CCL stock on fire today!

DaveOKC

56 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Been a great investment for this Canadian!

Did you just buy it in October?  It's barely back to where it was this time last year and has been a disaster over the last 5 years.

RCCL has vastly, vastly out performed CCL.

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Did you just buy it in October?  It's barely back to where it was this time last year and has been a disaster over the last 5 years.

RCCL has vastly, vastly out performed CCL.

No we bought years ago...but we only have sailed mainly HAL.  

1 minute ago, canadianbear said:

No we bought years ago...but we only have sailed mainly HAL.  

How many years ago?  It's pretty much underperformed the market since inception...  Unless you hit a very lucky dip.  The only people who should carry CCL are people who sail a lot and get the OBC.  And even then, carry the minimum shares.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BNBR said:

How many years ago?  It's pretty much underperformed the market since inception...  Unless you hit a very lucky dip.  The only people who should carry CCL are people who sail a lot and get the OBC.  And even then, carry the minimum shares.

2008 was at $30.  We cruise a lot and the US OBC have paid off for our investment which was the 100 shares.

Edited by canadianbear
  • Like 2

Just now, canadianbear said:

2008 was at $30.  We cruise a lot and the US OBC have paid off for our investment.  

Makes sense for you then.  I bought right before a cruise I think in 2016, for the OBC.  Went on a run and I sold it off not long after the cruise.  I don't remember how much I made but I think it ended up covering nearly half the cruise, lol.

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

I forget, what is the breakdown for cabins/cruise length for owning Stock.  I know it's $250 for 14 days or longer in a suite...but cant' remember ocean view./14 days.

OBC is determined only by the length of the cruise. So whether you're in the Pinnacle suite or an inside, the OBC for 14 days is $250.

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

I forget, what is the breakdown for cabins/cruise length for owning Stock.  I know it's $250 for 14 days or longer in a suite...but cant' remember ocean view./14 days.

It’s 250 for 14 days, doesn’t have to be in a suite.    We’ve used it twice this year.  The OBC and dividends make it worthwhile for us.  

Not only has it gone up from the did 30s when we bought it and provided OBC on several cruises, but the dividend has doubled from $25 Per quarter to $50 per quarter since we bought it. I'd say it was a pretty reasonable investment

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Himself said:

What is the dividend for CLC?

Carnival Corp is currently paying a 50 cent per share per quarter dividend. For those of us that have the minimum 100 shares, that is $50 per quarter or $200 per year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, richwmn said:

Carnival Corp is currently paying a 50 cent per share per quarter dividend. For those of us that have the minimum 100 shares, that is $50 per quarter or $200 per year.

That is a nice little dividend!

As a Canadian where the exchange rate can really hurt, that OBC I get of $250 (usually due to longer cruises) translates into nice tax free benefits 😉 

I consider it part of my return on my investment and have recouped over 1/2 of my investment so far.  Had I been smarter and bought it sooner, it would have been paid for fully by now in OBC alone.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kazu said:

As a Canadian where the exchange rate can really hurt, that OBC I get of $250 (usually due to longer cruises) translates into nice tax free benefits 😉 

I consider it part of my return on my investment and have recouped over 1/2 of my investment so far.  Had I been smarter and bought it sooner, it would have been paid for fully by now in OBC alone.

Same here - bought 7 1/2 years ago and the Stockholder credit has paid for about 1/2 of my $3000 cost.  Plus the annual dividend (on the 100 shares) has covered the other half.  Plus stock is up about 70% over that time period.

One of the best investments I have ever made.

Edited by DaveOKC