Best Sale Ever Starts December 11th

azbirdmom

29 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

When we have refared in the past, which is 2-3 times per booking on average, our cabin number always remains the same. We of course lose any previous perks gained from prior promotions and on a few occasions we have had to reapply for our shareholder benefits, but that's about it.

The caveat here, though, is you can keep the same room and refare ONLY if there are staterooms available in the category you have already booked.  Since I like M6(forward CC minis) or S6 or 7's(WS on Grand class and Royal class ships), I literally have to book when they first come up with no sales involved.  When sales like this start appearing, I can't avail myself of them as my category staterooms are always sold out!   Bummer.

Pooh

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

The caveat here, though, is you can keep the same room and refare ONLY if there are staterooms available in the category you have already booked.  Since I like M6(forward CC minis) or S6 or 7's(WS on Grand class and Royal class ships), I literally have to book when they first come up with no sales involved.  When sales like this start appearing, I can't avail myself of them as my category staterooms are always sold out!   Bummer.

Pooh

This is true. There has to be staterooms available in your category in order to be able to refare while keeping your same cabin.

We have also found that if your specific itinerary is included as a subset in longer itineraries where the category appears sold out on your itinerary but available on the other longer itineraries, then you may still have a chance to refare. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

Pooh-

If I understand you correctly, if I refare and want to keep the same minisuite, then I need to make sure the same category minisuite needs to still be available to new bookings?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Pooh-

If I understand you correctly, if I refare and want to keep the same minisuite, then I need to make sure the same category minisuite needs to still be available to new bookings?

Yep.  But again, if your cruise is sold in segments, check each one for your category.  If available on another portion, you might still be able to refare.

Pooh

11 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

We are getting something similar in the UK but have the pay £35 per day for the package. Slightly annoying that yet again Princess is not treating every market fairly.

I sometimes wonder if cruise lines' (higher?) pricing for non-U.S. markets is intended to compensate for generally lower tips from residents of some other countries?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

Yes this an excellent reminder that there must still be cabins available in your category in order to refare with a new promo. For example, on our upcoming family cruise my sister has a penthouse suite booked and they are sold out, so she can't refare. I have an MD minisuite and there are still some available so I could refare. 

I did a quick comparison to the current sale regarding the least expensive room.

Currently, the cost is $1869.00 and includes WiFi, a night of Specialty Dining, 

2 bottles of wine, and up to $800.00 OBC (depends on your stateroom); The Cyber Sale

For the sale coming on December 11, on the same cruise, the least expensive is $2399.00

That is $530.00 difference. Therefore, based on the information we currently have, the new

sale could really be a very nice option! 

For our cruise in 2021, we are receiving WiFi, the wine, specialty dining and $825.00 OBC which of course can be used for beverages

and gratuities. So, we will see.

Edited by nini
forgot to include other info

4 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

Can you refare if you booked your cruise with a TA and not Princess directly?  Or will I need to cancel that booking and then re-book with Princess?

Your TA will have to do the re-booking. Hopefully you have a TA who does this without charge or fee.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Whenever we have refared we always kept same cabin. Seems you could cancel and re-book immediately, so why not allow straight refare.

One might want to be careful about cancelling and rebooking. I tried that recently and was told there was a waiting list for my cabin and if I cancelled it would go to the next person on the waiting list. 

Whoops! I should have read from bottom up first.

Edited by billco
Hadn't read latest posts.

Just to be clear, refaring means just that. You keep your same booking number, cabin and MDR seating preferences (if any), and are just having your current booking’s fare realigned with the current cruise line offering associated with your cabin’s category.  When you rebook, you are canceling your current booking completely and starting all over. 

We're currently booked for January 2021 under the Cyber Sale. One key difference I see is that the Cyber Sale included Internet is one 4-device plan for one guest (so one plan to be shared by all stateroom occupants) while the Best Sale Ever is one 1-device plan for each guest. My wife and I shared a 4-device plan on our last cruise and it was nice being able to have both the phone and computer on at the same time for each of us. 

Not withstanding what Princess says the PBP is worth, for us, it's worth no more than $30 a day combined (and no, neither of us wants to drink more just because it's included). I'll take a look when fares are published but looking at the sample fares on the flyer and comparing to current Cyber Sale prices we may be looking at about $30 more per day for the Best Sale Ever.

We have a B2B2B (6 day, 13 day, and 14 day for a total of 33 days) booked for next November/December and all 3 cruises are listed. I doubt we will get a better deal with a re-fare though. We already have PBP and Gratuities included. We will each get 650 minutes of Internet service due to status perks and the TA appears to be giving us a fair amount of OBC to go along with the Shareholder OBC and the FCD OBC. I will definitely check the fare listings though. It would be foolish not to check. We have a Caribe balcony so there's no danger of the category being sold out this far in advance.

Whether we can benefit by this promo or not I truly appreciate the post about the promo. I'm hoping some folks will make out really well with a re-fare.

4 hours ago, billco said:

One might want to be careful about cancelling and rebooking. I tried that recently and was told there was a waiting list for my cabin and if I cancelled it would go to the next person on the waiting list. 

Whoops! I should have read from bottom up first.

Aha - I did not think about a waiting list. I suppose there can also be a waiting list for a cabin category, not necessarily a specific cabin.

5 hours ago, nini said:

I did a quick comparison to the current sale regarding the least expensive room.

Currently, the cost is $1869.00 and includes WiFi, a night of Specialty Dining, 

2 bottles of wine, and up to $800.00 OBC (depends on your stateroom); The Cyber Sale

For the sale coming on December 11, on the same cruise, the least expensive is $2399.00

That is $530.00 difference. Therefore, based on the information we currently have, the new

sale could really be a very nice option! 

For our cruise in 2021, we are receiving WiFi, the wine, specialty dining and $825.00 OBC which of course can be used for beverages

and gratuities. So, we will see.

How are you able to do this comparison, I assume your itinerary is one of the samples  shown on the flyer. However the samples include a range of dates. Do you know that your itinerary is currently the least expensive in that date range ?

I ask because I am on pins and needles wondering how the fare on our itinerary might change 🙂

Edit - OK I looked at Alaska Vancouver - Anchorage, 7 day and scanned numerous dates. Currently the cheapest Inside shows $699 and the flier shows $899, so a $200 increase. Is this how you did it ? Our itinerary is not shown on the Samples so I guess I have to wait until Dec 11 - unless TA gets the fares earlier ????

Edit 2: I now see that Flier Samples list a date and ship for each sample - I should look closer 🙂

Edited by Tedferg
  • Like 1

We already have 3 for Free (gratuities, OBC, upgrade) and the Free Wifi for 4 devices. Is $25 a person per day upgrade to premium beverage a good deal? I know my husband and I would have a specialty coffee, couple of sodas, and a drink each day. Might be nice to have an extra coffee. Also, per day means full days correct??  Thanks - Ruth