Veterans Day Sale, November 7-14 (all 4 perks for the normal price of 2)

mikkelhansen

Just now, bebe08 said:

Hi, not supposed to mention sites....so fill in the blanks lol

Starts with EXP ends with IA.  

Apologies, I wasn't aware of the rules. I just joined Cruise Critic over my frustration of the Celebrity site and their Veterans Day sale.

Appreciate everyone's comments on this topic.

16 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Hi, not supposed to mention sites....so fill in the blanks lol

Using said website makes it much easier to figure out the ACTUAL price. Thank you.

That being said, I can't figure out how much OBC I would be entitled to. I think 300, but not 100% sure. Especially when I hear people saying they're now getting 500+.

Was pricing out April 11, Caribbean on Equinox, unobstructed balcony.

44 minutes ago, oceancrusin said:

Any chance you could let me know what this Canadian version is that you're referring to? If anyone else knows this site, please let me know.

I've been trying to price out cruises using the Celebrity website with this sale to no avail. EVERY cruise I price out only shows me the 'best price' or 'best value' with 2 perks and OBC. Not once, in the probably 10-15 times I've tried to price out a cruise has it shown 4 perks. It's really starting to anger me.

I contacted Celebrity last night via chat. Explained that the site was having issues pricing out cruises properly. They mentioned that no one has complained. I asked them to raise the issue to their IT department or the website administrator. Will they, who knows. I've a very self serve type of person and having to rely on calling in, or using the chat feature is a complete waste of time. The agent on chat asked if they could price out a cruise for me. I said there's no point, are you going to sit here and price out a cruise for me over the next week if i change what I'm looking for.

So, all that to say... if you could let me know of this site that you're referring to it would save my sanity.

Thanks and much appreciated - A fellow Canuck.

Due to cruise critic rules you are not allowed to name any travel agencies but do a Google search, it will be the first one listed.

25 minutes ago, oceancrusin said:

Using said website makes it much easier to figure out the ACTUAL price. Thank you.

That being said, I can't figure out how much OBC I would be entitled to. I think 300, but not 100% sure. Especially when I hear people saying they're now getting 500+.

Was pricing out April 11, Caribbean on Equinox, unobstructed balcony.

It was 100 for the November sale plus 150 for veterans day times 2. On top of that we had 175 which will be added after final payment. Just having the gratuities added paid for most of the extra cruise fare. Forgot to mention the reduced deposit remained unchanged with this new promo. 

Finally called at 7 am and got right through.... I did get about a $300 savings on my previous no frills booking. I finally figured out the costs that showed up for the 4 perks. It is the extra fees that they charge for beverage packages. If you look at the 2 perk offer... you will see the extra fee ($14/pp/day).... then when you click on 4 perks... you will note that it is now a premium beverage package... look at the top and you will see that the charge is higher than what was there for 2 perks.. this means the 'fee' for the 'free' premium drink package is $24.50/pp/day. Now given that we seldom spend more than $400 for drinks on a cruise... you can see why drink packages make no sense for us. 

So by getting the no frills non refundable cabin in a 2C..partially obstructed cabin... our 11 day cruise total is $4975.44.... vs the same cabin at $7479.44..... that is a lot more to pay if you are not into the internet. That savings would cover a veranda cabin on a 7 night cruise.... so not chump change.

1 hour ago, kearney said:

Finally called at 7 am and got right through.... I did get about a $300 savings on my previous no frills booking. I finally figured out the costs that showed up for the 4 perks. It is the extra fees that they charge for beverage packages. If you look at the 2 perk offer... you will see the extra fee ($14/pp/day).... then when you click on 4 perks... you will note that it is now a premium beverage package... look at the top and you will see that the charge is higher than what was there for 2 perks.. this means the 'fee' for the 'free' premium drink package is $24.50/pp/day. Now given that we seldom spend more than $400 for drinks on a cruise... you can see why drink packages make no sense for us. 

So by getting the no frills non refundable cabin in a 2C..partially obstructed cabin... our 11 day cruise total is $4975.44.... vs the same cabin at $7479.44..... that is a lot more to pay if you are not into the internet. That savings would cover a veranda cabin on a 7 night cruise.... so not chump change.

It sounds like yours didn't price correctly, either.  You shouldn't have to click to get the four perks--it should show up included in the "right box" pricing.

Sale example.png

Edited by hiccups

Interesting... I tried several different browsers and they all had the 2 perks offer showing up on the right side... but when you click on it... that is when you saw a 2 perks tab and a 4 perks tab. The 2 perks tab would show the classic package fee when you selected that perk... and if you hit the 4 perk tab...they were all highlighted included 'premium' package..at the top was noted the fee for premium. I wonder why I see something different. I have tried 2 browsers... I may try on a third one that I never use... will see

Okay so I have tried multiple itineraries on Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

You can see in the first screen that the perk option mentions 2 perks... when you select that... you can see there are two options a 2 perk and a 4 perk... you can see the extra fees for classic on the one image and the 4 perk with the premium beverage on the last image. Are others in the US actually seeing 4 perks along side the 'best rate' option?

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.56.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.59.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.58.46 AM.png

Checked prices on two online sites and was able to get same info on both (gave up messing on X site).  Have 4 future cruises booked and came out significantly ahead on only one (Reflection TA, 20 Oct 2020) which I then had my TA upgrade a few minutes ago.  Very nice savings but will have to be creative to spend so much OBC (bet I can come up with something). 🤗

Some cruises aren't showing up correctly, like the screen shot you just posted.  They should come up the way mine did, with the four perks included.  If you don't see it with the four perks included, try a travel agent website, or call X or do a chat.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hiccups said:

If you don't see it with the four perks included, try a travel agent website, or call X or do a chat.

If you call, there's quite the wait. Said there's a longer than expected wait times. It said it would be about 20 minutes, I've been on hold for 55 minutes now.

15 minutes ago, kearney said:

Okay so I have tried multiple itineraries on Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

You can see in the first screen that the perk option mentions 2 perks... when you select that... you can see there are two options a 2 perk and a 4 perk... you can see the extra fees for classic on the one image and the 4 perk with the premium beverage on the last image. Are others in the US actually seeing 4 perks along side the 'best rate' option?

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.56.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.59.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.58.46 AM.png

You are NOT seeing the correct Veteran's Day Sale pricing  for your cruise.  Call them for the correct sale pricing, ask for a quote through the chat, or  use another website to obtain correct information.

And for Celebrity reps to say that no one has complained is beyond absurd.  

1 hour ago, Islander500 said:

You are NOT seeing the correct Veteran's Day Sale pricing  for your cruise.  Call them for the correct sale pricing, ask for a quote through the chat, or  use another website to obtain correct information.

I did and it matched this.... at least for basic....

1 hour ago, Islander500 said:

Why do you think it is inaccurate.... why would I see the wrong offer... how is that possible... I have checked using different computers..and different browsers... I did not ask about perks...but basic rate was what I see online...       Can someone else check March 2 Reflection 11 day cruise... cheapest veranda cabin available (at this point probably a 2)... and tell me what you see for options... does it look like the images I attached.... thanks in advance

2 hours ago, hiccups said:

It sounds like yours didn't price correctly, either.  You shouldn't have to click to get the four perks--it should show up included in the "right box" pricing.

Sale example.png

What cruise is this... I would like to test my computer... to see if it is a cruise issue or some other thing... cause this looks a lot better and I understand the enthusiasm for paying only $140/pp for 4 perks... question though... does the invoice show beverage package fee of $14 or $24.50/day/pp?

Okay anyone who is interested.... i tried the chat line.... they don't understand why... but they got different pricing than I did.... so by basic no frills fare of $4975.44... which Celebrity helped me secure earlier with no perks... is now $5415.44 with 4 perks and $500 OBC.   They could not explain why I was seeing what I was seeing... so I strongly suggest you call...or chat... chatting worked out well both fast and a good deal. The difference is less than $500... which more than covers gratuities and the OBC.  Bottom line... don't trust the website.

4 minutes ago, kearney said:

Okay anyone who is interested.... i tried the chat line.... they don't understand why... but they got different pricing than I did.... so by basic no frills fare of $4975.44... which Celebrity helped me secure earlier with no perks... is now $5415.44 with 4 perks and $500 OBC.   They could not explain why I was seeing what I was seeing... so I strongly suggest you call...or chat... chatting worked out well both fast and a good deal. The difference is less than $500... which more than covers gratuities and the OBC.  Bottom line... don't trust the website.

That’s what we’ve been trying to tell you—many cruises are not showing up correctly with the four perks included.  Glad you were able to get the promo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks.... what a mess.... now I have another future cruise that I want to move out a bit... I wish the website was more reliable.... but thanks to all...  I just wish the Royal rep who helped me on the phone had told me what I was missing....

I booked an Edge cruise for March. Concierge guarantee, 4 perks, NRD, and possibly $700+ in OBC ($300 from X + $200 from X, 10% back from TA and $100 Veterans Day OBC from TA) for less than $2,600 total. That combo of itinerary and perks has been near the $5,000 mark lately. 

• Like 1

I just repriced my cruise (Barcelona to Buenos Aires, November 2020).  Paid $440CAD more, got four perks (had two -- Classic Bev and grats).  Now I have $500USD onboard credit, grats, internet for two devices, and beverage pkg.

Question -- she said we get PREMIUM booze package, but the invoice doesn't clarify. Anybody know if the promo is for Premium?  And if so, should I follow up to make sure my receipt clarifies that?  

Thanks everyone for sharing their experiences.  I'm not sure I would have held on the phone as long if you hadn't reported some successes.

29 minutes ago, lawk said:

Why does it cost more than the basic fare to get the perks? I thought the perks were supposed to be free. 

They are included... not free 🙂 Although in the newsletter they did use the word 'free'. Personally I find this all misleading.. to put it in the most positive light. So while my first cruise... the online was wrong.... I moved a second cruise... this time they are charging the fee on the premium beverage package.... but for March they did not ... so instead of paying $1400 more for 4 perks... I am paying $440 more for two...no beverage.... I may call again later and see if I get yet another answer for my second trip.

1 minute ago, LucasLounger1 said:

I just repriced my cruise (Barcelona to Buenos Aires, November 2020).  Paid $440CAD more, got four perks (had two -- Classic Bev and grats).  Now I have $500USD onboard credit, grats, internet for two devices, and beverage pkg.

Question -- she said we get PREMIUM booze package, but the invoice doesn't clarify. Anybody know if the promo is for Premium?  And if so, should I follow up to make sure my receipt clarifies that?  

Thanks everyone for sharing their experiences.  I'm not sure I would have held on the phone as long if you hadn't reported some successes.

Yes it is the premium drink package... you are correct I can not find premium noted on the invoice...