Explorer itinerary altered 10/31

I’m booked on the TA and have been offered a paltry $201 OBC and the same in FCC. I don’t consider this a fair amount considering the disruption to the trip. One port day instead of 4 is very disappointing. 

I’ve also lost out on hotel fees in Southampton as the room was only refundable up to 14 days prior to the reservation.

Does anyone have the email address or phone number to contact RCI please? The UK numbers are direct to an offshore office.

Thanks

Gill

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Navigat8 said:

I’m booked on the TA and have been offered a paltry $201 OBC and the same in FCC. I don’t consider this a fair amount considering the disruption to the trip. One port day instead of 4 is very disappointing. 

I’ve also lost out on hotel fees in Southampton as the room was only refundable up to 14 days prior to the reservation.

Does anyone have the email address or phone number to contact RCI please? The UK numbers are direct to an offshore office.

Thanks

Gill

01932834119 or 03444933009

C&A D+ 08002404261

mbayley@rccl.com

Good luck.

Graham

Edited by grapau27

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

01932834119 or 03444933009

C&A D+ 08002404261

mbayley@rccl.com

Good luck.

Graham

Yes good luck Gill, stand your ground, people are definitely getting different offers which is really unfair. We've cancelled and are getting a refund, although the email sent to us all said only a FCC would be offered. They must have taken legal advice and been told they have to refund or they wouldn't do it. Why not be upfront and tell people that in the first place. They're not covering themselves in glory with this. 

2 minutes ago, Bestbubba said:

Yes good luck Gill, stand your ground, people are definitely getting different offers which is really unfair. We've cancelled and are getting a refund, although the email sent to us all said only a FCC would be offered. They must have taken legal advice and been told they have to refund or they wouldn't do it. Why not be upfront and tell people that in the first place. They're not covering themselves in glory with this. 

I think you have made the right decision and hopefully it is a full refund even if it is a future cruise credit.

Happy special birthday.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think you have made the right decision and hopefully it is a full refund even if it is a future cruise credit.

Happy special birthday.

Thanks Graham, we think so. Its a full cash refund, we told them we had no interest in a FCC and we stayed on the line while the TA sent us an email confirming it all. Thank you for your good wishes. 

Sue 

1 minute ago, Bestbubba said:

Thanks Graham, we think so. Its a full cash refund, we told them we had no interest in a FCC and we stayed on the line while the TA sent us an email confirming it all. Thank you for your good wishes. 

Sue 

That's fantastic news,I am really pleased for you.

Graham

14 hours ago, legin1 said:

I wonder why they didn't miss out one port day and come back on the same day as Queen Victoria, would have been a better option.

Yes and they could have allowed people who wanted to, stay onboard for the extra day and get off on the day they were supposed to. This way they have impacted 2 cruises?

According to my calculations the amount I am to receive is exactly 3/14 of my cruise fare.  I expect there will be some refund yet to come for port taxes as well.

The crappy part is the small amount for hotel reimbursement.  It won’t begin to cover three days hotel in Southampton, not to mention meals. I’m looking into whether some or all of this excess out-of-pocket expense will be covered by my travel insurance

Edited by cruisestitch

It sounds like the current cruisers totally scored!! The TA cruisers got the short end of the stick. Flying to Europe isn’t exactly something you can change this close to departure, so those extra hotel days are gonna be quite costly. I hope Royal steps up for the TA passengers with full hotel compensation. 

Everyone I think we have the answer,    this has come from a passenger who is on board right now.  They have put this on face book     ( Our first stop we saw the divers were under the boat working from when we docked until we left.  From what we could make out  it was the stabilizer being tinkered with which makes the reason for the rougher crossing over here.  Wouldnt have fancied the trip home if the weather broke that again.

9 minutes ago, legin1 said:

Everyone I think we have the answer,    this has come from a passenger who is on board right now.  They have put this on face book     ( Our first stop we saw the divers were under the boat working from when we docked until we left.  From what we could make out  it was the stabilizer being tinkered with which makes the reason for the rougher crossing over here.  Wouldnt have fancied the trip home if the weather broke that again.

I am on board and there are no stabiliser issues.  

The Brits seem to have a thing about stabilisers since the Navigator “issue” last year.  Someone has posted that there was a small amount of water getting into one of the engines. Divers at one port only. Issue resolved. 

• Like 1

Hi All, I'm one of the passengers to sail to Miami, I have a friend who works deep sea Tankers he witnessed the divers working on the Explorer, regardless of the problems the divers are inspecting the hull, what they are looking for I don't know, if there is an issue under the water, surely a dry docking would point to the answer, to tell us its a problem with the weather seems a bit weak given that other cruisers from the area are heading to Southampton. I would like RCC to clarify their intentions once at Southampton.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bob the dog said:

Hi All, I'm one of the passengers to sail to Miami, I have a friend who works deep sea Tankers he witnessed the divers working on the Explorer, regardless of the problems the divers are inspecting the hull, what they are looking for I don't know, if there is an issue under the water, surely a dry docking would point to the answer, to tell us its a problem with the weather seems a bit weak given that other cruisers from the area are heading to Southampton. I would like RCC to clarify their intentions once at Southampton.

I hope they do give more info, I am supposed to be on the 11/19 out of Miami, so I would like to know if that's affected.

300 will be disembarking in Lisbon apparently.  Some have already got off in Malaga, and also one family in Lanzarote. I have no idea why on that one! 

Cunard continued to Southampton as she is a totally different construction and is an oceanliner, built to withstand the waves.

P&O apparently had a terrible crossing with periods of prolonged listing. Many breakages on board.

I’m happy RCI kept us safe although Biscay only has 5m waves 🌊 ahead of us now ....

Edited by little britain

Queen Mary 2 is the only ship still built as an ocean liner. Queen Victoria is s standard cruise ship similar to all HAL Vista Class ships, Costa Luminosa and Deliziosa and Arcadia, all the same class of ships.

The weather to Lisbon is not nice but doable, we just went through ahead of you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

300 will be disembarking in Lisbon apparently.  Some have already got off in Malaga, and also one family in Lanzarote. I have no idea why on that one! 

Are they flying home at their own expense or has RCL offered help?

Edited by kernow

The paperwork said they were paying for Lisbon flights - there was no need to get off in Malaga or Lanzarote as that would just be leaving the ship early.  🤷‍♀️  

Meanwhile a fantastic overnight in Lisbon; so good to see the crew being able to have some down time too and enjoy the city. As some were coming back onboard at 5am just as DH was getting off I suspect some may be feeling a little delicate today!!! 

On 10/31/2019 at 5:16 PM, little britain said:

There are strange rumours on the Zuckerberg site that we are extending the cruise by 4 days and not back till Friday 😬

Has anyone on the 11/5 TA heard anything? 

Hi Guys, I'm on the 5.11.2019 cruise, just had a look at my Cruise Planner and it tells me that my cruise has started today in Lisbon and on the 4th day it will call into Southampton for a visit.

2 minutes ago, bob the dog said:

Hi Guys, I'm on the 5.11.2019 cruise, just had a look at my Cruise Planner and it tells me that my cruise has started today in Lisbon and on the 4th day it will call into Southampton for a visit.

They did the same thing to the app foe the 9/1/19 Shortened Allure cruise.