Aqua Theatre Suites noise

We are considering booking an Aqua Theatre suite on deck 11 on the Oasis.  How bad is the noise is this suite?

I know they have things going on often in the Aqua Theatre, so I wondered is this is a problem.  Also curious how late shows run in the Aqua Theatre.

TIA for any information,

John

We had an Aqua Theater Suite on Deck 11 on Symphony. You could hear the show in the living room but not the bedroom. Unfortunately the week we were on the ship they were changing over to new cast members of the show and were constantly rehearsing through each day. No movies were played on our sailing.

55 minutes ago, Ashland said:

The very late "LOUD" movies they played in the Aqua Theater certainly bothered us on Harmony.

Do they show movies regularly at night? I really enjoy the dive-in movie nights in CCL and wasn’t sure if there would be something similar in Harmony.  Thanks! 

There is a lot of activity in the Aqua Theater area.  That is a mixed blessing. Lots of stuff to watch but also a lot of noise.  It never bothered us when we closed the doors and went inside but it seemed there was always something going on.  The rock climbing was never an issue but the AT show and movies could be considered an annoyance.  Someone mentioned perhaps watching the movies from your balcony but it seemed, to me, at least, that the acoustics resulted in a lot of echoes and was never clear enough to actually follow dialogue. The ATS are a great experience but once you’ve done it a couple of times, it seems you long for the more sedate suites up on 17.  

We were in an A1 on deck 8 on Oasis and did not have any noise bother us.  It was fun to watch them practice for the Aqua Show and all the other things that take place around that pool.  Also saw movies and football from the balcony but not any noise once the doors were closed.  Would book another again in a heartbeat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had an A1 on floor 8. We had two small kids and also three seniors. No one cares about noise, and kids took naps with no issue. 

I admit: the movies can be loud and yes you hear a bit of noise even with the door closed. We enjoyed watching the show and also the view of “nothing” (staring into the distance) after midnight from the balcony. 

The only thing that did bother us was lots of soot starting day 3. Probably due to the wind. Just wipe off seats before you sit down! 

I say go for it. The balcony is amazing! 

Leanna

We were in a two bedroom Aqua Theatre Suite on the Harmony, Deck 9.  We loved watching the shows and the noise didn't bother us at all.  We never heard any noise from the Rock Climbing Wall.  I would book another one in a heartbeat if I win the lottery!  It was for our 50th wedding anniversary and it was WONDERFUL!

We did A1 on deck 8 on Oasis a few years back...hands down the BEST CRUISE EVER!!!  I would book again in a heartbeat as well, but the prices for these rooms seem to have increased quite a bit from what we paid. As for the noise, never bothered us but we were late to bed (as in around midnight).  Most noise subsides after last aqua show..those are louder than the movies played.  With doors closed, you could still hear stuff but again never bothered us.  The views are absolutely stunning and docking in St. Thomas truly was magnificent! You truly get 270 degrees of views!  BOOK IT!

23 minutes ago, johnstoc13 said:

We did A1 on deck 8 on Oasis a few years back...hands down the BEST CRUISE EVER!!!  I would book again in a heartbeat as well, but the prices for these rooms seem to have increased quite a bit from what we paid. As for the noise, never bothered us but we were late to bed (as in around midnight).  Most noise subsides after last aqua show..those are louder than the movies played.  With doors closed, you could still hear stuff but again never bothered us.  The views are absolutely stunning and docking in St. Thomas truly was magnificent! You truly get 270 degrees of views!  BOOK IT!

I am so torn!  Based on your comments, I added the bid again!!!  Driving myself crazy!  but I guess a win-win

We were in a 2BR Aqua Theater Suite on Symphony. I believe we were on deck 10 and while there was noise during shows and such, it was never a bother. We chose it because it was the only star suite available when we booked that could accommodate 5 of us. I would not have gone with 1 BR over a CLS and would have taken a 17th floor star room if one was available that could take 5. We love 17 and its proximity to the SL, the pools and the WJ. The fit and finish in the CLS are better than the AQS as well, plus the high ceilings and double wide hallways on 17 are great. It can be a looong walk to the back as well. No wrong answer as both are solid choices. Have a great trip.

I agree with Sorcerer Tim - any Star Class beats the CLS but being on 17 beats just about any other Sky Class suite.  The only down side (IMO) of the 2 BR ATS is the long walk.  The noise wasn't an issue for us but the long walk is.  Our absolute favorites are the GPS and OPS on Oasis and Allure.  I hate that they eliminated these suites on Harmony and Symphony.

24 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I agree with Sorcerer Tim - any Star Class beats the CLS but being on 17 beats just about any other Sky Class suite.  The only down side (IMO) of the 2 BR ATS is the long walk.  The noise wasn't an issue for us but the long walk is.  Our absolute favorites are the GPS and OPS on Oasis and Allure.  I hate that they eliminated these suites on Harmony and Symphony.

We really enjoy the CLS.  2 bathrooms, great storage- near suite lounge and restaurant- So much more roomy then the OPS which sometimes costs more, don't get it as it only has one bathroom-  However if we get a genie to do our bidding-perhaps we do not need the suite lounge or suite concierge at all.

Since our grand daughter will be joining us- would be great for her to have her own bedroom .

Edited by Cruise a holic

On 12/28/2019 at 4:18 PM, John&LaLa said:

Std Boadwalk cabin, or a suite?

Both categories...Of course the Boardwalk cabin was worse...the suite still had a "lot" of late night noise from the movies which ran late and had a lot of loud bass noise (action movies). This can vary greatly depending on the particular movies being played.

Would I opt for the suite again....more than likely.