FAQ Equinox versus Millennium?

zitsky

Is there a FAQ on the differences between Equinox and Millennium?  I have just come off the Equinox and am considering a trip next year on the Millennium.  I did a search and found many posts on each but I'm curious about a comparison between the two

We have enjoyed cruises on both classes and in particular the two ships you have named.

It does depend on what is important for you on a cruise...We love speciality dining which puts M class at a real disadvantage...we would cruise M class again but it would have to be a great itinerary to entice us...Agree with bikerunner the ‘flow’ is better on S class, it rarely feels busy or crowded.

Rather than trying to find the differences between these 2 specific ship's, you're more likely to find comparisons between the two classes of ships ( Solstice class vs Millenium class). A quick Google showed several articles. Here's one to get you started:. https://www.avidcruiser.com/2016/09/comparing-celebritys-millennium-and-solstice-class-ships/

We've been on the Equinox twice and the Millenium once.  In my opinion and from our experience, the Equinox was a great ship, last cruise 2012 but the Millenium was awful (2013).  The ship was old, dirty, and smelly.  Maybe they have made improvements to the ship but after our 13 day Asia cruise on the Millenium I can say that we did not enjoy the cruise, not for the itinerary, but for the lack of cleanliness and for the lack of crew spirit.  My opinion.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dadofjessie said:

We've been on the Equinox twice and the Millenium once.  In my opinion and from our experience, the Equinox was a great ship, last cruise 2012 but the Millenium was awful (2013).  The ship was old, dirty, and smelly.  Maybe they have made improvements to the ship but after our 13 day Asia cruise on the Millenium I can say that we did not enjoy the cruise, not for the itinerary, but for the lack of cleanliness and for the lack of crew spirit.  My opinion.

That was a long time ago. Millenium underwent it's Revolution in Feb 2019.

I've sailed Millennium about a dozen times and she is still my favorite ship.   I have NEVER found her to be dirty, smelly or neglected.   She is much older than the S-Class ships but has been well maintained and the staff and crew are constantly keeping her in good conditions.    I last sailed her just prior to her Edgefication and she was in decent condition even prior to her retrofit. 

I would have no qualms in sailing her tomorrow.

My only complaint would be the decision Corporate made to remove the Olympic.  The Olympic was the most elegant dining room on the high seas and I really miss it.   I'm not a big fan of Tuscan (M or S Class).  

• Like 1

We sailed on Millennium in November and she’s in great condition from her makeover early this year. We went to a presentation on the ship about the work that was done and it really was a major refurbishment. I would ignore posts from 2013.

We’ve also sailed on Equinox and found the only thing lacking on the M class ship was Murano ( speciality dining). We went to Le Petit Chef instead and thoroughly enjoyed it on Millennium, although see no need to repeat. Agree with Ian about the Tuscan Restaurant  and wouldn’t repeat that either.  At least on Equinox there is a wake view, but the food was no better than the main dining room which was good. 

On both ships we were able to find quiet places to read or relax. Neither ship felt crowded expect the Oceanview Cafe at breakfast. On our last trip it was often unpleasant particularly on port days. I’d choose by itinerary. 

Edited by Boatharbour
  • Like 1

We cruised in Asia on Millie in 2017 and 2018. One year we did the southern 14 night route and the next year we did the northern 14 night route. I must look at things different differently. We were invited to one of the penthouse suites. It looked very nice. Our sky suites both times were nice and clean. Did I see some wear and tear, yes. I was in Micheal's Club and sat down at a bench type seat. I crossed my legs and started to put my foot on the corner of the chair seat across from me. I thought oh, I should not do that. I looked at the corner of the chair seat. Yes their was some wear. I had a warm feeling of all the other people that had done the same thing. My glass seems to always be half full.

Edited by bigbenboys
spelling
  • Like 1

The Murano equivalent restaurants (which had four individual names -- a specific name on each of the four M-class ships) were removed from all four of the M-class ships several years ago.  Tuscan replaced them.  And since Blu is the MDR for Aqua Class passengers, there is indeed a Blu.

On 12/22/2019 at 9:02 PM, chemmo said:

It does depend on what is important for you on a cruise...We love speciality dining which puts M class at a real disadvantage...

Ain't that the truth! In my humble opinion replacing the Murano menu restaurants with Tuscan was a big mistake as was replacing Qsine with Le Petit Chef. I sincerely hope corporate make some changes to improve M class dining options in the future. :)