$1 Deposits only on October 31

idahospud

I booked our 50th wedding anniversary cruise for April 2021, giving us a long time to pay for the cruise.  We had wanted to do this for a while.  I was able to get an accessible room for my husband.  I hope some of our family will be able to go but they all work/go to school and it will probably be just us, but it will be special.

1 hour ago, LSUGranny said:

I booked our 50th wedding anniversary cruise for April 2021, giving us a long time to pay for the cruise.  We had wanted to do this for a while.  I was able to get an accessible room for my husband.  I hope some of our family will be able to go but they all work/go to school and it will probably be just us, but it will be special.

Congrats we have number 40 coming up in May looking for a cruise now

🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

5 hours ago, SLC1954 said:

I booked a 3-for-free with the $1.00 deposit, but on the confirmation and travel summary the 3-for-free did not show up.  Spent to long on hold, not sure if the 3-for-free is really there.

It should be on your travel summary about page 3, under "Special Services."  My free OBC and gratuities show there as well as my extra specialty dining and coffee cards they comped me. Should also be on your one page Booking Confirmation.

If not, definitely worth your time to talk to someone.  I called late a.m. today and only was on hold for about 3-5 minutes.  So give it a try.

Pooh

I am thinking this is a big to-do about nothing much.  I would think most people posting on these Princess threads have FCD's.  But maybe they are used up????  IMO, $1 deposit is no good as I would be applying a $100 FCD to get the OBC benefit. 

1 hour ago, finoky said:

We booked an 8 day on the Discovery for Dec of 2021.

I booked a Nov 17, 2021, on the Discovery but was told it wasn’t eligible for $1 deposit.  Were you able to take advantage?  

20 minutes ago, Sudoku said:

I booked a Nov 17, 2021, on the Discovery but was told it wasn’t eligible for $1 deposit.  Were you able to take advantage?  

Who told you that, and were you doing a new booking? I just looked it up and both the 7 day and the 21 voyages on Nov 17 have the $1 deposits. 

53C5A986-3D44-4B61-8D0A-B45027683101.jpeg

Edited by idahospud

Computers were going up and down all day to day.  TAs had to wait for up to 45 minutes with Princess get questions answered.  We decided to give Princess one more chance since they finally honored a 20% credit we received from a recent cruise and which paid the last bit on our Feb 2020 cruise around Cape Horn.  So what we did today was got the $1 deposit which was $2 for a three person  deluxe balcony cabin on the Sky Princess for an 11-night cruise to the Baltic in July 2020 (us and 16 year old son).  The free gratuities and free one category upgrade made the price attractive enough that we decided to mark some more things off the bucket list.

Princess computers are still lagging and glitching but better than this afternoon.  Probably get back to normal tomorrow but all of the customer care people are going to be catatonic.  People were really blowing up the phones to day.

Edited by mamkmm2

21 hours ago, Sudoku said:

Yes, $1 deposit was used. We booked a BF on lido.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:44 AM, PoohUnderstands said:

Ok, here's the scoop.  Suites are excluded from the $1 deposit but do get the special deposit of $200 rather than the normal 20%of fare deposit.  It is refundable.  After discussing with customer relations (one step up from regular rep.), she agreed with me but could not give $1.  I asked her if she could give some OBC to cover "interest" I would be losing(well it might amount to about $3.00 by the time of the cruise in 2021! Grin), and she said she couldn't.  BUT, she is able to help out in other areas, and we ended up getting a specialty dinner for two at Crown Grille and 2 free coffee cards.  I think that was very fair of Princess.  Please be advised I was very sweet but firm during my conversation with her and not mean, etc.  We communicated well and came to a mutual agreement that was fair to all.  And am going to enjoy my "go to" stateroom(on the new ships, Sky, Enchanted, Discovery) of S108 or S107 on the Sky!

Pooh

Thank you for checking and getting back to us!👍😁

• Like 1