Booking Back to Back Cruises?

Heatherco

38 minutes ago, Heatherco said:

When booking a b2b cruise on RCCL do you just book two separate reservations and then ask them to be linked?  I’m assuming there is no discount for doing so?

Thanks!

If you use a TA or RCI directly you have a better chance of getting the same cabin for both legs of the B2B as they can see availability for both legs and suggest cabins that are available on both.

• Thanks 1

You don't really need to link them - when you do the online checkin you will see transportation options for after the cruise.  If you select the "I'm on the next cruise" (can't remember what they called it last time) this lets them know you are on the next cruise.  In the past the checkin stuff on the second cruise was filled in for you.  Last time I did it I had to completely fill out the information for the second cruise as well.

We prefer to let our TA pick the cabin.  Think Ken has mentioned that the TA booking site also doesn't have the ability to show cabins that are open for both cruises and they have to have two windows open so they can see the available cabins separately.  Too much of a pain for me.

When we did checkin for the b2b on Anthem in October and our upcoming Radiance b2b the option to indicate you are remaining on for b2b isn't there.  When I checked with concierge on Anthem was told already linked.  Maybe IT actually can do something!   Will confirm when I board Radiance in February. 

I have a Ta book my cruise. But when it comes to rooms, I like to pick em myself. First I decide catagory, then decks. And make a list of all cabins available on both cruises. Then i call TA to book with rooms in preference order. 

Sometimes planning is half the fun

We often book with a website. We can see available cabins and book the same cabins for both cruises just to simplify things. Is a bit more work initially but worth it to us. I know from experience, if you have different cabins, your cabin stewards will move your things from one to another. I don’t remember ever actually linking anything, however we’ve always booked them at the same time. 

9 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

If you book two back to back cruises via a TA or presumably over the 'phone with RCI, you need pay only one deposit not two - or at least here in the UK.

Regards,

Cublet

Just booked a B2B on Freedom with RCL over the phone for September 2020, and I had to pay a deposit for each cruise. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We also booked a B2B on Freedom for September 2020 with RCI over the phone. 

This will be our first ever B2B so we may have questions.

We only paid one deposit for both cruises. Each cruise is on a separate invoice with its own reservation ID. 

Cruise 1 invoice shows total charge for cruise 1 and balance due less deposit paid.

Cruise 2 invoice shows total charge for both cruises and balance due for cruise 2.

From the above I assumed the cruises would be linked but we just had the GTY cabins assigned and the 2nd week cabin is three doors down the corridor from the 1st week. (very close to that's good)

Crazy that they would assign different cabins, especially seeing as the one assigned on cruise 2 is available to book right now on cruise 1, meaning more work for the steward on turnaround day moving all our belongings.

Having said that, at least the 'new' cabin will be clean and fresh for the second week.

2 hours ago, icsys said:

We also booked a B2B on Freedom for September 2020 with RCI over the phone. 

This will be our first ever B2B so we may have questions.

We only paid one deposit for both cruises. Each cruise is on a separate invoice with its own reservation ID. 

Cruise 1 invoice shows total charge for cruise 1 and balance due less deposit paid.

Cruise 2 invoice shows total charge for both cruises and balance due for cruise 2.

From the above I assumed the cruises would be linked but we just had the GTY cabins assigned and the 2nd week cabin is three doors down the corridor from the 1st week. (very close to that's good)

Crazy that they would assign different cabins, especially seeing as the one assigned on cruise 2 is available to book right now on cruise 1, meaning more work for the steward on turnaround day moving all our belongings.

Having said that, at least the 'new' cabin will be clean and fresh for the second week.

Call your TA today to change cabins, same cabin for two cruises is a bonus. 

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Call your TA today to change cabins, same cabin for two cruises is a bonus. 

We booked direct, which is a good thing as in the UK our 'rules' are a GTY cabin cannot be changed once assigned.

However, we did call.

The first advisor immediately quoted 'the rules' and said nothing could be done.

So we called again.

The second advisor listened and agreed it would be better all round to have the same cabin and, not having the authority to make the change herself, escalated the request for us...

We now have the same cabin for both cruises.

Edited by icsys
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, icsys said:

We booked direct, which is a good thing as in the UK our 'rules' are a GTY cabin cannot be changed once assigned.

However, we did call.

The first advisor immediately quoted 'the rules' and said nothing could be done.

So we called again.

The second advisor listened and agreed it would be better all round to have the same cabin and, not having the authority to make the change herself, escalated the request for us...

We now have the same cabin for both cruises.

Congrats. As many on cc have said, if you don't like the first answer just ask again. happy cruising