Explorer itinerary altered 10/31

2 minutes ago, kernow said:

No mention of any compensation for those on the TA despite the cruise being 3 days less? 

Are you missing ports too?

If you choose to sail…

To help make up for the unexpected shortened cruise, we’re providing you with the following: 

• A refund for the cruise days missed, plus a Future Cruise Credit so that you can come back and sail with us. 
    • Both amounts will be in the value of the 3 days your cruise was shortened by, and based on the cruise fare paid, per person, non-inclusive of taxes and fees.
  • A refund in the form of an onboard credit for any remaining taxes and fees, after the itinerary change.
  • In addition, if you purchased an internet or beverage package, unlimited dining package, or pre-paid your gratuities, you’ll receive a prorated refund for the shortened 3 days.
  • Any pre-purchased Royal Caribbean International shore excursions for the missed ports will also be refunded as an onboard credit.
  • Also, we know we have many Crown & Anchor members on this sailing, and we know how important it is to get you to that next tier …so, we will honor the days missed as loyalty point nights – even though the sailing is shortened. 
  • Transport rearrangement fees only, meaning you needed to get to the ship regardless of this change – but if you pre-booked it and there is an issue changing, we will review this expense. 

All refunds will be applied to your Onboard Account as a refundable credit can be used anywhere onboard. Any unused credits will be refunded back to your credit card on file about 3 - 5 business days after the sailing ends.

If you purchased your air with us directly, we will contact you to assist with changing your flights. If you purchased your air independently, we are currently working with some of our airline partners, as some have agreed to waive change fees for our guests due to this special circumstance.

• If your airline does not waive the change fees, we will cover your non-refundable air change fees: up to $200 USD/£155 per person for domestic flights and $400 USD / £310 per person for international flights. 
  • If you are not a local guest, and are unable to change your flights, and incur a cost due to a hotel stay, we’ll provide you with a refund of up to $200 USD/£155 per stateroom. 
  • Please send your receipts to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com for reimbursement review.

If you choose to not sail…

While we hope that you do, if you decide not to, we’ll provide you with: 

• A 100% Future Cruise Credit of your cruise fare paid to rebook at a later time. 
  • A refund for all pre-purchased packages like, internet or beverage, unlimited dining package, or pre-paid your gratuities. And, you’ll receive a refund for your pre-purchased shore excursions.
  • You can expect to receive your Future Cruise Credit via email by November 12th, 2019. 

If you prefer to rebook another cruise now…

• If you’d like to re-schedule your cruise sooner, you may move your funds over to a new reservation with no penalty.
  • Pricing will be at prevailing rates and you will not receive a Future Cruise Credit. If you’d like to re-book, please do so before November 5th.

Again, we are truly sorry for this last-minute change, but appreciate your patience, understanding, and cooperation during this very fluid and unexpected circumstance. We are confident, you’ll have a wonderful holiday!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International 

10 minutes ago, little britain said:

Assume we will get points for a 14n cruise instead of for the original 11n cruise?

Asking for a friend lol!!

That is what has happened in these situations in the past.

8 minutes ago, Kezzie62 said:

While we hope that you do, if you decide not to, we’ll provide you with: 

• A 100% Future Cruise Credit of your cruise fare paid to rebook at a later time. 

Isn't the norm a full refund, not just FCC?

Yes.  Last year on the Navigator Transatlantic, we were offered the option of a Full Refund.  We chose to still sail though and the Ship did stop at a few places.  This is only going to one place.  Understand this is all part of Cruising, but still very, very disappointing.  Can't make any decisions just yet.  Hubby not in from Work.🙄

1 minute ago, 3StepDam44 said:

Yes.  Last year on the Navigator Transatlantic, we were offered the option of a Full Refund.  We chose to still sail though and the Ship did stop at a few places.  This is only going to one place.  Understand this is all part of Cruising, but still very, very disappointing.  Can't make any decisions just yet.  Hubby not in from Work.🙄

We've received the Royal Caribbean email. Totally understand about the weather and safety being non negotiable, we've been cruising for 40 years. I think I'd rather have a full refund though, as has always been offered in the past, under similar circumstances. 1 port (and not one of the original ports) and 10 days cruising is not very appealing in November. 

That's shockingly poor compensation. Not even an offer of a refund for a cruise that was supposed to do 4 unique stops and now doing just one. Appreciate it's bad weather but sometimes RCL really do surprise me with their initial offering.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bestbubba said:

We've received the Royal Caribbean email. Totally understand about the weather and safety being non negotiable, we've been cruising for 40 years. I think I'd rather have a full refund though, as has always been offered in the past, under similar circumstances. 1 port (and not one of the original ports) and 10 days cruising is not very appealing in November. 

I can understand your concerns as this doesn't sound appealing to me either.

I hope you can get a satisfactory conclusion and hope your special birthday is still enjoyable.

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I can understand your concerns as this doesn't sound appealing to me either.

I hope you can get a satisfactory conclusion and hope your special birthday is still enjoyable.

Thank you, I'll keep you posted! 

Sue 

• Thanks 1

Just now, LXA350 said:

This is the risk you take booking a transatlantic In November and RCCL cannot be blamed for the weather, hence the compensation offered is more than adequte.

Not sure I agree. This cruise was priced at a premium, presumably due to the fact it was doing four southern Caribbean stops. Now it's a standard TA crossing which usually sell at a discount. The compensation should reflect this. 

I have an interest in this as my parents are due to sail on this for their first TA and they're so disappointed. Cancelling isn't an option really due to the non-refundable hotel/car/flight bookings they have in Miami which RCL wouldn't cover if they cancel. Nor are they even offering them the option of a cash refund.

Edited by Mark_UK
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

Not sure I agree. This cruise was priced at a premium, presumably due to the fact it was doing four southern Caribbean stops. Now it's a standard TA crossing which usually sell at a discount. The compensation should reflect this. 

Got to agree, we booked this cruise for the southern itinarey and paid the premium.

Now it's only 1 stop and I assume a much colder route. Just refunding the lost days and giving a credit for 3 days for a cruise we may or may not take is disappointing. 

Would they let us use the future cruise credit on celebrity

3 hours ago, mugtech said:

So then the TA folks will get 3 less points.  On NCL Sandy turned a 9 day into 13 days, but we only got points for 9 days.

Royal normally gives points for all the originally scheduled days if the cruise is cut short.

I've had an email telling me Due to the weather the Explorer will be docking at Southampton 8th November, so it looks like those on the present cruise are having an extended cruise, as for us going on the next one we are having 3 days knocked of, this means 3 out of the 4 Virgin Islands won't be visited, so its going to be an 8day crossing to St Martin then 2 days sailing to Miami. This is a real chocker, RCI are telling us that they cannot predict the weather and measures are put in place for compensation, lots of people have hotel accommodation booked in Southampton, this going to be a headache especially for those who have flown from the USA to here and are expecting to sail home.

Edited by bob the dog

The atmosphere on board is generally upbeat, the only complaints are those with drinks or Wi-fi packages will have to pay for the extra days (50% of onboard rate). Some bought drinks at $40pd in their planner and the onboard rate is $82 !!!

seems a little penny pinching given all that has happened not to comp for 2 days  🤷‍♀️

Not sure how many will get off in Lisbon and fly back : there are a lot of kids on board who should be back at school! Parents get fined in uk if kids miss more than 5 days unauthorised absence ! 
Looking forward to overnighting in Malaga and Lisbon! 

Edited by little britain