Tribute Bands

willie362

50 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was going to ask for Kashmir.

Last year on a NCL ship at a rock and roll party. I asked to hear anything by the Moody Blues and they did not know any of their songs.

That's not unusual, the instrumentation and harmonies are too difficult for cover bands.  Was surprised at Musikfest in Bethlehem, PA, that a British Invasion Band did a good cover of Tuesday Afternoon without the orchestra. 

1 hour ago, gaylemh said:

Sorry I have to disagree with that one.  I have requested songs from tribute bands and the house band, and if they knew it it would be played.

From the FB page.

ROOKIE’S NEW SHOW
Rookie is excited to unveil their new show, The History of Rock and Roll! Catch it on select ships. Message for details! Don’t miss this high-octane ride through the greatest rock and roll hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s!

This does not say that they can pick the songs they want to do.

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

That's not unusual, the instrumentation and harmonies are too difficult for cover bands.  Was surprised at Musikfest in Bethlehem, PA, that a British Invasion Band did a good cover of Tuesday Afternoon without the orchestra. 

It was not a cover band. It was a band from NY that was contracted to appear on that ship.

13 hours ago, mugtech said:

So they played their own music, no covers of other bands.

No they played music of other bands but they advertise themselves as available for weddings and other parties.

A cover band by definition is a band that plays songs recorded by someone else,sometimes mimicking the original as perfectly as possible and sometimes re-interpreting or changing the original.

i hope now that they put music halls on some of the ships we will be able to see more tribute bands.

the last time i saw a tribute band was 5 years ago on freedom.  it was the journey one.  they were amazing.

i have since been on oasis, harmony, symphony & navigator. i have seen savannah jack twice. not a tribute band. tony tillman numerous times.

it seems anthem gets the most tribute bands

On 12/28/2019 at 4:49 AM, gaylemh said:

The ones I know of are: 

Wanted (Bon Jovi)  1/27/20

LA Vation (U2) 2/7/20

Rookie (Cover Band) March 1, 2020

Slippery When Wet (Bon Jovi)  March 8, 2020

Phoenix (Cover Band) March 29, 2020 

DSB April 5, 2020

Royal Swedes is the house rock/dance band and will be on until April.  They are excellent.

Phoenix - are they the band based out of Las Vegas, self labeled as "the best cover band you will see anywhere"?

On 12/28/2019 at 4:49 AM, gaylemh said:

The ones I know of are: 

Wanted (Bon Jovi)  1/27/20

LA Vation (U2) 2/7/20

Rookie (Cover Band) March 1, 2020

Slippery When Wet (Bon Jovi)  March 8, 2020

Phoenix (Cover Band) March 29, 2020 

DSB April 5, 2020

Royal Swedes is the house rock/dance band and will be on until April.  They are excellent.

Phoenix - are they the band based out of Las Vegas, self labeled as "the best cover band you will see anywhere"?

Wanted was really good on our Ovation Hawaii cruise this past September.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Rock the Boat? They are a cover band we saw on an Independence transatlantic cruise a few years ago and they were excellent. They were regulars on Royal ships for years but haven't heard anything about them lately.

3 minutes ago, The Sunset Glow said:

Wanted was really good on our Ovation Hawaii cruise this past September.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Rock the Boat? They are a cover band we saw on an Independence transatlantic cruise a few years ago and they were excellent. They were regulars on Royal ships for years but haven't heard anything about them lately.

http://rocktheboatrocks.com/

On 12/25/2019 at 2:09 PM, willie362 said:

Hello,

I am sailing on Anthem Of The Seas on January 16, 2020. I know they have a different tribute band every week, Does anyone know who is scheduled to perform on my sailing?

Royal Caribbean International is committed to providing a fantastic onboard entertainment experience for our guests. For the January 16th, 2020 sailing of the Anthem of the Seas, we are pleased to offer “We Will Rock You”, “The Gift”, and “Spectra's Cabaret”, as our main theatrical productions. The guest entertainment offered onboard is as follows:

Pandora’s Box  – Tribute Band
Billy Garan  – Comedian                       
Chris Dugdale – Magician
Stephani Parker – Female Vocalist
David Lucas – Comedy Variety
Barricade Boys – Vocal Group
Kivi Rogers – Comedian