Wonderful Copenhagen 2023

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Are my hotels in a safe area to walk alone at night?? I know I'm fine on the metros

Most areas in Copenhagen are safe by night - Personally I would avoid the ‘Vesterbro’ and ‘Nørrebro’ area by night.

The World’s 50 Best Restaurants - in Copenhagen!

https://www.theworlds50best.com/

At ‘The Best Restaurant in Europe 2021’ list you’ll find one of the most coveted restaurants on the planet, Noma, voted number one and Geranium voted as number two.

At the ‘50 next list’ you’ll find  Alchemist, which opened on Refshaleøen in its new version in July 2019, as 59 and also on the list is Amass, which like Alchemist is located on Refshaleøen as number 89.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:27 PM, Ombud said:

Hotel Kong Frederik or 

Profilhotel Mercur

17 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Most areas in Copenhagen are safe by night - Personally I would avoid the ‘Vesterbro’ and ‘Nørrebro’ area by night.

Is that where these are?

New topic. I know it's early to think about next summer but...

What are the current requirements for entry into Denmark with respect to covid?  Tests, and if so what sort, and proof of immunization?

What about the availability of covid tests in Copenhagen?  Since we're doing a pre-cruise stay in your fair city, I assume we'll have to get tested again before we board ship (this will depend on the cruise line of course, as will the type of test required.)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

We're coming over next summer and are spending 5 nights at The Moxey. Is that a bad area of Copenhagen to stay in? It'll be my mom and I staying there, but my brother and spouse will be staying with friends in Malmo and we'll be doing things with them.

Also, is there transit stations nearby?

Thanks so much,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Radbooks said:

Also, is there transit stations nearby?

Moxy is a bit outside Copenhagen (3.5 km) however a S-train station very close (Sydhavn Station) you’ll need to take the S-train to a station to Central Station (Hovedbanegården) or another station in Copenhagen where you also can change to the metro system.

Trains from Malmö will arrive at Central Station (Hovedbanegården). Going to Malmö you’ll change train here.

If you don’t mind taking the train the location is fine.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hallasm said:

Moxy is a bit outside Copenhagen (3.5 km) however a S-train station very close (Sydhavn Station) you’ll need to take the S-train to a station to Central Station (Hovedbanegården) or another station in Copenhagen where you also can change to the metro system.

Trains from Malmö will arrive at Central Station (Hovedbanegården). Going to Malmö you’ll change train here.

If you don’t mind taking the train the location is fine.

Thanks so much!!

Rhonda

9 hours ago, Radbooks said:

We ended up switching and are now staying at Wakeup Copenhagen - Borgergade.

yes, a safe area close to Kongens Nytorv and sights (Rosenborg Castle, Royal Palace, Nyhavn- also the nearest Metro to Copenhagen Airport or Central Station.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 5:05 AM, hallasm said:

yes, a safe area close to Kongens Nytorv and sights (Rosenborg Castle, Royal Palace, Nyhavn- also the nearest Metro to Copenhagen Airport or Central Station.

Could you please tell me how convenient or inconvenient it is to get from the airport to Comwell Copenhagen Portside Dolce as well as to Oceankaj cruise terminal from that hotel.  TIA

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ginlyn said:

Could you please tell me how convenient or inconvenient it is to get from the airport to Comwell Copenhagen Portside Dolce as well as to Oceankaj cruise terminal from that hotel.

Do not fully understand your question -  it’s 25 minutes by taxi from airport and 5 minutes to the cruise terminal (Oceankaj) by taxi.
Also possible from airport by Metro - M2 to ‘Kongens Nytorv’ - change to M4 to ‘Orientkaj’. Bus from hotel to cruise port.

The hotel is located 4 km north of city (Kongens Nytorv) but close to M4 metro station ‘Orientkaj’ - 7 minutes by Metro.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Do not fully understand your question -  it’s 25 minutes by taxi from airport and 5 minutes to the cruise terminal (Oceankaj) by taxi.
Also possible from airport by Metro - M2 to ‘Kongens Nytorv’ - change to M4 to ‘Orientkaj’. Bus from hotel to cruise port.

The hotel is located 4 km north of city (Kongens Nytorv) but close to M4 metro station ‘Orientkaj’ - 7 minutes by Metro.

Thank you for your information.  Sounds like it might be more convenient to find a hotel closer to the central train station if we plan to come from the airport by train  and then taxi to the cruise terminal.  

32 minutes ago, Ginlyn said:

Sounds like it might be more convenient to find a hotel closer to the central train station if we plan to come from the airport by train  and then taxi to the cruise terminal.  

Not clear to me if you meant by train.

From Airport with M2/M4 it's 20 minutes to Orientkaj including the change at 'Kongens Nytorv' - its two minutes walk from Metro Station to Comwell Hotel.

From Airport to Central Station (Hovedbanegården) it's 15 minutes by train. How convenient might depend on walking distance from Central Station to the hotel .

Then of cause  then the need for metro  to get into city from Comwell. But much closer to Cruise terminal.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Not clear to me if you meant by train.

From Airport with M2/M4 it's 20 minutes to Orientkaj including the change at 'Kongens Nytorv' - its two minutes walk from Metro Station to Comwell Hotel.

From Airport to Central Station (Hovedbanegården) it's 15 minutes by train. How convenient might depend on walking distance from Central Station to the hotel .

Then of cause  then the need for metro  to get into city from Comwell. But much closer to Cruise terminal.

Thank you.  We will have to decide on these options.

1 minute ago, Danish viking said:

Is the cruise business Up and running again.

I wonder if it was worth my time doing a 2022 thread.

Please do!! I'm arriving in August and departing in September. I'll have more questions once I get closer and some of the responses are bound to change!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Danish viking said:

I am so glad you are back.  I was worried something had happened to you.  We have a Baltic cruise planned for next year, canceled twice.  Hopefully, the third time is the charm:classic_biggrin:.

<<<Karen>>>

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 12:49 PM, Danish viking said:

absolutely start again!!!   I've got a Baltic cruise scheduled for beginning of June /22.  We plan on arriving a couple of days early.   So would love to hear lots of information on where to stay, things to see etc.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 8:49 PM, Danish viking said:

Hi DV. Hope you are well.

Not sure if it's the first of the year, but I'm on Voyager of the Seas 15th April from Barcelona that arrives in Copenhagen on 24th. 

• Like 1