Just off Equinox Dec 28 Jan 4

Elevatorman

To begin, we used the Celebrity app and therefore had expedited boarding. It worked perfectly. We used our phones to board not the paper copy.

Our cabin was 7223 and I would book it again. Very quiet and close to elevator. I am a little spoiled because we book mini suites on Princess, it’s not in suite class so not a big up charge. At 319 sq ft it’s larger than Veranda cabin and has 2 TVs. However I like Celebrity too and the smallness of the cabin doesn’t stop me because the cabin is efficient and balcony very nice. 

We had wonderful service at the Martini Bar, Pool Bar and MDR. I won’t comment on the food because taste is so subjective. 

Breakfast at the Buffet is so varied, so much to choose from, I had a different breakfast every day, never the same. The Mast grill Burger is my favorite, but I did have lunch in the buffet too. Many choices. 
Murano was good as always, Tuscan Grill good too, just not great, but great is different for everyone.

We spend mornings and afternoons at the pool. The seating is uncomfortable, impossible and so jammed together it’s ridiculous. Do the designers of the pool area expect us to crawl up the chair and be locked in? That said it’s where we want to be to enjoy the breezy sun and occasional music or trivia game. 
    The Solarium is the best at sea, and I use it to take a dip because the water in the main pool is freezing. 
    We only saw one show, the comedian was funny but it was a repeat for us. Dan is a great Social Director and his interactions with the Captain are hilarious. 
   They worked very hard to make New Years Eve a special event. You had a choice to celebrate at the pool deck, atrium or Ensemble Lounge.. 
    We didn’t get off at any ports this time, after 52 cruises we are content to chill out while the majority get off the ship. That’s why the 4 port Western is better than the 3 port Eastern Caribbean for us. 
    The exceptional staff make Celebrity a wonderful Cruiseline. So friendly and professional. So I will always come back to Celebrity because, it’s a great value, so I enjoy it and remember that I am lucky to be able to cruise, little things may not be to my liking but hey lots of people will never experience a cruise so I don’t fuss about it. Happy New Year!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Elevatorman said:

To begin, we used the Celebrity app and therefore had expedited boarding. It worked perfectly. We used our phones to board not the paper copy.

Our cabin was 7223 and I would book it again. Very quiet and close to elevator. I am a little spoiled because we book mini suites on Princess, it’s not in suite class so not a big up charge. At 319 sq ft it’s larger than Veranda cabin and has 2 TVs. However I like Celebrity too and the smallness of the cabin doesn’t stop me because the cabin is efficient and balcony very nice. 

We had wonderful service at the Martini Bar, Pool Bar and MDR. I won’t comment on the food because taste is so subjective. 

Breakfast at the Buffet is so varied, so much to choose from, I had a different breakfast every day, never the same. The Mast grill Burger is my favorite, but I did have lunch in the buffet too. Many choices. 
Murano was good as always, Tuscan Grill good too, just not great, but great is different for everyone.

We spend mornings and afternoons at the pool. The seating is uncomfortable, impossible and so jammed together it’s ridiculous. Do the designers of the pool area expect us to crawl up the chair and be locked in? That said it’s where we want to be to enjoy the breezy sun and occasional music or trivia game. 
    The Solarium is the best at sea, and I use it to take a dip because the water in the main pool is freezing. 
    We only saw one show, the comedian was funny but it was a repeat for us. Dan is a great Social Director and his interactions with the Captain are hilarious. 
   They worked very hard to make New Years Eve a special event. You had a choice to celebrate at the pool deck, atrium or Ensemble Lounge.. 
    We didn’t get off at any ports this time, after 52 cruises we are content to chill out while the majority get off the ship. That’s why the 4 port Western is better than the 3 port Eastern Caribbean for us. 
    The exceptional staff make Celebrity a wonderful Cruiseline. So friendly and professional. So I will always come back to Celebrity because, it’s a great value, so I enjoy it and remember that I am lucky to be able to cruise, little things may not be to my liking but hey lots of people will never experience a cruise so I don’t fuss about it. Happy New Year!

Thank you for your concise review.  When we were on the Equinox months ago, I was annoyed that the Captain at that time  was making advertising announcements for excursions, shops, photos, etc.   Was that the case on your cruise?  I hope that practice disappears...

1 hour ago, keesar said:

Thank you for your concise review.  When we were on the Equinox months ago, I was annoyed that the Captain at that time  was making advertising announcements for excursions, shops, photos, etc.   Was that the case on your cruise?  I hope that practice disappears...

Yes he did , but he was amusing, so it wasn’t too obnoxious 

2 hours ago, keesar said:

I didn't notice this.  But several times I was in our state room, so didn't hear it.

22 hours ago, keesar said:

I didn't notice this when I sailed in July but that was with prior Captain ... Kate. Maybe I didn't realize it?  Is this something new with the current Captain ... or something new that Celebrity is doing in recent months?

I have loved the low key approach that Celebrity has with announcements, will not love if they keep increasing stuff like this.  I already find the increased promoting of drink packages and specialty dining on my recent cruises to be really bad, and yes a simple no will do but it gets old when I have to say it multiple times within a very small distance or with my mouth full at breakfast or dinner.  At least I can tune out the announcements in my stateroom but I like listening to the daily Captain check in, I especially liked Kate doing it but guess they all have their own approach.

To the OP ... glad your trip was good.  I have sailed Equinox 3 times now so I read reviews of her more to see what others experience, since as we know there seem to be extremes one way or another 🙂

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 4:21 PM, Elevatorman said:

Elevatorman,

Thanks for the great review, it is very appreciative.  One question on the pool seating...we usually go up one deck from the pool deck; was it the same jammed seating as the pool deck.  Thanks.