Chef table

ARI421

I have done the Chef's table on three occasions throughout the years.  The first time about 8 years ago just an amazing experience, the second was very good with food and service very nice and wine being poured throughout the experience.

My third experience the food was ok but portions very small so you could hardly determine if you even liked the dishes and wine rationed to a couple of short pours - just a disappointment all the way around

How was your experience in December?  Would you recommend it?

Edited by Gari
omitted a word

9 hours ago, athlonnx said:

Here's the menu from the Carnival Panorama from 12/13/19.

According to the Panorama chef, this menu is going to other ships as well.

Thank you for this!  I am reserved for Chef's Table on the Panorama in January, happy to see a new menu!

11 hours ago, athlonnx said:

chef table.jpg

Hi

I am sorry, I don't have a copy of my menu. I was on the Sunrise last month (Nov.) and we had a different menu. I don't know if they have just changed or might be in the process of changing menus. 

As far as the wine. When my glass was empty and they weren't coming around with more, I simply asked, there was no issue getting more.

have a great cruise

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2019 at 8:46 PM, athlonnx said:

chef table.jpg

Can anyone verify if this is the menu for the Dream? Sailing her next month 

On 12/16/2019 at 6:50 AM, Gari said:

How was your experience in December?  Would you recommend it?

We tried out the Chef's Table about a year ago on the Elation.  We figured we would give it a try since there is no steakhouse on that ship.  The galley tour was pretty neat, and the samples were good. The food itself was okay.  It was fun to try all this food prepared in these unique ways and combinations that you just don't find in the average restaurant, but I was not blown away by the actual taste of the food.   

The location where they hold it on the Elation was also bit distracting as well because it is in the library where everyone walking around the atrium can watch this small group of people eating dinner, and you can watch them watching you.  That night they were also having a huge party in the atrium, so all the music, cheers and laughter coming from outside the room was a bit distracting while you are sitting at a formal dinner.  

Overall, it is definitely an experience I would recommend someone try.  Getting an inside view of the galley to see how all of this food is prepared every day (and everyone working there was so nice, you feel like a celebrity walking through with everyone grinning and waiving at you) and getting the opportunity to try some very unique foods was an absolute treat.  I am very happy that we did it, but I don't see us doing it again.  

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 9:46 PM, athlonnx said:

chef table.jpg

Thank you so much for posting this. I just did the Chef's Table in October 2019 and it was a different menu so I'm super excited to try this one. It looks amazing! 

This menu looks decent enough...but what is not decent is you don't get wines paired to the food you are eating, but rather white or red. Carnival does not do a Chef's table how it should be done. I would not recommend it for this reason.

Edited by jrmende63

On 1/20/2020 at 8:33 PM, jrmende63 said:

This menu looks decent enough...but what is not decent is you don't get wines paired to the food you are eating, but rather white or red. Carnival does not do a Chef's table how it should be done. I would not recommend it for this reason.

I agree.

Just curious if anyone on here has done the Chefs Table on the Horizon?  My son/d-i-l say we should do it.  I seen (by their pictures, etc.) what they had, and I'm afraid that most of these foods, I probably would not like. 😞 I'm not one of those people that eat just about "anything" that is put in front of me.  I'm just wondering "if" I did it, and still did not like the foods, would it be worth the money to just SEE what all is involved in preparing food for the ship?

2 minutes ago, beshears said:

Just curious if anyone on here has done the Chefs Table on the Horizon?  My son/d-i-l say we should do it.  I seen (by their pictures, etc.) what they had, and I'm afraid that most of these foods, I probably would not like. 😞 I'm not one of those people that eat just about "anything" that is put in front of me.  I'm just wondering "if" I did it, and still did not like the foods, would it be worth the money to just SEE what all is involved in preparing food for the ship?

Personally, for the price, if I was not a foodie/had a lot of dislikes, I would say skip it. If you are not into eating or making expertly crafted, local, and seasonal dishes. Do the Steakhouse for much less money instead and pick your dishes based on your taste - especially if you are a big steak fan.

5 hours ago, beshears said:

You probably would not enjoy the evening.  When people ask, my usual reply is that if you are on a special diet, a picky diner, or a meat and potatoes person, don't book the Chef's Table.

If you generally like unusual dishes and enjoy trying new things, but have specific aversions or allergies, try it.  Staff will discuss your issues and the Chef will accommodate you.

If you think you wouldn't like the offerings, try other specialty restaurants and entrees in the MDR rather than gamble on the very expensive (in my world) Chef's Table.

I love the whole experience and consider it the highlight of each cruise.  On the other hand I don't enjoy being in the water so I don't book snorkeling excursions.  One of the greatest things about cruising is that something is offered for nearly everyone.

• Like 1

Help! I have an email confirmation for both the steak house and chef’s table, but it’s not showing in our booking. Also spoke to someone from carnival but they don’t have access. Besides the email, is there someone or somewhere else I can confirm?

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 11:27 AM, beshears said:

If I was you I would do the behind the fun tour if you not a foodie. You get a full tour of the ship behind the scenes. You can see the kitchen plus a lot more stuff

• Like 2

I have heard of the "behind the fun tour," but don't know much about it? Is it like a tour of the whole ship, or what?  Is it limited to so many people doing it in a group?  How much is the cost?  If someone has done it on here, please let me know how I can get more info on this?