Veterans Day Sale, November 7-14 (all 4 perks for the normal price of 2)

mikkelhansen

Thanks, but we do mock bookings all the time.  We went right through and saw the "correct" pricing screen - over $2000. more than our original booking cost.  The only pre-booked people that will benefit are the ones that overpaid in the first place.

No savings here.  It's a constant irritation that Celebrity promotes this as a freebie(s). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hiccups said:

This is another cruise that doesn't appear to be pricing correctly--the "Best Value" option only shows two perks instead of four when I do a mock booking.

I was never able to get the sale pricing to come up online with this cruise - I had to contact my TA to find out whether this one was eligible and what the actual cost of a non-refundable fare plus 4 perks for the price of two would be. However, the "Best Value" option is not what you should be looking at if you are trying to take advantage of this sale - the sale applies to the "Best Rate" (non-refundable) fare.

25 minutes ago, zook50 said:

We checked one of our upcoming booked cruises (Apex, October 22, 2020), and it would cost us over $2000. more to get the "all 4 perks deal".  LOL - not a deal and certainly not free, as some people still insist on using as a label for perks!

Where did you check?  As people keep repeating and repeating, you CANNOT rely on the X website for prices right now.  I checked a C3 with 4 perks for the Apex 22 Oct 2020 Transatlantic on the Celebrity website.  Price for 2 is $8918.  On a travel website indirectly mentioned earlier on this thread, the fare for the same cabin with 4 perks is $6826.  That's nearly $2100 less.  Since you specifically mentioned "over $2000," unless your fare is a lot less, you might want to check further.

5 minutes ago, Alsmez said:

I was never able to get the sale pricing to come up online with this cruise - I had to contact my TA to find out whether this one was eligible and what the actual cost of a non-refundable fare plus 4 perks for the price of two would be. However, the "Best Value" option is not what you should be looking at if you are trying to take advantage of this sale - the sale applies to the "Best Rate" (non-refundable) fare.

On my screen, the price with four perks shows as what I posted in #107, which is "Best Value."  I don't think it matters what we call it, just that if you want the price with four perks, make sure the box says four perks  🙂 

2 minutes ago, hiccups said:

On my screen, the price with four perks shows as what I posted in #107, which is "Best Value."  I don't think it matters what we call it, just that if you want the price with four perks, make sure the box says four perks  🙂 

Hiccups, does that 4-perks "Best Value" fare include a refundable deposit? Because normally, "Best Value" fares are refundable no matter how many perks you buy. The Veteran's Day sale is supposed to apply only to non-refundable fares, which are normally shown on the "Best Rate" portion of the screen. I am just wondering if there is another, lower price available for the cruise in question involving all four perks and a non-refundable fare (a price you might have to call X or your TA to discover).

Pricing is all over the place for sure....Edge IV Cabin I booked last Thursday at $2363 for two with all 4 perks....is now today pricing out at just over $4300....My Son showed some interesting in going along, he won't be interested at that price.  

8 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Pricing is all over the place for sure....Edge IV Cabin I booked last Thursday at $2363 for two with all 4 perks....is now today pricing out at just over $4300....My Son showed some interesting in going along, he won't be interested at that price.  

Did you check a TA website?  The price shouldn't have changed under this promotion.

43 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

Where did you check?  As people keep repeating and repeating, you CANNOT rely on the X website for prices right now.  I checked a C3 with 4 perks for the Apex 22 Oct 2020 Transatlantic on the Celebrity website.  Price for 2 is $8918.  On a travel website indirectly mentioned earlier on this thread, the fare for the same cabin with 4 perks is $6826.  That's nearly $2100 less.  Since you specifically mentioned "over $2000," unless your fare is a lot less, you might want to check further.

To make this clearer:

C3 cabin, Apex, 22 Oct 2020 TA

X website 

8918 4 perks

6266 no perks

Travel website (post #101)

6826 4 perks

6266 no perks

The Celebrity website isn't reliable for comparing prices right now.  To check prices much less painfully, check them elsewhere, then book/change with X via phone or chat.

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

The price last week at $2363 is for category E4 (deck 6 mainly, and more towards aft or front). Those are all sold out Remaining inventory is E2 or higher (mid ship, higher decks), and the price of these are a lot higher. I learned that through my TA. 

20 minutes ago, Joeghartman said:

Do they frequently run this promo. I’m looking to book shortly, just not right now.

I am wondering the same thing...

I can tell you that we booked around six months out last cruise and saw around 5 price drops probably totalling $700 savings PLUS received one free perk. 

We have booked another cruise one year out now, with a refundable deposit, and would love to go for this new promo, but just can’t do it. I think that it’s just too far out and anything could change. 

But to repeat what Joeghartman asked..do they frequently run this promo?

• Like 1

We booked about a year out and since then it have had three price drops. We had a refundable deposit so it was no problem. We decided to bite the bullet with the non-refundable today since we only put a total of 200 down as a deposit when we booked on board. We are almost at final payment and are happy with our price.  I will stop looking now and try to think of ways to spend my OBC. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joeghartman said:

Do they frequently run this promo. I’m looking to book shortly, just not right now.

I think it was offered during the first three days in August, but prior to that, I'm not sure when it had been last offered fleet-wide.  We booked a June 2019 cruise on Equinox back in October 2018 because X offered four perks on Equinox.

• Like 2

Thanks to all who posted, I rang my TA.

Equinox, 2nd Feb 7 nights, 2nd leg of a B2B & past final booking.  Booked refundable fare, Cat 2B with 4 perks & additional generous OBC from TA around 7 months ago under one of the TAs big sales.

Soon as Veterans Sale appeared, checked online for a Cat. 1B (want to move to same cabin we have on the prior cruise) but $1,000 more than we paid.  Seeing this & other threads, checked again next day with TA, she sees $600 more but acknowledged IT issues at X. She put the cabin on hold.

Next day, TA called, she sees now that the 2B cabin we have is couple hundred LESS than the 1B. Although past final payment, she had called X who asked if we would change to NRD & then X would comp the upgrade😁.   So, we end up happy, no change to perks or TA OBC & now in the same cabin for both cruises.

I've been watching a Mediterranean cruise for quite some time and this was about $400 less than I've seen it previously and included all the perks with a bigger OBC. It was a deal, so I booked it, though wish the deposit was refundable.  Oh well, I guess we're going for sure now LOL. I ended up booking through my goto travel site so also got a big cash card. I had a different, less desirable, cruise booked with a refundable deposit.

ETA:  I saw the same pricing on Celebrity's website and the travel site.

Edited by Hllb

Another way you can tell if you are getting the sale is that you will see something like 4PERKS..NRD in the price summary.  The sale only applies to non refundable deposits.

I believe this is a strategy to get us all to accept non refundable deposits.  Remember when perks were really free....   They convinced us that we couldn't sail without them now we pay dearly.   I suspect not long in the future you will be paying dearly for refundable deposits.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, seapad said:

The price last week at $2363 is for category E4 (deck 6 mainly, and more towards aft or front). Those are all sold out Remaining inventory is E2 or higher (mid ship, higher decks), and the price of these are a lot higher. I learned that through my TA. 

Seems so, mine is a Guarantee IV...I figure it was worth a shot at that price for all the perks..mainly just wanted to get on the Edge to see what it’s all about. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

11 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Another way you can tell if you are getting the sale is that you will see something like 4PERKS..NRD in the price summary.  The sale only applies to non refundable deposits.

I believe this is a strategy to get us all to accept non refundable deposits.  Remember when perks were really free....   They convinced us that we couldn't sail without them now we pay dearly.   I suspect not long in the future you will be paying dearly for refundable deposits.

On my May 30th Apex sailing to the Mediterranean the refundable deposit was several hundred more than the NR. I guess one could cancel and rebook prior to final payment but you're taking a chance on a price increase.

Just booked a new cruise and upgraded another cruise past final payment to be eligible for the sale. The Celebrity website is simply not pricing the Veteran's Sale correctly in most cruises which qualify. I know it makes no sense but it's true.

Take the time to call them; it's not a bad wait time today. You will find out that the pricing you're seeing on-line in most instances is incorrect.

Best!