Ocean Medallion Questions - Part 2

LauraS

1 hour ago, CruiseVA said:

It does, I got one last week & posted a photo here of a Medallion in it. Not Apple's - it was a leather keychain holder, it fit perfectly.

Thanks I found your photo. 

Tom😀

7 hours ago, trbarton said:

Thanks I found your photo. 

Tom😀

Great, I've some more holders coming this week, I'll some pics when they come, I should have some AirTag's too so I'll do a side by side of them with a Medallion.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

It does, I got one last week & posted a photo here of a Medallion in it. Not Apple's - it was a leather keychain holder, it fit perfectly.

I do not understand why one would want to put the medallion in a key chain holder?

29 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I do not understand why one would want to put the medallion in a key chain holder?

to be able to find it easier when you need it ??

we bought 'clips' ( amazon, of course ) - knock of fit-bit clips - that 'clipped' to a shirt collar, shirt pocket, etc - if I had to take mine off, it usually ended up in my pocket, and it there it was easier for me to grasp the OM in the clip , than just the OM itself

and of course, we/she had to get 2 packs of 4 - 8 total, 7 different colors to coordinate with what we were wearing at the time ... now, potentially add in masks to the ensemble ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I don't get this desire to cruise with Princess, then save a couple of quid (a few dollars) on some knocked off copy of a fit-bit clip or airtag. 

Far more stylish to get the correct item Imho.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Barry ATL said:

If I have the OM clipped to my shirt, is there ever a need to remove it?  Meaning, to get it closer to a reader or something?  

It may be a good idea to remove it before sending the shirt to the laundry.😉

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Barry ATL said:

If I have the OM clipped to my shirt, is there ever a need to remove it?  Meaning, to get it closer to a reader or something?  

yes - closer to the reader

1 hour ago, Barry ATL said:

Hmmm, I wonder how many drinks you could buy just walking past a bar?  Or even just sitting at the bar.  I'll be looking for someone with a clip on their shirt.

48 minutes ago, voljeep said:

yes - closer to the reader

I asked the question because I saw in new video they put out Monday, the "clerk" just pointed the reader at the person and it picked up the needed information.  So, I wondered if there was a need to ever remove the OM and move it closer to a reader.

We are researching the correct holder for the OM.  So, if it needs to be moved closer to the reader, we are thinking a reel type device.

13 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

I asked the question because I saw in new video they put out Monday, the "clerk" just pointed the reader at the person and it picked up the needed information.  So, I wondered if there was a need to ever remove the OM and move it closer to a reader.

We are researching the correct holder for the OM.  So, if it needs to be moved closer to the reader, we are thinking a reel type device.

Sounds like a question you should ask Princess Cruises directly, oh hang on that won't work as they either don't answer of they do, they don't know the answer. 

17 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

Our on board experience was that at times you had to place the medallion up against the circle on the reader. This happened much of the time at the International Cafe specialty coffee location. Each time we exited and entered the ship we had to place the medallion against the reader screen similar to the way that cruise cards were scanned on/off the ship.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 11:17 AM, voljeep said:

to be able to find it easier when you need it ??

we bought 'clips' ( amazon, of course ) - knock of fit-bit clips - that 'clipped' to a shirt collar, shirt pocket, etc - if I had to take mine off, it usually ended up in my pocket, and it there it was easier for me to grasp the OM in the clip , than just the OM itself

and of course, we/she had to get 2 packs of 4 - 8 total, 7 different colors to coordinate with what we were wearing at the time ... now, potentially add in masks to the ensemble ...

The ones sold on ebay are super easy to remove the medallion. You just squeeze it and it pops off. Guess if you want to dig it out of your pocket. The key ring is a fine idea.

20 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Hmmm, I wonder how many drinks you could buy just walking past a bar?  Or even just sitting at the bar.  I'll be looking for someone with a clip on their shirt.

You need to place it on the reader. Walking by does nothing. I just replied to a different thread. The one I purchased on eBay and all that that person sells weather it is a pin on or pendant. All you need to do to remove it is squeeze it and it is removed form the holder. Also inexpensive. They are no $50.00 holders as sold on the ship. But for the price. They are really nice. My wife got the gun metal color one with the rhinestones surrounding the medallion. I got the simple invisible ring. They are held on by the medallions strong magnets. Tried knocking it off and it will not come off. Need to squeeze it to remove it.

21 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

If this is a real question then the answer is none. The server's tablet/screen shows those within range and includes the photo. Thus the server can match the order to the customer.

• Like 1

Anyone else notice a change in the MedallionClass app?

The progress bar has gone and the buttons that were filled (completed) are now empty making it look like I need to add information but all sections are complete.

MX-Drew;  I find the app to still have bugs.  One day everything looks good for my cruise;  then a few days later it looks like I am missing some documentation.  Since I don't sail until next year;  I will just wait until my cruise is a little closer to pay more attention.  Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Edited by AF-1

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

MX-Drew;  I find the app to still have bugs.  One day everything looks good for my cruise;  then a few days later it looks like I am missing some documentation.  Since I don't sail until next year;  I will just wait until my cruise is a little closer to pay more attention.  Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Whilst it may be a little early, it is my first time with Princess and like to get things sorted. It does not help have 4 other cruises and 2 land based holidays lined up so thinking one is sorted and ticking along nicely only to find or think I have found I'm back to the beginning. 

Frustrating is a word that comes to mind.

3 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Whilst it may be a little early, it is my first time with Princess and like to get things sorted. It does not help have 4 other cruises and 2 land based holidays lined up so thinking one is sorted and ticking along nicely only to find or think I have found I'm back to the beginning. 

Frustrating is a word that comes to mind.

Yea,  I get the frustrating part.  But on a sunny note;  I loved using my medallion on my last cruise.  Ordering drinks, and food;  not having to get out seapass to purchase things in gift shop.  The best function for my wife and I was the locater service.  A few times I would be in a bar listening to jazz bands and my wife would show up.  She used the medallion to track me down. Some people may think that is a bad thing.  Good luck

I have everything loaded on my app just not sure if picking your arriving time is only available after you’ve made your final payment. What have been other person’s experience?

Tom😀

Folks, I don't plan on using a keychain holder, I posted the pic because the holder was for an Apple AirTag, a sort of 'proof of concept' to show that AirTag accessories might work with the Medallion. Geez. FYI - it's not 'chanting' out on a holder for the Medallion, it's more options - in actuality you will find that many of the AirTag holders are way more. 'glamorous' & expensive than the one's that Princess sells - heck you can spend $700 for a leather holder for an AirTag.  There are also holders that clip with a carabiner, which might actually be handy, clip it to your belt loop, etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Folks, I don't plan on using a keychain holder, I posted the pic because the holder was for an Apple AirTag, a sort of 'proof of concept' to show that AirTag accessories might work with the Medallion. Geez. FYI - it's not 'chanting' out on a holder for the Medallion, it's more options - in actuality you will find that many of the AirTag holders are way more. 'glamorous' & expensive than the one's that Princess sells - heck you can spend $700 for a leather holder for an AirTag.  There are also holders that clip with a carabiner, which might actually be handy, clip it to your belt loop, etc.

I already mentioned what I purchased. You can spend as lot or a little. I chose a little. many available on eBay for the medallion. I got mine for $9.95 called the invisible, comes with a sterling neckless of which you can choose different lengths and free shipping. Got my wife the one that has rhinestones surrounding the medallion with the sterling neckless and free shipping for $19.95 that is the most expensive one they sell. They also have stainless steel ones. One that is a pin on. So their is no need to spend a lot on these. I attached two pictures. Mine and my wife's The medallion cover the ring so all you see is the medallion. Squeeze the edge and the medallion comes right off.

Pendant rhynestone silver front.jpg

Bezel circle metalic silver.JPG

• Like 1

thanks for the tips on OM cases;  I plan on buy something online that I can clip onto my shirt or belt.  No rush since I doubt my current cruise will sail in October.  

couple more pics - AirTag & Medallion side by side, the AirTag is a bit wider & thicker. This holder is by Caseology, carabiner clip may be handy (this is for my dog!). I'd say they're pretty much interchangeable...

IMG_0674.jpeg

IMG_0686.jpeg

Edited by CruiseVA