Carnival Magic - LIVE - Dec 1-6 - FLL - Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Saint Greg

On 12/1/2019 at 4:58 PM, blarko said:

So let me see if I understand this......They got rid of the plastic straws in favor of those sugar things, yet said sugar straws are wrapped in plastic?

They are wrapped in paper.  That doesn't make them any less gross to use though.

17 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Haven’t heard. If that’s the case I believe I’ll get a refund in the difference between 27 and 12. But had I known earlier I would’ve just canceled...used some of my OBC on a different carnival excursion and tried the waterfalls next year.

Mama Iguana.  SHe gets to most all the falls.  Carnival has yet to hit all the falls.     Most times its only half 

28 minutes ago, serene56 said:

could you post a menu.  I need to see how much coffee costs 

I think I paid $1.95 for just a regular coffee there. And make sure you ask for a coffee punch card. After 6 coffees you get one free. I went through 2 of those cards on the Breeze in March. Love the coffee bar, my go-to spot every morning and afternoon. 

• Like 1

Just now, grandmarnnurse said:

I think I paid $1.95 for just a regular coffee there. And make sure you ask for a coffee punch card. After 6 coffees you get one free. I went through 2 of those cards on the Breeze in March. Love the coffee bar, my go-to spot every morning and afternoon. 

@Saint Greg @grandmarnnurse or anyone else... do you know if the coffee shop serves the same coffee (regular) on all ships? I had it on Vista and it was great (not too Starbucks-like!) and I'm hoping it's the same fleetwide...

6 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

wow   I didnt know.    cruising in Jan #32   and just never knew that.   THought only specialty coffees

Hello Greg, My first post to you, but wanted you to know how much I've enjoyed your live reviews.  

Also, I can't remember if you already posted or not.  But I am looking for a picture of the Cabin Door Hanger for the Continental breakfast you put out at night for delivery in the morning.  If not to much trouble could you please post a pic for me.  Thanks in advance.

Happy cruising, keep up the fantastic reviews!!!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PekingeseLady said:

Hello Greg, My first post to you, but wanted you to know how much I've enjoyed your live reviews.  

Also, I can't remember if you already posted or not.  But I am looking for a picture of the Cabin Door Hanger for the Continental breakfast you put out at night for delivery in the morning.  If not to much trouble could you please post a pic for me.  Thanks in advance.

Happy cruising, keep up the fantastic reviews!!!

5BFDC269-7B27-4ABC-BEE9-FC2EDBE40189.jpeg

• Thanks 1

I started heading to the back of the ship with my coffee. I saw a guy going down the elevator with a backpack. I asked if they were letting people off of the ship yet. He said not yet. So I headed down to the MDR to grab an avocado toast before heading out.

7BCE220B-62DB-4ED8-B2EC-CAEA9A8CD76D.jpeg

• Like 1

After that I headed down a crew member back near my room had told me we get off on the back of the boat.

I get on a down elevator with others heading off the ship. Zero button can’t be pressed. I tell them this can’t be it. Someone says press 1. I tell them we can’t get off deck one. They hit 1 anyway. Surprise, deck one doesn’t take you off the ship. They say something about going up to deck 5. I just take off for the midship and take the stairs down to 0 to get off of the ship.

It’s quite a hike from the ship to iguana mama. I get there and I’m notified they are only doing 12 waterfalls and will only refund me $10 for that. I’m not a fan of that. First off I only booked this company because they do all 27. It cost $90. I could’ve gotten 12 for $60 with other companies. Or booked less waterfalls with carnival and gotten the $33 OBC price match. But really I know if I do this tour I’m going to have to pay to do it again on a future cruise to see all of the waterfalls. I ask if a full refund is possible. They say it is. I’m iffy on trusting this guy. He makes a phone call and says he verified it. Thank you iguana mama we’ll try it again another time.

C3FDE87A-19F8-4959-965F-45972A772881.jpeg

I start walking back thinking I’ll either return to the ship to see if they have a later excursion I can do or try the excursion desk off if the ship.

I get stopped by a guy who offers to take me on a tour. $40 for the day he says. I decide to go with it instead of walking all the way back.