Upgrade question - imminent deadline

nonni2

14 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Again, this will be a cruise you'll both remember forever.  Enjoy every amenity and surprise that comes your way as part of being a suite guest.  Rely on your concierge as she/he can do most of the tasks which you would normally do for yourself.  Although, the NL is a bit of a hike from your stateroom, go several times a day and partake in the goodies and converse with the wonderful other passengers.  Wishing you a memorable cruise.

I know that you do not have much time before your cruise, but do take some time to research the various perks of being in a Neptune.  My favorite is being able to have breakfast daily in the Pinnacle Grill (same food offerings but much nicer surroundings and service).  Also, as it is easy to miss I mention, on embarkation day there will be a welcome aboard reception for Neptunes - ask where and when in the Neptune Lounge as the location varies by ship.  It is usually held around 7 PM for an hour.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nonni2 said:

I just printed our new luggage tags, and see that they have "Priority" written on them. Oh, I feel like a country bumpkin on her first journey to the big city!  😀

Ha ha!   Enjoy it-take it all in!  Make sure you know all the perks and have a wonderful time.

• Like 1

Hey Mr. and Mrs. Neptune, congrats. I am turning green with envy that you are cruising to Hawaii.  I will on the same ship in a different aft facing Neptune this spring and can't wait to hear how you like it.  Please post some photos of your cabin and your veranda.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nonni2 said:

I just printed our new luggage tags, and see that they have "Priority" written on them. Oh, I feel like a country bumpkin on her first journey to the big city!  😀

Congrats Mr and Mrs Neptune!  We felt similar, the first time we got an upsell to a Neptune, but seriously, in our limited Neptune experience there's only one or two people on any cruise who think they are --special-- because they are in a Neptune.  You'll probably meet them and know right away that they are the one or two 😉  Everyone else is "just folks", if you know what I mean 🙂

One thing I love is the complimentary laundry and dry cleaning.  When  we do have a Neptune (not very often) I make good use of that.  The other thing I really like is the Neptune Lounge for early morning coffee, and nibbles throughout the day.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

Edited by VennDiagram
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, VennDiagram said:

Congrats Mr and Mrs Neptune!  We felt similar, the first time we got an upsell to a Neptune, but seriously, in our limited Neptune experience there's only one or two people on any cruise who think they are --special-- because they are in a Neptune.  You'll probably meet them and know right away that they are the one or two 😉  Everyone else is "just folks", if you know what I mean 🙂

Funny, at one Neptune reception we met a couple like that - they were VERY upset that they did not have a butler nor free drinks in the Neptune Lounge (and a few other items).  They said that they always had them on other HAL ships - obviously they were confused.  I was happy to hear that they said they would not sail on a HAL ship in the future......

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Funny, at one Neptune reception we met a couple like that - they were VERY upset that they did not have a butler nor free drinks in the Neptune Lounge (and a few other items).  They said that they always had them on other HAL ships - obviously they were confused.  I was happy to hear that they said they would not sail on a HAL ship in the future......

We got the butlers on Celebrity, and the Concierge Lounge on Royal Caribbean.  The Neptune Lounge has concierge on duty the entire time it's open.  Also, no free alcohol means no overcrowding during happy hour.  With Royal Caribbean, Diamond and Concierge Lounges, it's impossible to find a seat when the alcohol is flowing.

I do like Royal Caribbean's ability for the concierges to book and cancel shore excursions at their desk.  No waiting for EXC to open like HAL does.

• Like 1

We had aft cabins twice before - but nothing like this one! Both were RCCL, and we loved the first one. The second was on Freedom and was SOOOO far from everything, and the balcony was weirdly configured, and that was 7 years ago. This upcoming corner Neptune looks like the best of ALL worlds!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, knittinggirl said:

I do like Royal Caribbean's ability for the concierges to book and cancel shore excursions at their desk.  No waiting for EXC to open like HAL does.

The concierges in the Neptune Lounge can also book and cancel shore excursions. No need to wait for EXEC to open.

They are basically a one stop shop 😉 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kazu said:

The concierges in the Neptune Lounge can also book and cancel shore excursions. No need to wait for EXEC to open.

They are basically a one stop shop 😉 

We always have them do it for us as well - as soon as we board, just after 11:30 AM.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We always have them do it for us as well - as soon as we board, just after 11:30 AM.

Thanks, I will do the same thing!

Tamarind, shore excursions etc.  Will they book a anytime dining in the main dining room?

Also, for do you need reservations for Club Orange dining?

Edited by Judyrem
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Thanks, I will do the same thing!

Tamarind, shore excursions etc.  Will they book a anytime dining in the main dining room?

Also, for do you need reservations for Club Orange dining?

I think they can do anytime dining for you (within the limitations of what’s allowed for reserved dining.  

I Believe Club O is considered anytime dining.  I’d definitely check with your concierge when you get on board.

The concierges are like the front desk, shore excursions, restaurant reservations and more all rolled into one.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Would they do a wine package for me?

Those are normally ordered through a wine steward.

And, it’s nice to give them the wine stewards the credit so I’ve never asked the concierge to do that.  

It’s easy to do at dinner, at the Lido, etc.  Wine stewards are happy to help 🙂 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Would they do a wine package for me?

I would think so, but I would wait until dinner and book with your wine steward.  That way you can be sure what wines they have on the lists, plus I understand that the wine stewards get some sort of a credit for selling packages.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

MANY thanks to all of you who replied with encouragement and information! That Neptune suite really made the trip for us. We had already planned for low-key times in port, as we’d visited them before, and our most recent cruise, prior to this one, was very intense. As it turned out, the Oosterdam’s Hawaii trip had the most uninspired activity program we’ve ever experienced. We spent wonderful hours in our suite, on our huge balcony, and in the Neptune Lounge. The perks of Pinnacle breakfasts, priority anytime dining, and free laundry were constant joys. With the help of the terrific concierge staff, we even had a Cruise Critic afternoon tea in our room! Boy, it’s going to be tough to go back to a regular room, but we’ll have this wonderful memory forever. 

• Like 1