All inclusive promotion

madera1

I have found Flight Ease on international flights to be a large cost saving vs. purchasing the flights on my own. 
Depending on what class of service you are purchasing, and your start/end cities, that $800 just may cover the fare. 

5 hours ago, shank63 said:

We booked onboard one of the 2021 All Inclusive deals for a 14 cruise in Europe.  I am concerned about the “free air” included in the package, in the fine print it is actually a credit of $800pp.  Does anyone have experience with included air on HAL?  I have used HAL’s Flight Ease on a short domestic flight and save a few bucks, but an overseas flight is more complex in terms of cost, connections, seating options.  I do have the option to cancel without penalty and transfer the deposit to another cruise if It’s advantages.

Bob

Had an air credit on Australia cruise recently.  TA helped me select the flights and I logged in to airline site to select seats.  I too just booked an "all inclusive" offer, 37 day Baltic and Polar Icecap cruise.    The price difference between the "just cruise" and the all inclusive was negligible when I considered the $800 air, gratuities, beverage package and OBC.   As others have said, I'll watch and see if it's lowered.  I don't think ours will be as many cabins are already sold and it's a June 2021 cruise.

On 1/14/2020 at 4:32 PM, HokiePoq said:

Had an air credit on Australia cruise recently.  TA helped me select the flights and I logged in to airline site to select seats. 

How do the mechanics work? Do they deduct the credit when you buy the tickets or do they apply it to the price of the cruise after you buy the airfare?

Edited by MisterBill99

25 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

How do the mechanics work? Do they deduct the credit when you buy the tickets or do they apply it to the price of the cruise after you buy the airfare?it'

Mine was deducted from the cost of the air which was bundled with the cruise.  I ended having to upgrade the air due to back problems so the credit kind of paled.   Have a credit now on new cruise but it's 2021 and too soon to get the flights.

I don't know if the same situation would apply with HALs  air credits, but I have a cautionary tale from a  princess booking which I believe uses the same air consolidater as HAL. I had a $200 pp air credit as part of a promotion. Booked air as soon  as it was available (got a great deal) and continued to monitor the cruise fare and air fare. Well air almost doubled within weeks. When the cruise fare went down I went to re fare the cruise I was told by 2 separate princess reps that if I did re fare the cruise not only would I lose the $200 air credit (which was expected since that promotion had ended) but I would lose my entire air booking and would have to re reserve air at the current price. These were international business flights so we're talking an additional $1500pp! Needless to say I did not refare the cruise. Sometimes it pays to book a bare bones fare for the flexibility.

Edited by yerdua

• 1 month later...

The promotion is supposed to end tomorrow, 2/29. Any idea what will replace it? I booked under the promotion but still need  to transfer it to a TA by 3/10 so I would like to change it before I do so. I don't want the current Restricted Fare since its non-refundable.

I was looking at a September NS sailing under the All-Inclusive... the refundable deposit is only $50 but the total remaining is due on June 10! June 10 2020??? That's worse than a non-refundable deposit, by me, to tie up such a sum of money for a year and a half.

So much for sliding in under this promotion. I guess we will just do the @iancal thing and plan to book at last minute!

ETA: that and the fact that their own value of the AI package is UP TO $2300 when the difference in price is $2000. Not a high percentile "saving".

Edited by crystalspin

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I was looking at a September NS sailing under the All-Inclusive... the refundable deposit is only $50 but the total remaining is due on June 10! June 10 2020??? That's worse than a non-refundable deposit, by me, to tie up such a sum of money for a year and a half.

So much for sliding in under this promotion. I guess we will just do the @iancal thing and plan to book at last minute!

ETA: that and the fact that their own value of the AI package is UP TO $2300 when the difference in price is $2000. Not a high percentile "saving".

Ours is a refundable deposit and our final payment isn’t due until April 2021 for this all inclusive fare.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 5:18 PM, crystalspin said:

I think that you are VERY confused. You're either looking at a 2020 cruise, or misreading the final payment date. There is no way they'd take final payment 15 months in advance.

4 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

I think that you are VERY confused. You're either looking at a 2020 cruise, or misreading the final payment date. There is no way they'd take final payment 15 months in advance.

No and no. Still saying that now (when I finally got it to let me dummy book):

I'm not saying the website is not in error. But since the value of the AI offer maxes out at $2300, with HAL spending $800 on your air and "up to $250pp" OBC, it's not like I'm going to pursue this promotion anyway.

2021 All Inclusive 1.jpg

2021 All Inclusive 3.jpg

10 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

No and no. Still saying that now (when I finally got it to let me dummy book):

I'm not saying the website is not in error. But since the value of the AI offer maxes out at $2300, with HAL spending $800 on your air and "up to $250pp" OBC, it's not like I'm going to pursue this promotion anyway.

It doesn't say what year final payment is due. Clearly it's 2021, not 2020 (since 6/10/21 would be 90 days before your sail date). They probably should show the year but it makes no sense that it would be 2020.

You have to factor in the drink package in the value, and of course the gratuities. It was $2000 more for me with the all inclusive than with the other fare being shown and I also don't think it's worth it for me. Sadly, the lower fare is non-refundable, so I'm not going to switch to it right now.

Edited by MisterBill99
  • Like 1