Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

4 hours ago, 1965 said:

One of my favorite medallion features is the ability to locate my DH anywhere on the ship. I used the big screen. 

17 minutes ago, memoak said:

It would be a good thing unless the husband is with someone other than his wife. 😂 

Still a good thing in my opinion. Let the SOB get what's coming to him.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, memoak said:

It would be a good thing unless the husband is with someone other than his wife. 😂 

Lol. My DH is a great guy. We've been married 54 yrs.  However, he is 76, bald & toothless. If he manages to catch the eye of another woman, I'll buy them both a drink. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I have the Ocean Medallion App loaded & I have gone to “Ocean Medallion & Accessories “.  When I try & go to accessories the app shuts off  My cruise is in October 2021. When I go into Ocean Ready pass it says that both my Cruise Personalizer & OceanReady is incomplete. 

Has anyone experienced this & what did you do?  I’ve tried it on both my IPhone & IPad with the same results. 

Tom😀

Tom,  when you open your ocean ready app there should be two green checkmarks next to your picture.  I have been on two medallion cruises and I love it.  It is so easy to use.  What specific question did you have for the medallion app?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

I have the Ocean Medallion App loaded & I have gone to “Ocean Medallion & Accessories “.  When I try & go to accessories the app shuts off  My cruise is in October 2021. When I go into Ocean Ready pass it says that both my Cruise Personalizer & OceanReady is incomplete. 

Has anyone experienced this & what did you do?  I’ve tried it on both my IPhone & IPad with the same results. 

Tom😀

Tom, the exact same thing has been happening to me - I enter my shipping address, then at the next screen I get booted out of the app. My cruise isn’t until 2022, so I don’t think I could actually order my medallion yet, but getting bumped out of the app is annoying. 

3 hours ago, 1965 said:

Lol. My DH is a great guy. We've been married 54 yrs.  However, he is 76, bald & toothless. If he manages to catch the eye of another woman, I'll buy them both a drink. 😂

Come May 6 we will be married for 49 years. We "went together" for 2 years prior to getting married. If my wife finds me deep in conversation with another women she would simply join in as she knows very well I don't stray. I like it that I've never even been tempted. It helps to marry the right person. 😍

Like some others here, the ability for her to locate me or for me to locate her sounds to me like a great feature. It will save me going clear across the ship to catch up with her at Knitters and Natters only to find out we crossed paths along the way and she had just left and was coming to get me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Tom,  when you open your ocean ready app there should be two green checkmarks next to your picture.  I have been on two medallion cruises and I love it.  It is so easy to use.  What specific question did you have for the medallion app?

I have only one checkmark. When I went to OceanMedallion & Accessories & go to step 2, Choose Accessories, a screen pops up briefly & then the whole app disappears. I wanted to know why this is happening. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

1 hour ago, Mo Jito said:

Tom, the exact same thing has been happening to me - I enter my shipping address, then at the next screen I get booted out of the app. My cruise isn’t until 2022, so I don’t think I could actually order my medallion yet, but getting bumped out of the app is annoying. 

To my understanding the next screen is to order any accessories. I’m not aware that we actually order the medallion that it comes to us a few weeks before the cruise. I just wanted to see what accessories we’re available & the costs. 

Tom😀

So when you open the app you have one checkmark by your name;  then you click on the big ocean medallion and accessories and it asks for your address and has your phone number.  then you go to next page and it says your medallion will be mailed to your home address;  then you click next and the app crashes.  Is this correct?  Mine crashes too;  however,  all my info is correct I have the green checkmark.  When I have arrived at the port I show the port security and Princess rep the green checkmark and they know I have checked in thru the app

To all who have encountered.  The medallions will not be shipped to your address until min 30 days prior to your cruise;  nothing will happen until after final pmt.  You can get everything ready in the app but you still have to wait.  Tom.  Not sure about ordering accessories;  I was sent swag from Princess when they started the program;  so I didn't need any accessories.  Hope this helps

On 1/31/2021 at 3:55 PM, AF-1 said:

What does it mean if there’s only one green checkmark next to your name?

Tom🤔

Tom,  I mean there should be one next to each person on the cruise. Also you can't be totally ocean ready until after final pmt.  If you make final pmt prior to 90 days then you can get ocean ready.  

On 2/3/2021 at 12:52 AM, trbarton said:

What does it mean if there’s only one green checkmark next to your name?

Tom🤔

The green checkmark by your name means you have completed all the requirements for check in and will have medallion shipped after final pmt.  You will not receive your medallion before 30 days prior.  My last cruise it arrived two weeks before we sailed. 

Edited by AF-1

My medallian app is still showing a Crown TA cruise cancelled months & months ago. There have been several cruises booked & cancelled since that one. We now have an Enchanted TA booked. Will this correct itself? Thanks. 

1965 and Tom;  to answer your questions as best I can.  The app will correct itself with regards to adding and deleting cruises;  Tom the app has a lot of bugs in it.  Not sure how much attention the IT dept or what ever third party Princess hired to run the app;  but since it's inception two years ago it is a crap shot.  sometimes it works great and other times it doesn't.  Since Princess is not currently sailing;  they may not be giving the app a lot of attention. 

14 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

1965 and Tom;  to answer your questions as best I can.  The app will correct itself with regards to adding and deleting cruises;  Tom the app has a lot of bugs in it.  Not sure how much attention the IT dept or what ever third party Princess hired to run the app;  but since it's inception two years ago it is a crap shot.  sometimes it works great and other times it doesn't.  Since Princess is not currently sailing;  they may not be giving the app a lot of attention. 

Thanks for the info. ♡

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 11:35 AM, trbarton said:

When trying to look at accessories the app stops. Anyone have this experience?  Is it because I haven’t made final payment?

Thanks!

Tom😀

As we are going to be first time cruisers, I know almost nothing. 😀

However, I know it's not because you haven't made final payment. I've made final payment, and I'm getting the same behavior.

• 2 weeks later...