All inclusive promotion

madera1

Holland America now is promoting some all inclusive fares on select cruises. We reviewed the details and actually found one European cruise in June 21 that includes several ports we have never visited. I contacted our Big Box travel and learned we could book this promo through them and receive extra cash card to use at their store. I think the numbers work out so that we will do better using these perks than booking without them. 

I am seeing a fare+SBP promotion on a "Get Up & Go" cruise (already within Final Payment status). I wouldn't call that "all inclusive" when sister company Princess is having the Best.Sale.Ever with Beverage Package, Gratuities, and Wifi Internet all included. But it is a nice price for SBP ($840 vs $1447 for a 28-day cruise).

Did you get more perks (from HAL)?

6 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I am seeing a fare+SBP promotion on a "Get Up & Go" cruise (already within Final Payment status). I wouldn't call that "all inclusive" when sister company Princess is having the Best.Sale.Ever with Beverage Package, Gratuities, and Wifi Internet all included. But it is a nice price for SBP ($840 vs $1447 for a 28-day cruise).

Did you get more perks (from HAL)?

Get up and Go is not the same promo as the OP is talking about.

The all inclusive promo is for some sailings in 2021.  It’s below:

DB20D6AF-13B9-48FA-A397-2666249D006C.thumb.png.6e4ed1d88cbb712f66ae2a1214f0866b.png

• Like 1

Kazu thank you for sharing the details of this promotion. Yes this is what I referenced. We will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary while on this cruise so splurged for a NS. We found an itinerary that includes several ports we have never visited.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, macintx said:

I can't find it.  Could you post a link?

1 hour ago, ZSandy25 said:

Also looking for the link, can't find it on the site.  

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

I used to see it but can’t now either 😒

I put it in post #3.  It doesn’t show on the HAL site under “specials” but if you go to the 2021 cruises (I think, primarily Europe), there is a banner on the top that says “all inclusive” for the cruises it applies for.  Click that and the benefits are listed there.

• Like 1

Thanks for the screenshot, Jacqui! I have three cruises booked for 2021 already, but it's likely one or more may have to be cancelled. Two are with Princess and we're not even sure we will like their product until our first cruise with them this June. So I will have a look at what HAL has to offer!

2 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I saw it for our Europe 2021 cruise, but the fare was crazy high, so I passed.

The fares are high but it is all-inclusive.  You can book the cruises only and the prices are decent.  When I looked at our cruise only price and started adding flights (we have to purchase anyway), gratuities (we have to pay either way), internet (we will pay for either way), beverage package (we don't have to pay, but usually do 😉) and $900 onboard credit, the all-inclusive fare became very attractive.  If prices are drastically reduced once the sale is over, we can always refare.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, taxmantoo said:

The fares are high but it is all-inclusive.  You can book the cruises only and the prices are decent.  When I looked at our cruise only price and started adding flights (we have to purchase anyway), gratuities (we have to pay either way), internet (we will pay for either way), beverage package (we don't have to pay, but usually do 😉) and $900 onboard credit, the all-inclusive fare became very attractive.  If prices are drastically reduced once the sale is over, we can always refare.

I used HAL's two options and adjusted for the perks offered, and the "barebones" pricing was still better IMO.

3 hours ago, kazu said:

I put it in post #3.  It doesn’t show on the HAL site under “specials” but if you go to the 2021 cruises (I think, primarily Europe), there is a banner on the top that says “all inclusive” for the cruises it applies for.  Click that and the benefits are listed there.

I saw the post but couldn’t get the link.  But with your explanation of 2021 I tried that and it worked.  Thank you!  

Once upon a time we booked an expensive 42 day Oosterdam cruise with a promotion that included drinks, tips, and a decent OBC.  Once the promotion ended the price for our cabin category dropped nearly $11,000!  We, of course, rebooked the cruise at the new lower fare and lost the drink package.  Our cruise agent and myself had a great laugh about the idea that we would have paid $11,000 for drinks!  Based on our normal cruise habits our drinks on a 42 day cruise would cost us about $3000!

My only advice is that if you book the promo do it with a refundable deposit and then monitor the price of the cruise until final payment.  Maybe its a good deal...but maybe not.  

Hank

Agree - if I get a fare I can live with I book it to get a good cabin and then I watch pricing until final payment (every week or two) so that I can simply refare if it drops.  Quick and easy.  Sometimes I refare for the same "net deal" to get fewer perks in place of a lower dollar fare.

Hotels the same - book, watch for price drops and then rebook.  Over the past 10 days my upcoming hotel has twice declined by $10/night, saving me $20 so far for simply checking prices.

I booked a Europe fall 2021 cruise on the Veendam to get the cabin that we prefer.  The fare includes lots of extras with a refundable deposit but most of those extras are not important to us.  The exception is the pre paid gratuities.  We're hoping for reasonable prices once this promotion ends.  The current daily rate for our inside cabin is $554.  Our daily rate for our Grand Africa cruise with an inside cabin is $374 but with no perks and we thought that was expensive.  We'll see if prices get more reasonable in the coming months.  I just hope HAL doesn't price us out of their cruises.

23 hours ago, taxmantoo said:

I actually just booked a 24 night Greek, etc. cruise last week while on Koningsdam with this promotion. I do not see a cruise-only booking option on the HAL site.

I will obviously look to see what happens to the price when the promotion ends on 2/29.

We got back yesterday from a 7 day Mexico on the Oosterdam and booked a 14 day Baltic on the Neiuw STATENDAM for May 2021. My husband really wants to see St Petersburg. Booking on the ship, we should get Up To $800.00 ea. Air credit, gratitudes, drinks, $400.00 ea. OBC plus we are shareholders. Main reason is we pick our room! Got a V bump out room. ,230 sq. Ft. in just the room, plus balcony. 
I WILL keep checking prices and promotions and can always cancel and rebook. Isn’t that the good thing about booking on the ship? Also the deposit is only $100.00 p.p.   And it’s over a year away. This promotion was only for certain European cruises in 2021. The promotion if I understand right, last through February. 

So, while I could not find the cruise-only pricing on the HAL site, I did manage to find it on a TA site. My $6949 package fare for 24 nights 5/12/21 Westerdam is $4959 without the perks. So the question is, is it worth $2k for $800 of airfare, free tips ($360), free drinks (value depends on the person, probably not more than $400bbbbbbbb to me) and $300 OBC (non-refundable, so I would probably spend it on stuff I normally would not). Sadly, the cheaper fare is non-refundable and I am not prepared to commit to that yet, even with my reduced $300 deposit. So I'm thinking the best think is to keep holding the current booking and then look for a promotion with free gratuities later on that can be combined with a lower fare.

• Like 1

We booked onboard one of the 2021 All Inclusive deals for a 14 cruise in Europe.  I am concerned about the “free air” included in the package, in the fine print it is actually a credit of $800pp.  Does anyone have experience with included air on HAL?  I have used HAL’s Flight Ease on a short domestic flight and save a few bucks, but an overseas flight is more complex in terms of cost, connections, seating options.  I do have the option to cancel without penalty and transfer the deposit to another cruise if It’s advantages.

Bob

Edited by shank63
Spelling