Elite free laundry perk but 30 piece limit: 3bags at 10 pieces each?

fstuff1

20 hours ago, varoo said:

I need the paper with the count to know if I get back everything that  I sent out.

No way will I  remember exactly how many pairs of socks, underwear, etc. I put into the bag each time without that slip of paper.

We never got the basket and tissue paper on Celebrity, only on HAL.

HAL does wonderful laundry.  I have blouses hanging in my closet from a year ago that are ironed much better than I ever could.

I don't know if the clothes in a nice basket on X is a ship thing or now a fleet thing.  Anyone?

16 minutes ago, Muushka said:

HAL does wonderful laundry.  I have blouses hanging in my closet from a year ago that are ironed much better than I ever could.

I don't know if the clothes in a nice basket on X is a ship thing or now a fleet thing.  Anyone?

We did a 14 Night on the Summit (8 to 22) September 2019 and our elite wash and fold bags were cloth. 

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

We did a 14 Night on the Summit (8 to 22) September 2019 and our elite wash and fold bags were cloth. 

Well, that sounds like a ship thing rather than the fleet.  Hopefully they will have the basket for all of the ships.  The clothes are folded much nicer in that straw basket.

16 minutes ago, Muushka said:

Well, that sounds like a ship thing rather than the fleet.  Hopefully they will have the basket for all of the ships.  The clothes are folded much nicer in that straw basket.

Where did you come up with the idea it is a straw basket on Celebrity for the wash and fold perk? Doesn't matter to us we only send out socks and underwear which are folded in the bag not stuffed in the bag when we send them out and when they are returned.  

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Where did you come up with the idea it is a straw basket on Celebrity for the wash and fold perk? Doesn't matter to us we only send out socks and underwear which are folded in the bag not stuffed in the bag when we send them out and when they are returned.  

Where did I come up with the idea?  We just got off of Reflection and the wash and fold perk came in a basket.  That is where I got the idea from.

10 minutes ago, Muushka said:

Where did I come up with the idea?  We just got off of Reflection and the wash and fold perk came in a basket.  That is where I got the idea from.

I don't read minds! 🙄 Nowhere in this thread did you mention the Reflection and you received a basket, specifically a straw basket that the wash and fold laundry was returned in. That's why I asked the question. 

2 hours ago, Muushka said:

Interesting.  We are members of the loyalty level which gives us unlimited laundry, and we take full advantage of it.  On every cruise we send out laundry every two days or so, and have never had laundry returned in a basket.  HAL does so (or at least they have in the past), but this is the first time I have read that it happened on a Celebrity ship.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

I don't read minds! 🙄 Nowhere in this thread did you mention the Reflection and you received a basket, specifically a straw basket that the wash and fold laundry was returned in. That's why I asked the question. 

"How long have they been returning the laundry in a basket, neatly folded?  Last time we cruised was on Silhouette in 2017 and they stuffed it back into a paper bag.  I like the basket and tissue paper! "  Is what I wrote.

Oh, I'm sorry.  I didn't realize that in order to say something you had to tell every single thing related to the subject.  Full disclosure, we were in an S1 on Reflection from 11/18 until 11/29 and received our laundry in a "straw" basket.

And we were on Silhouette late Nov 2017, in an S2 and we did not receive the "straw" basket.

Are we good?

I hate the paper bags...they always seem to tear on us...

But, we've put the 30 pieces in two bags...and we've also just filled a bag and left whatever didn't fit loose on top of that...with the paper form on top of that...as long as it's 30 items or less, they don't seem to care.

OTOH, we're Elite Plus...So, for example, when we do our back-to-back cruises on Infinity this summer, we get 8 bags between us--potentially 240 items laundered.  It's nearly impossible to hit that mark.  More important is planning...We'll be in Europe 10 days before we ever embark on the ship, then back-to-back 7-nighters, then two more days in Rome...We'll likely pack ten plus days of clothing, send out most of it as soon as we get to the ship...then send everything we've worn out again near the start of the second leg...Maybe another bag on whatever the last day to send it on that second leg...

It's not only a question of the size of the order, its planning on the timing...and, no, it is by the 30 item bag, really...not by the piece--so you can't send three 10-piece bags rather than one 30...

Of course, you could always just pay to launder extra items outside of the perk.

4 hours ago, Muushka said:

"How long have they been returning the laundry in a basket, neatly folded?  Last time we cruised was on Silhouette in 2017 and they stuffed it back into a paper bag.  I like the basket and tissue paper! "  Is what I wrote.

Oh, I'm sorry.  I didn't realize that in order to say something you had to tell every single thing related to the subject.  Full disclosure, we were in an S1 on Reflection from 11/18 until 11/29 and received our laundry in a "straw" basket.

And we were on Silhouette late Nov 2017, in an S2 and we did not receive the "straw" basket.

Are we good?

I have no idea. I've never heard of the wash and fold laundry being returned in a basket and specifically a straw basket until you brought it up.  Your post was the first. 

See how that little bit of forgotten detail cleared it up the mystery basket dilemma. I wasn't doubting what you experienced. If you claim something then provide a little detail so we all know what you experienced. Possibly it was unique to just your cruise, or just the Reflection, or just for S1 sky suites.

You sure do tip over easy. Didn't know we weren't good. 

Edited by davekathy

3 minutes ago, Paulras said:

So do people fill out each individual item on the ticket or just write something like Elite Free Laundry? I've always filled it out which takes forever (unless you're in a suite and have the butler do it) 

We fill out the form for the different items (socks and underwear) and quantities we are sending to be washed. If the bag is paper we write "LOYALTY" on the bag as directed in the elite letter. On our Summit September 2019 cruise we were given cloth wash and fold bags and wrote "LOYALTY" on the laundry slip. 

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

On Celebrity if you are in a top suite category which gets unlimited laundry it does come back nicely folded in a basket with tissue paper.   Never seen it done that way when not in a RS and above.

3 hours ago, jerrib said:

We sent out a bag of laundry this past November on the TA Barcelona to Tampa on the Rhapsody.  It was returned nicely folded in the straw basket.  We did not have a free perk, we paid the bag charge.

Thank you both for posting this information. 👍👍

It is hard to get 30 items into one bag. I send clothing out in 2 bags labeling bag 1 of 2 and bag 2 of 2.  It is accepted as one laundry free bag.  Laundry has been good except for a Infinity. On the Infinity they insisted that you could only send one bag.  You can jam a lot of items in if you roll and push hard. Infinity also did a horrible job. They wrote ink cabin #s that bled through and stained my white shirts.  Eventually after much battering, they bleached out the stains. 

Apparently Celebrity uses different types of laundry forms on their ships from time to time, even for the same stateroom category,  and the wording on the various laundry forms will differ as to whether they are limiting us to one bag, or 30 items, or in some situations 20 items.

When sending out bulky items, such as jeans and sweatshirts, it is nice not to have to cram everything into one bag.

We were told that the people in the laundry do separate whites and colors and wash them separately, but I have wondered about that occasionally when white socks came back rather dingy looking.

Sometimes when placing an article of clothing into a laundry bag, I discover that it still has a laundry sticker on it from last year's cruise.  Those things do stay on, throughout several more washings.

We prefer the stickers to those horrible ink markings, but were never offered a choice. 😉

Edited by fleckle

Just happened to me last month on the Reflection. As in the past I spread out 30 items over 2 bags. This time, they charged me $20 on bag #2. When I questioned it, Guest Relations told me it means "up to 30" items in ONE bag. The rep called the laundry area and they were nice enough to reverse the $20 charge. I think they've been trying to make sure that now it means one bag. (good luck trying to fit 30 adult items in one bag...well, socks maybe :0)

1 hour ago, Jayandar said:

Just happened to me last month on the Reflection. As in the past I spread out 30 items over 2 bags. This time, they charged me $20 on bag #2. When I questioned it, Guest Relations told me it means "up to 30" items in ONE bag. The rep called the laundry area and they were nice enough to reverse the $20 charge. I think they've been trying to make sure that now it means one bag. (good luck trying to fit 30 adult items in one bag...well, socks maybe :0)

Thanks so much for letting us know about this because we never had a problem using multiple bags in the past, as long as we stayed within the limit for the number of items allowed.

The limit used to be on the number of items, not the number of bags.

Now it looks like that has changed, as the wording of the laundry instructions was different on our most recent cruise.

But it looks like this new policy is just making extra work for their laundry employees because  passengers will be rolling up their items as tightly as possible to stuff all 30 items into the one bag.

So the laundry employees will need to waste their time unrolling each of those individual items before washing them-- unless they just dump the entire contents of each bag "as is" directly into the washing machine.

Will they do that?  And if so, will we even know? 

P.S.  If anyone who reads this is taking that inside access tour that includes  the laundry room, please ask the people who actually work in there about it and let us know what your find out.

Edited by varoo