2020 List of NCL Officers, Hotel Director, Concierge, Crew, etc

casofilia

12 hours ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Does anyone know Iris Alegado? Or which ship she is on. Or even still with NCL. She was our concierge on the Sun in 2018. Thought someone said she was on the Breakaway but not according to the recent list. Any information is appreciated.

Love her, although, I do believe she has left the company.... for now. There was a chance she was going to come back, though.

On 2/1/2020 at 12:36 PM, david_sobe said:

I had a forward penthouse on Getaway.  The room was beautiful and separate living room/bedroom.  Just be prepared to walk everywhere being that forward.  We had Adrian so the level of service was excellent but staying outside the Haven was definitely missed.  We almost felt like outsiders.  However just remind yourself the price reflects what you get.  For a lower price you get a great room with a taste of the Haven.  I think we also agree that the Breakaway class ships are our least favorites when it comes to the Haven.  The Epic is bigger and better.  I am on Encore in 3 weeks so I am curious to try this new ship out.

Well David, your post got us thinking, and we upgraded to the H5 courtyard penthouse. Although only deck 15 was available, it is still much close than the forward deck 10 forward facing penthouse. Plus, I believe there is a staircase within the Haven area on deck 15, so we won’t have to go all of the way mid ship to get to the Haven. Thanks for you input!

10 hours ago, maja651 said:

Well David, your post got us thinking, and we upgraded to the H5 courtyard penthouse. Although only deck 15 was available, it is still much close than the forward deck 10 forward facing penthouse. Plus, I believe there is a staircase within the Haven area on deck 15, so we won’t have to go all of the way mid ship to get to the Haven. Thanks for you input!

OMG 😲  I cant believe you did that because of me.  I hope it was not more money.  If you plan on using the Haven sundeck and restaurant its definitely worth being in the Haven.  If you forget one simple thing, its quite the walk all the way back.  We just felt like we were visitors in the Haven.  But then again you save money.  Gosh if you end up with a bad cruise you will come looking for me 😲

11 hours ago, maja651 said:

BTW, did you stay in an aft penthouse on Epic and loved it?

On 2/1/2020 at 11:32 AM, maja651 said:

Thank you for your feedback! I’m looking forward to meeting her!  We’re you actually in the Haven or in a suite ‘off site’. We are in a forward facing suite outside of the Haven and I wonder if that will impact our level of service.

I'm afraid that I can't answer that question. I have only been in cabins that are on the same deck as the restaurant, bar, and courtyard.

14 hours ago, david_sobe said:

OMG 😲  I cant believe you did that because of me.  I hope it was not more money.  If you plan on using the Haven sundeck and restaurant its definitely worth being in the Haven.  If you forget one simple thing, its quite the walk all the way back.  We just felt like we were visitors in the Haven.  But then again you save money.  Gosh if you end up with a bad cruise you will come looking for me 😲

We spent a little more, but not much, no worries. 🙂 I trust your judgment, and we really discussed the differences and decided location would make a big difference in many of the perks of the Haven, so it was worth it.

13 hours ago, david_sobe said:

BTW, did you stay in an aft penthouse on Epic and loved it?

Yes, we loved the Epic, but hated the distance from our cabin to the Haven. Your post actually reminded us of that so it was good! Thanks!

On 1/26/2020 at 6:47 PM, casofilia said:

@cruiservictor

We board next Sunday and I see 3 of our old friends from the Breakaway - GM Djamel, Cruise Director JC 

Would you please remember the Kiwi Proof Reader Mike to both of the above, I (and my wife Pauline, have enjoyed cruising with and helping both of them.   Thank you

I emailed both of them with your message and here is JC's reply:

"Please say hello to Mr. Mike.  He was the official “proof reader” on the Jewel when we did our transatlantic crossing from Japan to Alaska.

Thank you.

Keep Moving Forward,

JC SANCHEZ | Cruise Director"

On 1/25/2020 at 9:27 PM, cruiservictor said:

Thanks for posting this.  We board next Sunday and I see 3 of our old friends from the Breakaway - GM Djamel, Cruise Director JC and F&B Director Andreas (he was Executive Chef back then).

JC is allot of fun.

On 1/14/2020 at 9:59 PM, Sabiney said:

We were on the Escape last month with:

Deepak Punia, General Manager

Duncan Founche, Asst General Manager

Kivanc Ucar, F&B Director

Jacky Tang, Cruise Director

Rodrigo Rodriguez, Executive Housekeeper

Godfrey Fernandes, Executive Chef

KitKat Reyes, Guest Services Manager

Jay Hizon, Restaurant Manager

Laszlo Pinter, Beverage Manager

Marthinus Visser, Cruise Next Manager

David Newball came on from the Epic to replace Patrick as Concierge.

And, a special treat for us was seeing Prejith Sukumaran again. He used to be the Executive Chef on the Escape and he has been promoted to Asst Food & Beverage Director.

Have a great cruise. We sure did! This is a great group.

Pat

NOOOOOOOOO.. I was hoping to see Jay on the Bliss in a few weeks.  He is the BEST...

36 minutes ago, cruiservictor said:

JC SANCHEZ | Cruise Director"

21 minutes ago, jswdlw said:

JC is allot of fun.

Is this the same person as Johnny "Cash" Sanchez who was an ass't CD many years ago?  (If so, he was terrific then and I'll bet he's a great CD now!)

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Is this the same person as Johnny "Cash" Sanchez who was an ass't CD many years ago?  (If so, he was terrific then and I'll bet he's a great CD now!)

My guess would be that this is not the same person.  This one is Juan Carlos Sanchez and here's a picture of him on the Breakaway from 10/5/14.  He wears glasses now, has a goatee, and has put on a few pounds (who among us hasn't).  It was wonderful that he remembered us this week when we last cruised with him in early 2015.

IMG_1208.JPG

7 hours ago, cruiservictor said:

My guess would be that this is not the same person.  This one is Juan Carlos Sanchez and here's a picture of him on the Breakaway from 10/5/14.  He wears glasses now, has a goatee, and has put on a few pounds (who among us hasn't).  It was wonderful that he remembered us this week when we last cruised with him in early 2015.

Here's our JC Sanchez in Oct. 2011 on the Gem.  May not be the same person (but might?).  However,  I was struck by your comments regarding his memory.   Same on the Gem.  I met him early in the cruise (maybe at the M&G), and every time he saw me after that, including when we ran into him ashore in Bermuda (where this photo was taken), he called me by my name.

enhance

Edited by Turtles06

7 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Here's our JC Sanchez in Oct. 2011 on the Gem.  May not be the same person (but might?).  However,  I was struck by your comments regarding his memory.   Same on the Gem.  I met him early in the cruise (maybe at the M&G), and every time he saw me after that, including when we ran into him ashore in Bermuda (where this photo was taken), he called me by my name.

enhance

So that certainly looks like the same JC, and I spoke to him a few minutes ago and he confirmed it.  That was him.  Here he is now.

IMG_5795.JPG

43 minutes ago, cruiservictor said:

So that certainly looks like the same JC, and I spoke to him a few minutes ago and he confirmed it.  That was him.  Here he is now.

Thank you for that update!  Glad to know — but not at all surprised— about the success he’s had and his great reputation.   My feeling about CDs and Ass’t CDs is that I usually don’t even remember who who they are.  I only recall the rare ones like JC who really do make a noticeably positive impact on the cruise.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, casofilia said:

That is certainly the JC I know; pity he and Djamel are on the Bliss I was hoping they had taken the re-positioning, new ports, cruise on the Spirit.

Alvin Oliva is the Cruise Director for The Spirit grand adventure.

Norwegian Bliss Senior Officers - February 2, 2020 Sailing

Captain - Robert Lundberg

Staff Captain - Vicente Amicone

Chief Engineer - Ivan Vladislovic

General Manager - Djamel Benatmane

Asst GM - Roland Schrock

Cruise Director - JC Sanchez

Asst CD - Alex (from Ukraine.  Not sure of his last name.)

Food and Beverage Director - Andreas Sommerfeld

Asst F&B Director - Adrian DeKock

Restaurant Manager - Elena Bodi

Guest Service Manager - Charlyn Padilla

Executive Chef - Sreekanth Sundaram

Beverage Manager - Haide Balon

Executive Housekeeper - Jocylito Orofino

Cruise Next Manager - Michael Smith

Haven Concierge - Hanno Meyer (Hanno was supposed to have been replaced by Patrick Berido on 2/2, but that will now happen on 2/16.)

Haven Asst Concierge - Gabriel Mendez

Haven Restaurant Maitre'd - Merrybelle Santos

9 hours ago, hallux said:

Asst. CD Alex is STILL on the Bliss?  He was on in April and again (or still?) in October.

I asked Alex about that.  Here is his reply:  "I was here in April, and I’m still here. However I’m leaving soon. Going on vacation and later on joining Jade."