What are Elite benefits REALLY worth (to me?)

the_dylaness

8 hours ago, DYKWIA said:

Elite after just 4 or 5 cruises - indicates that it can be easy to get to this status, hence it isn't really Elite - you're one of many, and therefore the perksmay well be thin on the ground.

Actually it is not that easy if not sailing in Suites.  We were almost elite when they changed the calculations.  Took another cruise or 2 to get there and we do long cruises in mostly Concierge.  We will be Elite+ after our next cruise in December.  

• Like 1

The Elite cocktail hour is very significant, it offers a meeting place (if you choose) for other elite cruisers and if not to your liking you can drink elsewhere.  The savings can be significant, on a recent 14 day cruise I would estimate the benefit to be in excess of$500.  Of course a heavy drinker would increase this amount.

i dont have the beverage package.

i like the smoothies for the Elite breakfast.

Is there a difference in the Elite breakfast between the Summit (only cruise as Elite so far) and Silhouette (next cruise)?

free laundry and 90 min internet are the only other  features i used.

what's this Captain's Club coffee lounge??

also, can the Capt Club host get me a reservation to the 30% discount to the Lawn Grill buffet on embarkation day? (it's sold out for pre-booking)

I think it all depends on whether you typically get a beverage package or not.  We always have the premium package so our Elite+ status doesn’t come into play other than internet minutes.  We  have to get unlimited internet because my husband needs to work some so even that doesn’t help us.  The free laundry and pressing perks are the only ones that make a difference to us.  We have also enjoyed meeting people during the Elite cocktail hour.  

13 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

i dont have the beverage package.

i like the smoothies for the Elite breakfast.

Is there a difference in the Elite breakfast between the Summit (only cruise as Elite so far) and Silhouette (next cruise)?

free laundry and 90 min internet are the only other  features i used.

what's this Captain's Club coffee lounge??

also, can the Capt Club host get me a reservation to the 30% discount to the Lawn Grill buffet on embarkation day? (it's sold out for pre-booking)

Sometimes the Elite breakfast is buffet style. Other times it's all plated with a menu. This could be pure coincidence, but from memory, Silhouette (S class) was buffet while the M class ships, Summit and Connie had the menu.

I'm not sure if this is a regular difference between M and S class though. Or if it relates to the numbers of Elite and above on an individual sailing which is more likely. 

18 hours ago, villauk said:

Agree, same for us: sailed another line without any status.

I have been more amazed to read posts in the past saying that they would love to try itineraries on another line but don’t because of not having any status 😯. Can’t think why one would restrict themselves from seeing other parts of the world just because of not getting free laundry or minutes of free internet.

We're on the same page. People can also miss out out on great deals if they restrict themselves to one line. It seems strange to me too. 

I also find it slightly ironic that the loyalty program is of limited use to those in suites who accrue the most CC points. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Blazerboy said:

Well, I really liked the personally engraved drinking glasses...and the caviar and Dom Perignon service at 6:00 every evening.  🍾🥃🥂

The personal secretary to type up my cruise musing was only so-so...she could only type 70 words per minute, and my creative genius needs a much quicker response.  🤔

I found the tuck-in service from the Captain a little creepy, though.  For me, perhaps because it was Captain Kate...still in her costume. Send one of the tall Greeks next time, and I might change my mind.  😁

The golf cart for getting from one end of the ship to the other was nice.  But I was never really able to get going very fast in the Ski-doo in the spa pool. Sad.🙄

The free convertible upon arrival home was a nice touch...but why so chintzy?  A Mercedes?  Like having to travel steerage.  I gave it to the upstairs maid.😎

As I'm quadruple Zenith, I think the program needs work.😉

I agree that you should be getting a lot more as a Z4!  With that many cruises you must be an officer!  I would think they should at least put your name on a lifeboat!:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NCHPcruiser said:

I think it all depends on whether you typically get a beverage package or not.  We always have the premium package so our Elite+ status doesn’t come into play other than internet minutes.  We  have to get unlimited internet because my husband needs to work some so even that doesn’t help us.  The free laundry and pressing perks are the only ones that make a difference to us.  We have also enjoyed meeting people during the Elite cocktail hour.  

Also if you tend to sail suites the Elite or Elite+ benefits are not very useful.  You do get more nightly loyalty points for suites contributing to your level but in reality after Elite status it is not very valuable at all compared to the suite benefits.  There are those that make Zenith but really hard to achieve.  So for many people laundry is a good additional benefit.

On 11/18/2019 at 9:47 PM, helen haywood said:

The laundry perk and internet minutes are the most useful ones to us.  Keep in mind that when the loyalty program was started it was before so many people had a beverage package as a perk so the Captains Club Happy Hour(s) was really really nice.  Even now, if you book a transatlantic or repositioning cruise or a senior or resident price without any perks the CCHH is a great benefit.  

I became Elite on my last cruise

Loved the CCHH. Same people there every night sitting in the same seats in the Sky Lounge. Ended up doing a shore excursion with one of the couples I chatted with. Met so many nice people. So enjoyable. 

On 11/18/2019 at 11:10 PM, rugerdog said:

The item I like is the day pass to Persian Gardens.  Since you're not in Aqua, you might enjoy that.

Also, having a private departure lounge is nice if you have a late time for disembarkation.  You need to be out of your room by 0800, so it's good to have a place to sit and have coffee that's not quite so noisy and crowded as some of the public areas.

Does this apply to the Edge as well? I thought I had read something a while ago that said the one day spa pass did not apply to Edge.

7 minutes ago, alishac said:

Does this apply to the Edge as well? I thought I had read something a while ago that said the one day spa pass did not apply to Edge.

I'm curious to find out also. I'll be on the Apex in May and a day pass would be heaven. Never done anything like that before 

27 minutes ago, alishac said:

You are correct according to Celebrity's website (now that is scary) for CC benefits. The complimentary access to Persian Gardens (on one port day of your choice while on the ship is in port). Applies to Solstice and Millennium class ships only. 

12 minutes ago, katrina915 said:

I don't drink but I like the cocktail hour and I really like that my cabin mate can come if they are not Elite (Royal doesn't allow this).

I like the elegant tea and laundry.

I heard the specialty coffees and location of breakfasts are good.

whats elegant tea?

what specialty coffees as elite?

(my last cruise was on summit and 1st time as Elite and never heard of these 2 benefits)

7 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

whats elegant tea?

(my last cruise was on summit and 1st time as Elite and never heard of these 2 benefits)

The Elegant Tea party  is usually held in the MDR. Elite and above members are invited. Sandwiches, cakes and tea are served there. It's once per cruise. The details will be found in your stateroom as to its time and location when you embark. 

I believe only Elite + and above qualify for a limited selection of free teas and coffees. I assume the poster is referring to this. 

17 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

whats elegant tea?

It would have been listed in your elite letter you received in your stateroom. On the Summit it was held in the Trellis restaurant (MDR). We've never gone as we don't like tea and I don't drink coffee. My understanding is you have a selection of teas served table side. They serve small appetizer sized sandwiches along with a medley of desserts. 

Edited by davekathy

2 minutes ago, Mynki said:

The Elegant Tea party  is usually held in the MDR. Elite and above members are invited. Sandwiches, cakes and tea are served there. It's once per cruise. The details will be found in your stateroom as to its time and location when you embark. 

I believe only Elite + and above qualify for a limited selection of free teas and coffees. I assume the poster is referring to this. 

Nope. We're only elite and it's for elites and above. 

26 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

whats elegant tea?

The elegant tea is once a sailing. Should be in the letter you get. Specialty coffees are available for Elite at the Elite and above breakfast lounge when it is open. Elite Plus gets specialty coffee everywhere. 

Edited by Charles4515

13 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Nope. We're only elite and it's for elites and above. 

Nope. You're referring to the Elegant Tea event. I'm referring to the Captains Club benefits of free beverages around the ship. You won't find free tea, latte, cappucinno and espresso listed on the Elite benefits page.  

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/captains-club/elite-plus/

Edited by Mynki