Best Sale Ever Starts December 11th

azbirdmom

Last night the TA Retro info page was updated to include an upsell price for sip and sail bookings, $25 pp pd for adding grats and WiFi. Kind of a ho-hum since that is essentially the buy-it-yourself price.  But it’s gone this morning, although I do have a screenshot of it:

E9D1A083-DAD4-4922-9A9F-13C3FCE267CC.jpeg

• Like 1

This isn't going to work for us. I'm not paying $25 pppd for gratuities and wifi. I've already got drinks. I also already have 1 device prepaid at $70ish for an 11 night cruise. We can share the 1 login since my husband just needs to check emails occasionally. Not exactly the best sale ever.

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I just re-read my response to you and I see that you asked about taxes, not gratuities.  I don't think bar drinks have taxes added under any circumstance.

Actually, that is not true.  When in port, before leaving Los Angeles, taxes are added to each drink purchased.  I'm not sure if Princess absorbs these taxes, but i do know that Celebrity & NCL will add the taxes, even with the drink package.  But only until you leave port.  Tax is about 10%.  That also includes other purchases, such as a wine package purchased before leaving port.  At a few hundred dollars that can make a difference.  We have asked to have the slip put in after sailing, thus saving the10%.  

A few other port also require taxes charged on items purchased while in port.  Not really for this thread, but if anyone knows if Princess absorbs or other ports that charge I would be grateful.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, yogi_6977 said:

. This is in the fine print. So does this mean that Gratuities  from the drinks will be added  to your on board acct.. Thanks ...Gratuities do not include gratuities added to bar charges, dining room wine accounts, or Lotus Spa services. 

48 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I can see where it might not make sense on a long cruise but even if you just have three drinks per day, you're ahead of the game.

On our 28 day cruise (which is one of the ones listed) it would cost us $4000 for PBP and about $675 for both of us to get wifi.  For $1400 we are getting what would have cost us an additional $4675.00.  It would save us $3275.00 on a long cruise.  So it may make great sense for a long cruise too.  YMMV

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, yogi_6977 said:

This is in the fine print. So does this mean that Gratuities  from the drinks will be added  to your on board acct.. Thanks ...Gratuities do not include gratuities added to bar charges, dining room wine accounts, or Lotus Spa services. 

If you have the Premier Beverage Package, bar tab taxes and gratuities are included.

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, OC SeaPA said:

Actually, that is not true.  When in port, before leaving Los Angeles, taxes are added to each drink purchased.  I'm not sure if Princess absorbs these taxes, but i do know that Celebrity & NCL will add the taxes, even with the drink package.  But only until you leave port.  Tax is about 10%.  That also includes other purchases, such as a wine package purchased before leaving port.  At a few hundred dollars that can make a difference.  We have asked to have the slip put in after sailing, thus saving the10%.  

A few other port also require taxes charged on items purchased while in port.  Not really for this thread, but if anyone knows if Princess absorbs or other ports that charge I would be grateful.  

If you purchase drinks individually, including corkage fees, I know that we've been charged the tax imposed by port city  (eg:  San Francisco).  

The beverage packages, however, are exempt.  I asked the question specifically on my last sailing when I purchased a wine bottle package and on a previous sailing when we purchased a coffee card.  I'm not sure exactly how it is handled on the back end, but consumers are not charged for these taxes, either on the package purchase or individual drinks consumed under the package while in port.   Without any package, yes, depending on the port, these taxes are added onto your folio.  

48 minutes ago, OC SeaPA said:

When in port, before leaving Los Angeles, taxes are added to each drink purchased.  

Yes, we were charged tax on drinks purchased before leaving San Pedro (LA) on Princess. 

2 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

Last night the TA Retro info page was updated to include an upsell price for sip and sail bookings, $25 pp pd for adding grats and WiFi. Kind of a ho-hum since that is essentially the buy-it-yourself price.  But it’s gone this morning, although I do have a screenshot of it:

E9D1A083-DAD4-4922-9A9F-13C3FCE267CC.jpeg

Forgive me for not reading through this entire thread ... and if you could answer this question for me, it would be most appreciated.  

Is this sale showing that for $xx per day pp, you can keep your current promotion and still get the add ons that are shown on the graph?  For example, we are booked under the anniversary sale for a 7 night cruise next year.  For $1120 more, I would have the beverage package, gratuities and Wi-Fi included and still be able to keep the perks included in my original promotion?  

Also, if this is true, does this increase the overall cost of the cruise, also increasing the amount insured or is this a separate purchase?  

Lastly, would I contact my TA to add this or do you know if I am just able purchase it online under my personalizer?  

Sorry for all the questions ... and thanks in advance!  

11 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Forgive me for not reading through this entire thread ... and if you could answer this question for me, it would be most appreciated.  

Is this sale showing that for $xx per day pp, you can keep your current promotion and still get the add ons that are shown on the graph?  For example, we are booked under the anniversary sale for a 7 night cruise next year.  For $1120 more, I would have the beverage package, gratuities and Wi-Fi included and still be able to keep the perks included in my original promotion?  

Also, if this is true, does this increase the overall cost of the cruise, also increasing the amount insured or is this a separate purchase?  

Lastly, would I contact my TA to add this or do you know if I am just able purchase it online under my personalizer?  

Sorry for all the questions ... and thanks in advance!  

If you are booked under the Anniversary Sale, you would keep all of the perks that came with the sale for what you are already paying.  In order to add on top of those perks, beverage, wifi and gratuities would cost you $40 per person per day.  That means for two people it is $80/day times 7 days = $560.00.  For four people it would be the $1120.  At that point it might be more to your benefit to refare and lose the Anniversary Sale perks but after paying the fare for the first two people in the cabin numbers three and four in the same cabin get included in the benefits without additional charges.  It may help you to go through your TA and compare what the costs would be for you - upsell for the additional perks or refare to get them.

9 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

If you are booked under the Anniversary Sale, you would keep all of the perks that came with the sale for what you are already paying.  In order to add on top of those perks, beverage, wifi and gratuities would cost you $40 per person per day.  That means for two people it is $80/day times 7 days = $560.00.  For four people it would be the $1120.  At that point it might be more to your benefit to refare and lose the Anniversary Sale perks but after paying the fare for the first two people in the cabin numbers three and four in the same cabin get included in the benefits without additional charges.  It may help you to go through your TA and compare what the costs would be for you - upsell for the additional perks or refare to get them.

Boy, was my math ever off ... thanks!!  It's a B2B ... and I only need it for the first half as I am already under the sip and sail for the second half ... I just wasn't thinking!!  

I think $560 more would be an incredible deal as we already got such great perks with our anniversary sale (discount on our airfare, White Pass Excursion, OBC, specialty dinner, etc)  ... so I will be jumping on this sale.  Grats, wi-fi and beverages is all we were missing!  Yooohooo!

I just looked it up and it is on the list of sailings under this sale on the flier from the OP.  

Thanks for your help!!  

Edited by Cruise Raider

just stumbled over this thread - WOW - looking at a little 5 day next November, which doesn't offer ANY perks at all ( most promos start with 6 days unless last minute, and some getaways )

grats and PBP for $40 pp per day … gonna look 'real close' on 12/11 ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Boy, was my math ever off ... thanks!!  It's a B2B ... and I only need it for the first half as I am already under the sip and sail for the second half ... I just wasn't thinking!!  

I think $560 more would be an incredible deal as we already got such great perks with our anniversary sale (discount on our airfare, White Pass Excursion, OBC, specialty dinner, etc)  ... so I will be jumping on this sale.  Grats, wi-fi and beverages is all we were missing!  Yooohooo!

I just looked it up and it is on the list of sailings under this sale on the flier from the OP.  

Thanks for your help!!  

I thought your math might have been off.  That's why I gave you costs for both two and four.  I'm very pleased I could help. BTW, yes go through your TA.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, voljeep said:

just stumbled over this thread - WOW - looking at a little 5 day next November, which doesn't offer ANY perks at all ( most promos start with 6 days unless last minute, and some getaways )

grats and PBP for $40 pp per day … gonna look 'real close' on 12/11 …

Don't forget the wifi too! :classic_smile:

Check out this link to see if your cruise is included.

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/sales_marketing/PC_BestSaleEver2020OSVoyageList.pdf

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

I thought your math might have been off.  That's why I gave you costs for both two and four.  I'm very pleased I could help. BTW, yes go through your TA.

thank you again!!  

I am actually looking at another sailing I have booked as well for the spring.  My TA just emailed me about 2 weeks ago and can save me $664 but I would lose the beverage package and free gratuities.  Well, according to my newly found math (hahaha), I would save $104 plus get the unlimited WiFi.  My day is just getting better and better ... 

🙂 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, voljeep said:

grats and PBP for $40 pp per day … gonna look 'real close' on 12/11 ...

2 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Grats and PBP is $30 per day 🙂

voljeep is booked under a "fare-only" line on the chart.  I don't think he can break out just the Grats and PBP.  Voljeep would need to get the $40/day package which also includes the wifi.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

voljeep is booked under a "fare-only" line on the chart.  I don't think he can break out just the Grats and PBP.  Voljeep would need to get the $40/day package which also includes the wifi.

My reading of the chart that lists various promos is that it is just an example to help a TA suggest new upsell to an existing booking. See the top of that page: See last sentence of first paragraph and appropriate codes. Also see last sentence of this section "----- recommended upsell ---" not Mandatory. I imagine a TA speaking to a customer who says " I booked under this Promo, what are my options" This is a cheat sheet to help the TA but is not the only option.

image.png.38314ef34f41a3ca6ca5acc14af984af.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

My reading of the chart that lists various promos is that it is just an example to help a TA suggest new upsell to an existing booking. See the top of that page: See last sentence of first paragraph and appropriate codes. Also see last sentence of this section "----- recommended upsell ---" not Mandatory. I imagine a TA speaking to a customer who says " I booked under this Promo, what are my options" This is a cheat sheet to help the TA but is not the only option.

image.png.38314ef34f41a3ca6ca5acc14af984af.png

That's awesome!!  We really only need one unlimited wifi package (my DH can use his free minutes and that is sufficient for him) ... so, if we only have to pay $420 more for gratuities and drinks for a seven night cruise.  That would be amazing if my TA can make this work.  🙂