New Year's Adventure on the Ventura

kerryincork

15 minutes ago, kerryincork said:

This is what an interior cabin looks like. I think the Ventura has one of the best cabin layouts.

Also a view of Southampton from the Buffet 😊

IMG_20191229_140328.jpg

IMG_20191229_134638.jpg

IMG_20191229_134617.jpg

IMG_20191229_134126.jpg

Agreed, our cabin is so spacious compared to Oceana, probably just a better layout 

Andy 

I think the Azura/Ventura cabin layout is very practical, with that large open wardrobe/hanging space/dressing area.  I wish the lighting was a little better there, so I don’t have to scrabble for black shoes which have migrated to the shadows

• Like 2

On 12/28/2019 at 10:04 AM, AndyMichelle said:

Have a safe journey Kerry. 

Looking forward to reading your blog.

Despite us being onboard as well, it is interesting to see other passengers opinions. 

If we don't get to say hello, have a fantastic cruise. 

Andy 

We Hope you and Michelle have a fantastic New Year's Cruise.

G&P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Following along and have a fantastic trip the both of you and Andy I'm interested on how your online check in went 

Andy has already posted about it on the "online check in " thread. He's probably too busy buying Michelle cocktails to answer at the moment!

• Like 1

Hamburg today... 

Having a fantastic time, too much food, too many cocktails but what else would you expect... 

Entertainment has been excellent as is the food. 

As always with P&O, a couple of little niggles but not enough to dampen our spirits. 

Happy New Year to you all. 

Andy & Michelle 

• Like 5

This is a heads up for anyone looking to book new year's next year.

For new years (and Christmas) everyone has set dinning not matter what sort of dinning you chose. You are meant to receive an email where you can select a late or early seating {I didn't get this email, so the first I heard of it was at the first dinner}

They deliver a card to your cabin with table, dining room and time.

We got early seating but we have a tour until gone 6.

I had to go down and queue and talk to dining room manager about changing our time.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kerryincork said:

This is a heads up for anyone looking to book new year's next year.

For new years (and Christmas) everyone has set dinning not matter what sort of dinning you chose. You are meant to receive an email where you can select a late or early seating {I didn't get this email, so the first I heard of it was at the first dinner}

They deliver a card to your cabin with table, dining room and time.

We got early seating but we have a tour until gone 6.

I had to go down and queue and talk to dining room manager about changing our time.

Have they still not sorted this out?! 5 years ago(!) we were on Ventura for Xmas and the same foul up happened. Families with young kids being told they would have to eat at 8.30pm 'cos the buffet would not be open! Major ructions, so in the end they opened the buffet for Xmas dinner and used Sindhu (which wasn't supposed to be open) as an overflow restaurant. Why do they muck up everything for Xmas day?! Every other day was fine. Solution...have Xmas lunch like most people do at home.

(Rant over)

Hope you have a great time Kerry

Simon

Edited by sddsddean
Removing words I didn't think were rude!!

3 hours ago, kerryincork said:

I don't know why they don't keep it freedom dining?

I'm glad they don't as freedom dining has been a shambles for us so far. 

People queuing from just after 5, then constant queues all night to even get to the stage where you get a buzzer... 

I'm glad I know what time I am eating and that they will have a table ready for me. 

We had the email and selected late sitting as this is the only way we have any chance of staying awake for midnight. 

Andy 

• Like 1

We had a lovely New Year's eve dinner.

New Years Day was a lovely quiet day.

We went swimming on the open deck, very cold getting in and out but fine in the water.

We are off on one of the ships tours this morning, I will let you know how we get on.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, kerryincork said:

We had a lovely New Year's eve dinner.

New Years Day was a lovely quiet day.

We went swimming on the open deck, very cold getting in and out but fine in the water.

We are off on one of the ships tours this morning, I will let you know how we get on.

Have a great day Kerry in lovely Brugge. 

Miserable weather though. 

Andy 

On Nye Sindhu was used as the overflow restaurant . Personally I didn't see any streamers etc on tables. Enjoyed the fireworks in Hamburg and there were quite a few being let off randomly in the daytime. There have been some new items on the mdr menus which we have enjoyed. It's interesting to see waiters using the tablets to take  orders and that seems to work smoothly. 

• Like 1