Veterans Day Sale, November 7-14 (all 4 perks for the normal price of 2)

mikkelhansen

This is an ACTUAL sale/promotion!

Get all four perks (Sail All Included) for the normal price of two perks (Sail Plus)! Valid for almost any 2020 sailing, 4 nights or longer - but only paired with non-refundable deposit (sadly not vaild for 2021 salings, when we have a sailing booked), and for ALL stateroom types. And you ALSO receive the bonus 100$ OBC for the basic November promotion, ie. 250$ OBC per person.

I did 4-5 mock bookings for various sailings next year, and it actually gives you all four perks for the normal 140$ price increase to add two perks (excluding beverage package) for a 7-night sailing. Also, this is not a sale with inflated base prices, at least not on the five sailing is mock-booked, which al had the "normal" base prices they had weeks ago!

More info here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-deals/special-event-cruise-offer.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 1

Has not worked on the ones I tried.  I tried on the Boston to Ft Lauderdale on summit next Oct and also Various Reflection ones in Nov.  Ill try later, I noticed Celebrity always puts the info out there but website never updates at the same time on pricing.

I was looking at a January Edge sailing  and this sale is enticing. Can also be coupled with a Captains Club OBC I received last week. 

E1 with 4 perks for about $3400 for 2, with $700 OBC. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

I priced an Edge cruise for April, but didn't hold the room.  Then ten minutes later I tried to book and it said no cabins available.  I attempted to price two other Caribbean cruises, and they also show as "nothing available."  I'd thought I'd hold a room and then contact my TA, but I guess not!

8 minutes ago, hiccups said:

I priced an Edge cruise for April, but didn't hold the room.  Then ten minutes later I tried to book and it said no cabins available.  I attempted to price two other Caribbean cruises, and they also show as "nothing available."  I'd thought I'd hold a room and then contact my TA, but I guess not!

Try again in a few hours - seriously.

Whenever a new promotion launches, Celebrity's IT really struggles to keep up. Seeing that this is just the early business hours in Eastern USA, they probably haven't updated everything yet, and to avoid showing erroneously low fares (which has been seen before, eg. this promotion on the cruise-only fare), they probably just temporarily show "sold out", until that specific sailing has been updated.

EDIT: Just tried the April 12 Edge sailing (random deluxe inside stateroom), everything's fine all the way through to the final page in the booking flow. As I wrote, try again in half an hour or so.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 1

Almost booked an Edge cruise for 3/29 yesterday...price all in (4 perks) for an IV guarantee was $3250 for two.

Today,  I pulled the trigger on the same room for $2363.  OBC of either $500 or $700....seems a bit confusing on that front.  None the less, I'm happy.  

Thanks to the OP for posting this.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Has not worked on the ones I tried.  I tried on the Boston to Ft Lauderdale on summit next Oct and also Various Reflection ones in Nov.  Ill try later, I noticed Celebrity always puts the info out there but website never updates at the same time on pricing.

I looked at a couple of TA sites and that cruise has the 4 perk NRD sale listed.   Celebrity really needs to get their web site in order or go back to only 1 choice of fare.

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

Almost booked an Edge cruise for 3/29 yesterday...price all in (4 perks) for an IV guarantee was $3250 for two.

Today,  I pulled the trigger on the same room for $2363.  OBC of either $500 or $700....seems a bit confusing on that front.  None the less, I'm happy.  

Thanks to the OP for posting this.  

You're welcome! 😉 

It's not working for me either - I tried a dummy booking on my existing Alaska cruise (May 21, 2020), which is listed under the sale, but choosing the non-refundable rate gets me this, which I don't believe includes the perks:

image.png.64aef64851cce90faf4649e101561288.png

30 minutes ago, Alsmez said:

It's not working for me either - I tried a dummy booking on my existing Alaska cruise (May 21, 2020), which is listed under the sale, but choosing the non-refundable rate gets me this, which I don't believe includes the perks:

Just tried booking the same cruise. The "Offers" page definitely looks weird for that sailing, and I don't get the Veterans Day offer either. As I said to another user earlier - try again in a couple of hours, or perhaps tomorrow. The sailing is listed in the "eligible sailings", so the promotion should be active. But try again later or tomorrow. The promotion is good for a week, luckily it's not just 1-day promotion.

• Like 1

Just off the phone with them after doing mock bookings. 

March 1 Eclipse cruise around the Horn.  Added 2 more perks (OBC & Internet) so now have all four and also saved a bit over $200 off the bottom line, but deposit became N/R - which is OK - because we have air, hotel, parking, etc. already lined up.

Interesting that the B2B March 15 Santiago to San Diego leg was more $ and not worth converting to the "sale" and adding the two other perks.

Sometimes a sale really is a sale.  I'm shocked!

Looking at a booking done about 5 months ago with 2 perks, and the rates are much higher.  Summit to Canada Aug 30, 2020.

Am I missing something?  I think maybe this promo works for those looking at recent prices? or a cruise that sails soon that is not selling well?

Happy for those who get a reduction.

• Like 1

I was on the X website earlier today and noticed this.  Repriced my current cruise (03/07/19 Equinox) and was pleasantly surprised.  I went from a SV with 2 perks to a Concierge AFT with 4 perks and saved about $300.  When you add in the prepaid grats and bump to premium drink it worked out to over $600 saved. 

I went from a refundable deposit to a non-refundable but given my final payment date is less than a month away that wasn't a concern.  Could have saved a few more $ by sticking with the SV cabin but thought I'd take advantage of the sale to move up.

Nice to see an actual sale for a change.

20 minutes ago, RickT said:

I was on the X website earlier today and noticed this.  Repriced my current cruise (03/07/19 Equinox) and was pleasantly surprised.  I went from a SV with 2 perks to a Concierge AFT with 4 perks and saved about $300.  When you add in the prepaid grats and bump to premium drink it worked out to over $600 saved. 

I went from a refundable deposit to a non-refundable but given my final payment date is less than a month away that wasn't a concern.  Could have saved a few more $ by sticking with the SV cabin but thought I'd take advantage of the sale to move up.

Nice to see an actual sale for a change.

I thought the fine print said it was limited to new bookings only?

5 minutes ago, bhughey said:

I thought the fine print said it was limited to new bookings only?

Perhaps but I was allowed to cancel my earlier booking (prior to the final payment date) and then rebooked it.  Did this direct with Celebrity and no issues.

2 minutes ago, RickT said:

Perhaps but I was allowed to cancel my earlier booking (prior to the final payment date) and then rebooked it.  Did this direct with Celebrity and no issues.

Ah gotcha!

So far, for all the desired itineraries I've researched, I'm not getting the 4 perks options, even though the little gold hexagon box on the literary listed says "4 perks included".

Checked out the sale pricing on the Apex for Thanksgiving 2020.  Great deal for 2 passengers, but when adding a 3rd and 4th for our kids, it is not so great.  Base price for 3 & 4 is higher than base for 1 & 2, granted it is 50% off the 3rd and 4th, but still over $1k each with port fees for third and 4th guest.

So we literally booked a few days ago and now our cruise far of 2 is more than $1000 cheaper. We booked with a travel agent that is unfortunately out of the office today for medical reasons. 

Will Celebrity deal with me if I call? I've been sitting on hold waiting for 45 minutes and I have a feeling they will say they can't assist us since we booked with a TA?

Any advice? For us, that is a considerable savings.

3 minutes ago, LSKC said:

Will Celebrity deal with me if I call? I've been sitting on hold waiting for 45 minutes and I have a feeling they will say they can't assist us since we booked with a TA?

No, you must change anything via your TA. But you got a whole week to get it fixed, although, of course, the fare may increase at any time. But Celebrity won't/can't help you on a TA-booked reservation.

1 minute ago, mikkelhansen said:

No, you must change anything via your TA. But you got a whole week to get it fixed, although, of course, the fare may increase at any time. But Celebrity won't/can't help you on a TA-booked reservation.

will they honour a screen-capture/screen shot of the price since our Travel agent can't call til tomorrow? 

and will they make us cancel and re-book to honour the better price? asking b/c i noticed select and early dining is gone and i know our travel-mates will not do late dining.

5 minutes ago, LSKC said:

will they honour a screen-capture/screen shot of the price since our Travel agent can't call til tomorrow? 

and will they make us cancel and re-book to honour the better price? asking b/c i noticed select and early dining is gone and i know our travel-mates will not do late dining.

No they won't honor a screen shot.  Place a 24 hr hold on the reservation until you can get hold of your TA.  If the hold is running out before you can get to your TA then call and ask for an extension.  When you can get to your TA give them the reservation number of the held room and have them sort it out.

3 minutes ago, LSKC said:

I've made multiple changes to my non-refundable reservation to match the current best available rate and haven't had to cancel or re-book. That said, I booked directly through Celebrity and they've made these changes very easy so I'm not sure what the process would be with a TA.

I'm nearing an hour on hold with X right now to apply savings from this sale... If all goes well, I'll see a $675 price reduction based on today's rates. Fingers crossed. My final payment is due Monday. 

• Like 1