Have the D+ cruisers been kicked out of all the Concierge lounges?

59 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

The point was WHERE is there room in the Enchantment DL; it's tiny and pushed up against a sloping ceiling; I could only imagine room for entertainers if they were on the ceiling 

28 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

On our sailing it was a 3 piece band... and their backs were to the wall shared with the CL.  They were in the middle of the space facing out to the VCL.

similar location for us.

Type of music is always going to appeal to some and annoy others- it goes without saying. 

2 hours ago, allentownahoy said:

And I have 2 upcoming cruises where some have received the emails but I have not. I know I am no longer welcome in the CL but it would be nice if Royal officially notified me.

But you're not on the January 5 cruise, right?  That's the cruise that received the email.

17 hours ago, Crism said:

All the Pineapples on the Vision Panama Canal cruise I was just on started doing the same thing. Much better than being smashed upstairs into the CL.

Even on the lesser demand Tampa cruise earlier this year, most of the Pinnies were in the DL.   

34 minutes ago, island lady said:

Even on the lesser demand Tampa cruise earlier this year, most of the Pinnies were in the DL.   

On our last Rhspsody TA, we just hung out in the overflow. The CL upstairs was a bust except for the view

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

On our last Rhspsody TA, we just hung out in the overflow. The CL upstairs was a bust except for the view

Agree on that...will be spending my time in February in the DL.  No real interest in going into the CL on Rhapsody.  I like the view off the aft in the DL anyway.  

20 hours ago, island lady said:

What you are seeing is the workings of the current (and fairly new) Concierge in the CL, ....Kumar.  He has tried several times to kick out the D+ from the CL....with no signage change...nada.   There was so much howling on my last Rhapsody cruise, he had to relent and let them in.  Sad he is still up to those tricks.  

On the other hand, Alan...who used to be concierge in the CL...had moved to the DL on deck six.  He is a far superior Concierge (IMHO).   Also...we actually preferred the DL to the CL...love that sweeping view off the aft, with lots of room for overflow in the "Shall we Dance" lounge.  Not a fan of the layout in the CL on Rhapsody.  

A Concierge works under the direction of Guest Services and the Hotel Director and can't.....on their own....make a decision like you've stated. 

6 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

I don't think this should come as a surprise to anyone.  The writing was on the wall.  I have my own thoughts on what's next for the Pinnacle's and am thinking about writing RC and giving my input. 

and I'm going to help write it ;0 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

A Concierge works under the direction of Guest Services and the Hotel Director and can't.....on their own....make a decision like you've stated. 

Interesting...since it was Kumar from the CL that told me it was his decision.  The HD is the one that changed that situation back due to no signage.  He "tried" to kick out D+..didn't work.  

Will also be interesting when I am back on board in a few weeks, though as I stated, I prefer the DL on Rhapsody anyway and IMHO Alan is a better Concierge than Kumar.  

Edited by island lady

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

Interesting...since it was Kumar from the CL that told me it was his decision.  The HD is the one that changed that situation back due to no signage.  He "tried" to kick out D+..didn't work.  

On our recent Jewel cruise the sign on the door said Concierge Lounge but on our sailing D+ were not allowed in. This is happening on many cruises with high numbers of D+ no matter what the signage says. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

7 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

On our recent Jewel cruise the sign on the door said Concierge Lounge but on our sailing D+ were not allowed in. This is happening on many cruises with high numbers of D+ no matter what the signage says. 

I can definitely see the point with typical high number of upper tier sailings, as in TAs, Presidents cruise etc.  Something has to be done with those, and they do...but just normal everyday use of the CL the rest of the time?  

Edited by island lady

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So, here's a PR question for RCI: do you say that D+ are no longer allowed in the CL or do you make a new sign and call the room an SL? Which would D+ take with less of an uproar?

I would hope changing it to SL would be less of an uproar 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

So, here's a PR question for RCI: do you say that D+ are no longer allowed in the CL or do you make a new sign and call the room an SL? Which would D+ take with less of an uproar?

I suspect the latter, but either would not surprise me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

When Adam Goldstein was CO of RCI he stated in his blog that RCI would never throw D+ oft of the CL. That's what was behind the renaming o'f the CL to SL.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

I can definitely see the point with typical high number of upper tier sailings, as in TAs, Presidents cruise etc.  Something has to be done with those...but just normal everyday use of the CL the rest of the time?  

D+ numbers are growing every day so, even on regular sailings, there can be too many D+ for a CL to handle. Not all, but many of Jewels upcoming sailings from Dubai, will restrict D+ from the CL. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

5 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

I would hope changing it to SL would be less of an uproar 

So, then, it seems RCI is using this third tortured route of sending individual e-mails to D+ to achieve the same thing hoping for even less of an uproar?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

D+ numbers are growing every day so, even on regular sailings, there can be too many D+ for a CL to handle. Not all but many of Jewels upcoming sailings from Dubai will restrict D+ from the CL. 

Lots of cancellations there.  

• Clarea changed the title to Have the D+ cruisers been kicked out of all the Concierge lounges?
13 minutes ago, island lady said:

Really wasn't that long ago that Ds were kicked out of the CL. 

11 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Sometime in 2009 as I recall. 

That sounds about right.  Pretty sure I became D in 2008 and a year later - puff - no more CL.