Best Sale Ever Starts December 11th

azbirdmom

On 12/4/2019 at 10:25 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Hope that's the case as we have future cruises booked in 2021 and 2022 that don't have any promotions tied to them yet. It will be interesting to see if the fares go up or down and thanks for posting the promotion details and applicable cruises.

Your have nothing to be concerned about.  All Princess is stating is that sample fares shown for promoted voyages are the minimum lead-in fares possible, assuming there are multiple dates for the voyage. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nini said:

Billco-

You have a good point. You must have a VERY nice cabin and location. Wow

Midship Obstructed Deluxe Balcony on Sky Princess Cat DW 4/11/20 to 5/6/20. For us, I don't think the Best Sale Ever is going to be better than the Cyber Sale, which in addition to WiFix4, Specialty Dinner, 2 bottles of wine, and $400 OBC includes $800 in EZair discounts. Along with the $400 OBC, we'll have $500 in military and stockholder OBC, $300 in FCC OBC, and some OBC from our TA. So, I think after the $725 coming out of our OBC for gratuities, we'll still have enough to cover wine. Still, since it is billed as the Best Sale Ever, it merits a look. We'll have to be quick, since our final payment is due 12/13.

• Like 1

I'm hoping to re-fare our April 2020 cruise but we have a premium deluxe balcony which is sold out for 2 people but still available for 1 person. Does anyone know if Princess would re-fare at the single supplement rate for 1 and apply it to us, in essence just divide the single rate? 

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I'm hoping to re-fare our April 2020 cruise but we have a premium deluxe balcony which is sold out for 2 people but still available for 1 person. Does anyone know if Princess would re-fare at the single supplement rate for 1 and apply it to us, in essence just divide the single rate? 

Thank you.

Do you find out whether or not you can keep the same cabin assignment before you pull the trigger on a refare?

36 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Do you find out whether or not you can keep the same cabin assignment before you pull the trigger on a refare?

Yes, the cabin assignment wouldn't change. My problem is the cabin category D4 is at capacity for two people but has availability for one, so I was thinking couldn't they re-fare and just divide the rate for one person since you have to pay for two anyway. I hope that makes sense.

This is probably not possible but I was hoping maybe someone had some experience with this. 

The link provided earlier is obviously for TA and in the FAQ I see:

image.png.85ceaf63515f8a82ae460d7a1548c490.png

Surely this does not mean you kan keep prior amenities, prior fare and add PBP, WiFi, Gratuities for $25 pp per day ???? I do see that the example above already included Gratuities.

Edited by Tedferg

23 hours ago, K.T.B. said:

Can you refare if you booked your cruise with a TA and not Princess directly?  Or will I need to cancel that booking and then re-book with Princess?

You will need to go through your TA who will cancel and rebook you.  Just make sure what you will be gaining and losing by refaring from your current booking with TA.  This involves your EZAir if you have used it.  If you rebook, your TA will have to rebook your airfare too, with availability and pricing at the time of the rebooking.  I got a really good airfare price that was available like for half a day (like $200 off pp)before it went back up.  If I were to rebook, I would have to get more expensive airfares so you have to consider that in whether you rebook or not.  For me, rebooking doesn't make sense because of the great airfare I happened to catch.

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands

17 hours ago, 2ferfun said:

Wow! We would love to take advantage of this.  If we refare, does that affect our EZ air price at all?

Quite possibly.  If you rebook/refare from one sale offer to the current one, your air reservations are cancelled and you have to rebook using availability and pricing that is current when you rebook.  So make sure to look at that before rebooking.  I usually book airfare the first day it is available and have found that my price is less than later on even with sales!  So make sure you consider your air expense in determining if you want to rebook/refare or not for a different sale.  BUT if you have booked excursions those stay with the booking and are not affected by any rebooking/refaring.

Pooh

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Surely this does not mean you kan keep prior amenities, prior fare and add PBP, WiFi, Gratuities for $25 pp per day ???? I do see that the example above already included Gratuities.

Almost true as I'm reading it. It appears Princess is also offering add-ons that can be used with previous promos to make them the same as Best Sale Ever. $25 per person per day (pp pd) adds the beverage package and Internet (if you already have gratuities), $30 pp pd adds the beverage package and gratuities (if you already have Internet), and $40 pp pd adds all three (if you have none of them).

We're currently booked for Jan 2021 using Cyber so will strongly be thinking of doing the $30 pp pd add-on as $14.50 of it is taken up by gratuities alone meaning the beverage package ends up costing us only $15.50 pp pd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Please tell me if I understand this correctly…  I booked a 28 day cruise under three for free.  We got a MB minisuite for the price of a MD minisuite.   We got $250 OBC each for a total of $500 OBC.  We got paid gratuities for a total of $868.  If I purchase the Premium Beverage Package, it would cost $4000 for both of us and the Wi-Fi would be at least $400 for both of us. (I can’t seem to get a definitive price for the unlimited MedallionNet.)

If I refare under the Best Sale Ever promo, I would need to pay full amount for the MB mini, lose the $500 OBC and the prepaid gratuities would be a wash.  PBP and Wi-Fi would now be included in the new fare for the MB.

So here is the big question for me:  According to the example in that FAQ, we could keep our 3 for free conditions and go through our travel agent and get the PBP and Wi-Fi for a $25 pp upcharge?  ($1400 for both of us for 28 days, plus we are keeping the $500 OBC?)  Am I reading this incorrectly or am I right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

So here is the big question for me:  According to the example in that FAQ, we could keep our 3 for free conditions and go through our travel agent and get the PBP and Wi-Fi for a $25 pp upcharge?  ($1400 for both of us for 28 days, plus we are keeping the $500 OBC?)  Am I reading this incorrectly or am I right?

As I'm reading it, you are reading it correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lstone19 said:

Almost true as I'm reading it. It appears Princess is also offering add-ons that can be used with previous promos to make them the same as Best Sale Ever. $25 per person per day (pp pd) adds the beverage package and Internet (if you already have gratuities), $30 pp pd adds the beverage package and gratuities (if you already have Internet), and $40 pp pd adds all three (if you have none of them).

We're currently booked for Jan 2021 using Cyber so will strongly be thinking of doing the $30 pp pd add-on as $14.50 of it is taken up by gratuities alone meaning the beverage package ends up costing us only $15.50 pp pd.

can you tell me where you found the info for the $30 and $40 options.  Sounds great

24 minutes ago, Fishboy1947 said:

can you tell me where you found the info for the $30 and $40 options.  Sounds great

Do you still have to pay the tips up front for the PBP. I'm not sure if it is worth it for us. Depends on how much you like to drink, I suppose!

22 minutes ago, Scotmay said:

Do you still have to pay the tips up front for the PBP. I'm not sure if it is worth it for us. Depends on how much you like to drink, I suppose!

The PBP included with Best Sale Ever (as with Sip 'n' Sail) includes gratuities (Princess is valuing it at $70.79 per day which is the PBP price of $59.99 per day plus 18% gratuity).

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

So if that's the case, I think it's a no brainer for me.  (Very appropriate given my brain power...:classic_tongue:)

After thinking it over, I think it is a no brainer for me, too. I'll stay with the Cyber Sale and not add on the $30 gratuities and PBP package. For our 25 day cruise we have over $1200 in OBC. The $250 Military OBC is refundable . Gratuities for the cruise is $725. It seems a better option to prepay the gratuities and drink within our OBC, which minus the $250 refundable military OBC is over $950, rather than spend $1500 ($30x2x25)  upfront and try to figure out what too do with the OBC.

I think for a 25 day cruise there is no way that we could make it worthwhile to purchase a drink package, but on our little 3 and 4 day cruises come up, this may well be a great deal. 

Keeping our fingers crossed for the 11th. Who knows, we may book a couple of other cruises we have been thinking about too.

25 minutes ago, RMMariner said:

I think for a 25 day cruise there is no way that we could make it worthwhile to purchase a drink package, but on our little 3 and 4 day cruises come up, this may well be a great deal. 

Keeping our fingers crossed for the 11th. Who knows, we may book a couple of other cruises we have been thinking about too.

This came though a TA website.  Do you have to be booked through a TA to take advantage of the add-ons?  We booked through a Princess Travel consultant.  Can we transfer our booking to our TA to get the add-ons?  We booked in Oct- is it too late to change the booking to her? 

4 minutes ago, OC SeaPA said:

This came though a TA website.  Do you have to be booked through a TA to take advantage of the add-ons?  We booked through a Princess Travel consultant.  Can we transfer our booking to our TA to get the add-ons?  We booked in Oct- is it too late to change the booking to her? 

I am  certain you can call Princess and avail yourself of any new offer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OC SeaPA said:

I think you have 60 days to transfer the booking to an other TA.

Theo

Princess needs to get heads in beds without losing money.

Princess knows the value of these perks.

Princess will calculate cruide fares as appropriate.

Princess knows that offering brjght and shiny baubles (perks) gets lotsa attention.

Princess seems to have some great marketing gimmicks.

Wait for the new fares on Dec 11. 

Edited by pms4104