Luggage tags

Gerry P

Of course you can ! :classic_biggrin: There is no specific way that they have to be attached. You can even forget the packing tape and just fold and staple or zip tie them to your luggage. The plastic holders are convenient for us. We just switch out extra address tags and cruise luggage tags. But no one says that you have to have them. Enjoy your cruise! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

1 hour ago, Gerry P said:

Dumb question. Reading thru the boards, is it necessary to buy those plastic tags to put your folded paper tag in? Can i just use Packing tape and make it very secure and attach a zip tie to my luggage handle?

Absolutely no need to waste money on plastic tag holders. Zip ties will actually weaken the tag. In fact, the instructions are just to loop the paper tag through the handle and tape the ends together (similar to an airline bag tag).

If you want to reinforce the tags, you can run some packing tape on the back. If you are really concerned, you can run some duct tape on the back of the tag. And tape the ends together. 

image.thumb.png.ce2d0a455af2f3a36d596405600cfdec.png

3 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Absolutely no need to waste money on plastic tag holders. Zip ties will actually weaken the tag. In fact, the instructions are just to loop the paper tag through the handle and tape the ends together (similar to an airline bag tag).

If you want to reinforce the tags, you can run some packing tape on the back. If you are really concerned, you can run some duct tape on the back of the tag. And tape the ends together. 

image.thumb.png.ce2d0a455af2f3a36d596405600cfdec.png

I used to just staple the two places marked,  and then one staple on each side of the deck plan.

Never lost one.

Bought the plastic sleeves when we started flying more

Edited by John&LaLa

6 hours ago, Gerry P said:

Dumb question. Reading thru the boards, is it necessary to buy those plastic tags to put your folded paper tag in? Can i just use Packing tape and make it very secure and attach a zip tie to my luggage handle?

Sure, that would work fine.

When you staple them, put one staple to keep the loop tight around the handle.  Problems occur (tags get lost) when there is a large loop to catch on things.

But the plastic tag holders are very convenient.

I love the plastic holders. I picked them up years ago for not that much and they really make life easier if you are flying. I put them in the outside pocket of my checked luggage and can attach them in 2 seconds without needing to bring tape or staples. It just makes life so much easier.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Galatz said:

I love the plastic holders. I picked them up years ago for not that much and they really make life easier if you are flying. I put them in the outside pocket of my checked luggage and can attach them in 2 seconds without needing to bring tape or staples. It just makes life so much easier.

Agree.  We put them on at the airport, when we land a collect our luggage,  or if we are staying in a hotel the night before the cruise-  Neater and reusable for our multiple cruises. 

59 minutes ago, Galatz said:

Excellent for the departure tags too.

• Like 1

We put 2 tags on each bag now after an arrival in Boston after a TA several years ago and 2 of our bags lost their tag and had to search through lots of luggage to find the missing bags.  Wasted too much time. Glad we didn't have to catch a plane.  

7 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We put 2 tags on each bag now after an arrival in Boston after a TA several years ago and 2 of our bags lost their tag and had to search through lots of luggage to find the missing bags.  Wasted too much time. Glad we didn't have to catch a plane.  

We do the same, both for initial embarkation tags and final disembarkation tags.