Boarded Crown Today. No Princess Cay

flyers1976

Five different islands now have different port times! So there go plans for private excursions.

Trying to be the "glass half full" girl.... I just looked at Princess excursions as substitutes.  All of them are still showing the original docking times, so obviously can't book those either. Ugh.... So glad I don't have any more Princess FCDs! 

1 hour ago, Michele M said:

Posted on the other thread that our itinerary dropped Princess Cays for next week. Now it is back on the schedule.  Seems like they are still messing with the itineraries.  

I just called Princess and the girl said.  “We will not stop at Princess Cays and we will receive a $75.00 OBC”. 
My cruise starts on January 26, 2020. 
Tony

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

I just called Princess and the girl said.  “We will not stop at Princess Cays and we will receive a $75.00 OBC”. 
Tony

Tony, I am sorry your cruises are affected.  I know you have been looking forward to this annual trip (not to mention thousands of others also affected).  We had joked around about me arranging to have your cabin "fixed up nice" when I was on the Crown in early November.  Please believe me that I did not do anything with a generator.  Hope it all works out for you.

23 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Tony, I am sorry your cruises are affected.  I know you have been looking forward to this annual trip (not to mention thousands of others also affected).  We had joked around about me arranging to have your cabin "fixed up nice" when I was on the Crown in early November.  Please believe me that I did not do anything with a generator.  Hope it all works out for you.

Hi Mr.G

I have been to Princess Cays about 25 times. Margie rather spend the OBC at the Spa.

I just feel bad for the people who never been there. Now about that generator I don’t know 🤔😁.  I received a email today telling me the Medallion is in the mail. So it won’t be long now. I love  being in the Caribbean in January and February.

Boston is cold right now. 
Your Pal, 

Tony

PS.. You know what’s coming now wait until next year.😁

9 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Five different islands now have different port times! So there go plans for private excursions.

Trying to be the "glass half full" girl.... I just looked at Princess excursions as substitutes.  All of them are still showing the original docking times, so obviously can't book those either. Ugh.... So glad I don't have any more Princess FCDs! 

Get in touch with the private excursion company. They may already be aware of the change since it seems to be affecting a few itineraries. This type of thing happens all of the time.

Edited by Iamcruzin

9 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Private tours operators want to work. If no tour, no payment. Most will adjust the time if the ship is late.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, flyers1976 said:

Just boarded the Crown today.  Had this letter in our state room.  1st time we will ever miss Princess Cay.  Hope they get this generator fixed for the next cruise.

20200106_140146.jpg

19 hours ago, flyers1976 said:

Just boarded the Crown today.  Had this letter in our state room.  1st time we will ever miss Princess Cay.  Hope they get this generator fixed for the next cruise.

20200106_140146.jpg

Thank you for the info.  We are doing 30 days on her starting end of January.  Can you tell me who the Maitre'D is and if he will be on for the January 26th sailing?

We were on the Crown Dec 27-Jan 6 sailing and had our visit to Grenada dropped because of the propulsion issue. Everyone received a $100 per person OBC which was nice to have, but Grenada was the only port that was new to us so that was a bummer. 

Just received an e-mail from Princess that Grenada has been dropped from 2-5 sailing and that other arrival and departure times have changed along with a 75 per person OBC.  We are also on the 2-15 sailing as part of a B2B - does anyone know if they were to also not stop at Princess Cays whether there would be an additional OBC?  If so, we and DH will end up with 950 total OBC which could mean a lot of beverages!

• Haha 1

For those of us who don't constantly cruise the Caribbean we aren't jaded in regard to Princess Cays. We have sailed the Caribbean exactly one time - 14 day Circle Caribbean - and were disappointed that the cruise didn't include Princess Cays. I'm sure there are many who would be disappointed if their California Coastal cruise didn't hit San Francisco or their Mexico cruise didn't hit Cabo San Lucas but we would gladly miss those ports. It's amazing how many people feel the need to post negative comments about Princess Cays.

• Like 3

I agree Thrak. While we're not fans of Princess Cays (HAL's Half Moon Cay puts it to shame), I would never sing the praises of missing ANY port. Itinerary changes are never a good thing IMHO. For many people, their cruises are chosen specifically for the ports offered. 

56 minutes ago, Thrak said:

For those of us who don't constantly cruise the Caribbean we aren't jaded in regard to Princess Cays. We have sailed the Caribbean exactly one time - 14 day Circle Caribbean - and were disappointed that the cruise didn't include Princess Cays. I'm sure there are many who would be disappointed if their California Coastal cruise didn't hit San Francisco or their Mexico cruise didn't hit Cabo San Lucas but we would gladly miss those ports. It's amazing how many people feel the need to post negative comments about Princess Cays.

I think many posters think about PC as 'just another money grab" by Princess … as in well, let's cancel Grand Turk, or other, and stop at Princess Cay instead … also by cancelling a Princess Cay stop, and not adding another port, how much is Princess really losing ?  

and in full disclosure … as we can be at much better beaches within a couple of hours, PC is really not that important to us at all

but I do obviously completely to the max understand other people missing a 'beach day'

We got off the crown yesterday and we missed Grenada the only port we hadn’t been too. We got told this during the muster drill so you can imagine the reaction from everyone. Overall not a great cruise and we were disappointed with the standard in general onboard the crown. Hope you can still enjoy 

We too , we are italians living in Italy, received yesterday the itinerary amendment.We are on 16 january departure for 20 days. I have made an itinerary with new timings in red to see the real difference , apart the cancellation of PC (  yes a beach day is better than a sea day but we love so much HAL's  Half Moon that  our previuous visit to PC was a little disappointment , though a nice  and well organized  place, so is  not a tragedy ) , other itinerary amendments are matter of 1/2 hours except  Antigua on jan 29 when ship will arrive 12 instead of 9 AM ( mornings are precious while in port ! ) and also leaving St. Thomas at 3pm on feb 2nd is really early ( already 4 pm was too erarly ! ). Anyway we ended up with $950 onboard credit ( rates in euros have different price/regulations ) so...will try to take comfort from this extra money and enjoy the expected warm weather  so different from the ice cold here in northern Italy ! :):):)    

ITIN CROWN .docx

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Thrak said:

Princess Cay is just another crowded beach day in the Caribbean with bad BBQ. It's not worth having to tender to go there.  There are better beaches in the Caribbean. Royal Caribbean's private Islands blows Princess Cay away especially since you can just walk off of the ship. However, their fly infested BBQ is just as bad. 

• Like 2

On 1/7/2020 at 11:20 AM, canadarocks said:

I agree Thrak. While we're not fans of Princess Cays (HAL's Half Moon Cay puts it to shame), I would never sing the praises of missing ANY port. Itinerary changes are never a good thing IMHO. For many people, their cruises are chosen specifically for the ports offered. 

We might well agree with those who find Princess Cays a disappointing experience (which is how I tend to view the sentiment of the negative comments) but would like the one chance to make our own opinion. Many people raved about $2 beach on Pago Pago. We thought it was... politely... disappointing. I can certainly understand folks thinking PC is a less-than-optimal experience but wanted the chance to check it out for ourselves. Perhaps one of these days. I would certainly like to cruise the Caribbean again one of these days. We do find the flight home from FLL to be an amazingly and idiotically convoluted and overly long thing though. Airlines pretty much boggle my mind. That is, of course, another subject entirely.

• Like 1

Well, after reading costalb2000’s post I can see that our January 26 cruise will be affected (which I already assumed).  For once we had not precooked any excursions, so we won’t have to make any adjustments there.  We’ve been to St. Thomas several times so we’re not too concerned about that.  If we’re offered the OBC we may decide to take a ship’s excursion to Magen’s Bay Beach.  We’re not interested in shopping in town.   Antigua will be a new island for us so I’m not sure what to do.

On 1/6/2020 at 11:48 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

On 1/7/2020 at 7:06 PM, blastofftosj said:

Well, we got a message today, princess cays stop was canceled, and we got $75 OBC/pp too

Interesting. Can I ask what ships you're sailing on?

We do enjoy Princess Cays but if they want to give us $75 p/p that would be a nice gesture.

42 minutes ago, BIG TIME CRUISER said:

Interesting. Can I ask what ships you're sailing on?

We do enjoy Princess Cays but if they want to give us $75 p/p that would be a nice gesture.

I just have one question is the OBC P/P or per cabin.? 

Tony