Final Payment,Call it in or pay online?

Harrylinden

Just now, Harrylinden said:

Is it safe to make final payment online or should I call Celebrity and pay over the phone?

We always call in via Cap Club....go.over invoice and wait for the zero bal copy while on the phone.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

We always call in via Cap Club....go.over invoice and wait for the zero bal copy while on the phone.

I do exactly the same.  Never hang up until I verify invoice thus avoiding future headaches.  I then print copy for my records.

7 hours ago, Harrylinden said:

Is it safe to make final payment online or should I call Celebrity and pay over the phone?

Yes, it is safe to make final payment online.

We actually prefer to do it online ourselves at our own convenience without needing to involve anyone else.

They had (maybe still have) a phone number where you could make automated payments over the phone, but we prefer to key it in ourselves while logged into our account and watching it update.

There is no waiting on hold or wondering whether or not the information is being recorded correctly as you can see exactly what you are entering and where it is going when you pay it yourself online.  You can see the remaining final balance due on your account change to zero, and it issues you an updated invoice that you can look over, save and print out, if you wish, before you even sign off.

But  when we use a travel agent, then that is an entirely different story as we don't have a choice and must rely on the TA to make the payment for us.

Edited by varoo

1 hour ago, DisneyJen said:

Is it possible to pay by personal check?

I seem to recall reading that you can pay with personal check but can't seem to find anything to support that choice. 

I would really recommend using a Credit Card if nothing more than the protections it affords you both the free cruise insurance (Chase Sapphire) and protection if the cruise line were to go bankrupt.  If paying with check you have little to no protection and your check could get lost in processing.   

It would be a good question for you to ask Celebrity and/or your agent.