disinterested traveller. I'd be the first to admit that my interests aren't always everyone else cup of tea.

And remember we had visited both Halifax and Quebec on a number of occasions hence our diversification  at those ports.

As I reported, it was a real struggle on the outbound passage to fit all the daily  'entertainment', Port talks and visiting lecturers in. Equally on the Homeward leg there was no shortage of things to do: it was just that some subject matter did not interest me and we are not into quizzes and games. I did  however find enough to keep me from too many visits to The Rising Sun and with the clocks going forward almost daily a nice long lunch with wine often proved  a siesta too hard to resist. 😂😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Thank you!

I had a couple of jobs I needed to do here but kept putting them off.  I thought I would have a quick look at your review.

I got engrossed and then wondered if you had been on Oceana (we are booked!), so I did a search found you had  and then got into that review. I enjoyed them both.    

The problem was the washing up was still there and the ironing is still in the basket!!!

Thank you for your kind comment.

I could always send my good lady around to finish the ironing for you.

17 hours ago, jh1809 said:

Thanks for a very interesting and comprehensive review, Richard. You certainly seem to have got the most out of your cruise.

And thank you for your kind comment.

So much of cruising enjoyment is about attitude and knowing what basic to expect.

I always say that with P&O you get what it says on the tin and with that in mind from the start it's not too difficult  to difficult to make a few small enhancements to make a complete cruise while not raising one's expectations above the bar.

I've even now booked to sail on Iona: bunt until 2021.

Entirely agree with the above.   We always take changes and little niggles as part of the adventure.  We go away for 'us' time, and for enjoyment and a good laugh.

It can be catching though.  We were on a cruise (not P and O) and had coffee with a couple who moaned and moaned abut everything, cabin, food, staff but mostly about nothing to do on sea days.   When we met them the second morning on and on they went and we found ourselves nodding in agreement almost and wondering if it was a rubbish  cruise.

We had to take stock of ourselves and talked about it.   It was a good, relaxing cruise and we WERE enjoying it.    

We made sure we weren't available for coffee for the rest of the cruise!!!! 😀😀

ps Lady Solent is welcome here anytime Richard.  The ironing basket will probably be in the same place for the foreseeable future!

• Like 1

Richard - thank you for taking the time to reply, and to address the issues I had with regard to the ports on the Canadian cruise. 

It has given us food for thought - trying to decide now between an Akaska cruise + land journey, which will be more expensive, especially as we no longer fly economy, or the Arcadia round trip. At least we have 6 months or so to weigh up the options before the Autumn 2022 cruises become available.

• Like 1

Hi, through this posting I found your link to your review of your 35 day carribean cruise a couple of years ago. As we are booked on the same duration cruise on Oceana in Nov it was really useful and would recommend your review to anyone like me about to embark on the cuise in a few weeks. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 10:53 PM, mrbluesea said:

Hi, through this posting I found your link to your review of your 35 day carribean cruise a couple of years ago. As we are booked on the same duration cruise on Oceana in Nov it was really useful and would recommend your review to anyone like me about to embark on the cuise in a few weeks. Thanks.

Thank you for the kind comment.

Just to save anyone else the time, here is that link to Oceana's Caribbean ...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/02/17/oceana-35-night-caribbean-round-trip/

7 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

Thank you for the kind comment.

Just to save anyone else the time, here is that link to Oceana's Caribbean ...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2017/02/17/oceana-35-night-caribbean-round-trip/

Thanks again Richard. 

Weare on Oceana for the first time next week, so your excellent insight has got us even more excited. 

Andy