Has anyone parked at Cape Liberty recently?

I sailed out of Cape Liberty on Anthem during Thanksgiving week.  If I remember correctly, you get ticket when you enter the garage, and pay at the kiosk machine upon return.

Edited by PCHENG
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blondynka said:

I see on their site it is $25 a day, just curious if we pay up front or when we return, and what the general process is. 

Thank you in advance!

Well. Happy New Year Cape Liberty, nice that they upped the daily rate for the new year.  You pay after the cruise at kiosks outside the garage.  They accept cash or credit.  

http://www.cruiseliberty.com/directions_parking.html

• Like 1

It is much quicker to get out if you pay in cash.  When we went they had two lines at kiosks one for cash and one for credit cards we didn't even have to wait to pay and the line for credit cards was about 10 people long.  

38 minutes ago, clochette said:

wow that is a big jump again it was $19, went up to $22 a year ago and now $25. 

Expensive, but still better than the Manhattan terminal!  I think it was up to $44 per day the last time we departed from Manhattan!

We just sailed on the Anthem 12/20 to 12/28. They have a very efficient setup at Cape Liberty. Once you drop off your luggage at the drop off area you go to the garage. There was a person stationed at each gate who handed you the ticket from the machine. They informed you to keep the ticket with you. At disembarkation once you clear customs, very efficient, done with facial recognition, you go to the area to pay for parking. There were 5-6 machines for credit cards and 2 for cash. There was a person stationed at each machine to help with the process. It was painless and every person was incredibly polite. From there you go get your car, go down to the baggage pickup area, load up and leave. Total price for parking for the 8 days was $176.00. Time from ship to pulling out the gate was 45 minutes. We’ve been on over 32 cruises and this by far was the most efficient disembarkation process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, steveru621 said:

Who says the government isn't above gouging the public?  $25 to park in the snow?

2004 -- The guests parking facility will be located adjacent to the cruise terminal and the cost for parking will be $12 per day.

Government?!?!??!?!??!?!?!

(and the parking garage is covered parking, obviously)

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index, today's prices in 2020 are 36.16% higher than average prices since 2004.

19 X 1.3616 = $25.87

For very secure covered parking, just steps away from the cruise terminal, with NO waiting for shuttles it is worth every penny to be in our car and on the road in just a matter of minutes.

IMHO

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index, today's prices in 2020 are 36.16% higher than average prices since 2004.

19 X 1.3616 = $25.87

For very secure covered parking, just steps away from the cruise terminal, with NO waiting for shuttles it is worth every penny to be in our car and on the road in just a matter of minutes.

IMHO

I don't disagree with your conclusion, but the post above had the price in 2004 @ $12/day:

12 X 1.3616 = $16.34

The $25 price is 108.333% higher than in 2004.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I don't disagree with your conclusion, but the post above had the price in 2004 @ $12/day:

I plead senility... Thanks for the correction. LOL

However I still feel it is the best place to put my $27,000 SUV anywhere in Jersey for many reasons. ..

5 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

I plead senility... Thanks for the correction. LOL

However I still feel it is the best place to put my $27,000 SUV anywhere in Jersey for many reasons. ..

I agree.  We stay at Embassy Suites the night before our Anthem sailings and could book their park and cruise rate but we don't feel comfortable leaving our car in their open lot for an extended period of time.  We prefer the convenience of the port lot and find it to be more secure.  We are usually on the road 15 minutes after we leave our cabin for the final time.  Was very surprised that someone else posted that it took them 45 minutes to debark and get on the road.  Must have been some delay.

12 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Government?!?!??!?!??!?!?!

(and the parking garage is covered parking, obviously)

Not if, like us, you had to park on the top level of the garage or the parking lot across the street because the garage was full. Obviously?  

The area is owned by the port authority (government) and only managed by an LLC.