Waygu

Justalone

As a a bit of a wanna-be foodie, this is interesting!  It seem like you can order either the standard burger or the wagyu? On a shorter sailing, I am trying to narrow down my menu priorities!

(And, in this case, since the correction is actually pertinent to the topic of the thread, I think a nice reminder is okay!)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

It seem like you can order either the standard burger or the wagyu?

If you are referring to the burger selection from the Waves grill, then yes, you can choose between many choices of Black Angus beef burgers or the Kobe burger (which is advertised as Wagyu).

Photo of the Waves grill menu board...not sure if still relevant as it was from late 2018 on the Regatta.

Note the surf and turf sandwich listed at the top....Florida lobster medallion and Black Angus filet mignon that folks in this thread had mentioned...

D5ADAEE3-8DB0-4989-AF7A-75F36239E392.jpeg

• Like 1

On Insignia last week I had the Matador burger, Cuban, Mexican Dog, Surf & Turf,  and Ruben.  They were all very good.  I ate a bunch of Mexican dogs even had them put two on the same plate.  

Cuban is my bench mark and it was very good.  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

26 minutes ago, deadzone1003 said:

An "impossible whopper" and a super size Texan do not make "gourmet" choices 😁

Did I overlook the "impossible burger"? I haven't had one but had I had the option there I'd have checked it out.

34 minutes ago, deadzone1003 said:

An "impossible whopper" and a super size Texan do not make "gourmet" choices 😁

Was referring to the new gourmet-ish grill entrees...the Mahi, Salmon and chicken...😜

Edited by rloke
Spelling

1 minute ago, rloke said:

Was referring to the new gourmet-ish grill entrees...the Mahi, Salmon and chicken...😜

D’oh...actually those were already available previously...so nothing new per se...🤗

6 minutes ago, clo said:

Gotta try it. Is it reasonably priced?

If you are buying Oceania Cruises, you should be fine-

VegNews.ImpossibleWhopper.jpeg?sha=771ba

It IS interesting to note that the Impossibles are so popular that when Burger King runs a promotion is is only for standard, i.e. "meat" whoppers, the meatless version is excluded.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ORV said:

Didn't have one. Would you?

Yes - I would try it and toss it if I didn't like it. How else would I know what it tastes like?

Would rather do it on O where it's "free" rather than pay for it at BK and have to toss it 😀

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Is this a case where the tail wagyus the dog?

Actually I think your case is an example of the surf and turf (tail), the wagyus burger and one of the hot dogs... tailwagdog 😀

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, marylovestotravel said:

Was just browsing menus looking for foie gras, when I noticed that Kobe beef is one of the Signature dishes in Polo Grill. Has anyone had this? In my research, it's suppose to be a superior version of Wagyu.

Trio of sliders is one of the signature dishes, of which the "Kobe" beef is one of those sliders, and I put "Kobe" in quotes because it is commonly used, actually overused, in the US when referring to Wagyu beef, even American Wagyu beef.  Real Kobe beef is from the Hyogo Prefecture in Japan. For more detailed on Wagyu in the US (and Oceania since it is US based and managed) info see the like below:

https://blogs.lonemountainwagyu.com/wagyu-classifications-in-the-united-states

• Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 4:00 PM, ORV said:

Didn't have one. Would you?

Well  I have never been hit by a train or electrocuted......  No.  real meat is just too good to entertain some fad-...  and  I  likewise avoid all fast-food   If it has a drive -up window It aint  healthy or good to eat....     You can, I wont

Edited by Hawaiidan

7 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

If it has a drive -up window It aint  healthy or good to eat.... 

In your always humble opinion of course.

And there are loads of burgers that don't have "meat."

5 minutes ago, clo said:

In your always humble opinion of course.

And there are loads of burgers that don't have "meat."

No....just what I have learned from several doctors..... who dont think eating some thing rich in both fat and  Salt chemical laden    same with anything frozen except veggies......  I value my health .  I had a birthday recently...I want to have another.