ideas for carrying medallion around the ship?

jujuyu211

here is what i did to ours...i used construction paper to tell DH and mine apart..who can read that tiny print..lol and then got some lobster claws at michaels and made keychains...used a badge holder to clip them to the bag we took on/off the ship and just pulled them over to the podium, tapped each one let go and they sucked right back up to the bag

20191020_102314.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, 40yearcruiser said:

Could somebody who has a medallion measure the diameter of it so we will know in what size opening it will fit?

Medallion is 1 1/8 in diameter and 1/8 in thick.  

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Happy2cruise,

Princess gives you 2 of them when you stay in a suite. So I don’t know if you can purchase one. I would ask my cabin steward if he could get you one. 
Tony

They are harder to come by because of the Medallion. I just saw some on ebay.

My DH just puts it loose in his pocket.  Never had a problem with losing it either.  I can't stand the way the lanyards make you look like tagged cattle.  I go with the plastic wristband.  Bought 4 iFit ones from Amazon but they didn't work quite as well as the $12 one onboard.  And BTW, they do not offer any discounts on that stuff even for Elite.  

3 hours ago, Happy2cruise said:

Thanks all for your replies.  Unfortunately we are not in a suite and I just checked Ebay and could not find any....what were they listed under?  Would really like to get one for my husband....thanks again!

They have them on Amazon:  Fit Bit Clip
I wonder if the metal in them causes a problem with the Medallion?  They are super sensitive.  My DH's cell phone deactivated his.

4 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

They have them on Amazon:  Fit Bit Clip
I wonder if the metal in them causes a problem with the Medallion?  They are super sensitive.  My DH's cell phone deactivated his.

The metal won't affect it in the slightest. My carrier has a complete metal backing on it & the medallions work just fine. 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, cruzrbachoua said:

here is what i did to ours...i used construction paper to tell DH and mine apart..who can read that tiny print..lol and then got some lobster claws at michaels and made keychains...used a badge holder to clip them to the bag we took on/off the ship and just pulled them over to the podium, tapped each one let go and they sucked right back up to the bag

20191020_102314.jpg

I love this idea-looks great!  My problem so far is my clear plastic holder doesn't seem to close properly, even though the top "latch" is holding it closed.  The bottom and sides are not shutting properly.  I've tried making sure the bottom lip is down into the other half but still not closing.  

1 minute ago, nycruiser2006 said:

I love this idea-looks great!  My problem so far is my clear plastic holder doesn't seem to close properly, even though the top "latch" is holding it closed.  The bottom and sides are not shutting properly.  I've tried making sure the bottom lip is down into the other half but still not closing.  

hmm wonder if it is a defect of the plastic holder.  mine snapped back together.  i just used basic construction paper about the same thickness as normal computer paper. Are you using something thicker?  As the cruise wore on i did see that there was a little give and it didnt seem as tight..but they were still safe didnt feel like it would pop open.  

3 minutes ago, nycruiser2006 said:

Try inserting the bottom first & then squeezing the top closed.

3 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

hmm wonder if it is a defect of the plastic holder.  mine snapped back together.  i just used basic construction paper about the same thickness as normal computer paper. Are you using something thicker?  As the cruise wore on i did see that there was a little give and it didnt seem as tight..but they were still safe didnt feel like it would pop open.  

Only using the blue background paper that came with the lanyard.  I took everything out and it still doesn't click tight so must just be the clear holder.  This is only a 3-day Inagural cruise so we will get by.  next 2 cruises are on the Grand which is not medallion yet.  Bet we will be bummed going back to plain ole cruise cards

30 minutes ago, nycruiser2006 said:

Only using the blue background paper that came with the lanyard.  I took everything out and it still doesn't click tight so must just be the clear holder.  This is only a 3-day Inagural cruise so we will get by.  next 2 cruises are on the Grand which is not medallion yet.  Bet we will be bummed going back to plain ole cruise cards

Oh not me...We are on the Grand in June 2020 and I am hoping for cards.  To me the medallions were not as fabulous as promised. App kept crashing on ship, took longer to load than it did for me to get up and get the paper patter. Took folks several taps sometimes to get it to register when coming/going on ship. It was stated we could just "walk by"...so lots of folks didnt even have them out to tap the first go round...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nycruiser2006 said:

We just put transparent Scotch Tape over the edges to make sure it did not come apart.

5 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

My DH just puts it loose in his pocket.  Never had a problem with losing it either.  I can't stand the way the lanyards make you look like tagged cattle.  I go with the plastic wristband.  Bought 4 iFit ones from Amazon but they didn't work quite as well as the $12 one onboard.  And BTW, they do not offer any discounts on that stuff even for Elite.  

Tagged cattle ....that's hilarious! 

On the Crown recently, I kept thinking I was at a meatcutter or mortician convention ... those cheap lanyards and plastic holders, a clear devolution from the original concept, should be regarded by Princess as a mortfying embarrassment

For the record, I kept my medallion in my pocket 

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 1