Celebrity repricing question

scurrymd

7 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

there are many;  I'm now thinking because I have a lower rate than what's being offered, they won't show me anything available?  that doesn't make sense though..what if I wanted a higher suite and willing to pay for it?  I'll just keep trying.  After all the years exploring this site, you showed me a new feature I hadn't noticed.  thanks again.

I think it must be new? First time I did it I thinking this is too good to be true but it worked! I don’t think the price is the issue as you can also downgrade to a lower rated cabin and it will tell you the “refund” you will get - it isn’t a refund as such but a reduction on the final price. 

Thank you Pushka! I did this yesterday, moved from partially obstructed to non obstructed, and saved $239 per stateroom. Both staterooms kept their perks, even though one had 3 and the other 4 (booked under different promotions). I think if you want the latest promotion applied you'd need to call or use the chat function.

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2020 at 11:12 AM, Pushka said:

Here is a series of processes to go through. If there has been a price reduction then it will show you when you select the cabin, how much a difference there is between the current cabin and your new selection. You can also upgrade doing the same thing. I’ve done it twice now. And I have also then gone back in and changed it back to my original cabin and retained the sale price. You need to check that any extras, eg OBC and any packages are still the same offering. I did lose $300 OBC but gained a cabin reduction of $1500. No brainer as I had already booked the extras I’d needed And had more than that left over and didn’t know what I was going to do with it and the excursions obviously ‘stick’ with the cabin change. 

7FA04753-5694-4513-B23D-6AA9205A40FE.thumb.jpeg.e0c579e120d6b8bbdebc99c74aa1da67.jpeg

0E48CC4D-748D-4527-88C9-A8DEBACDBD49.thumb.jpeg.45b6d316a2eb2ef92c00a167d8e6b53d.jpeg

What is the step before the one you've shown us? 

2 hours ago, sonnycruises said:

What is the step before the one you've shown us? 

Log on to your overall account. That shows your list of upcoming cruises. Click on the cruise you want by selecting Manage Reservation (circled in red). Then on the left it shows the bed configuration etc then in blue it says - circled in red - Change stateroom. If it allows you to it will then ask - how many extra guests (select  zero) then click Find Stateroom. Your room shows first then every other availability and price is listed. 

Thanks @jolinda   I thought I might have been going crazy! Glad it worked for you. 

1 hour ago, jolinda said:

update: the "change staterooms" link has disappeared for one of our reservations, but not the other. The one disappeared after I booked flights through Flights by Celebrity. No idea if that's why.

Interesting. Who knows why it would do that but it’s their IT. 

On 1/20/2020 at 1:12 PM, Pushka said:

Here is a series of processes to go through. If there has been a price reduction then it will show you when you select the cabin, how much a difference there is between the current cabin and your new selection. You can also upgrade doing the same thing. I’ve done it twice now. And I have also then gone back in and changed it back to my original cabin and retained the sale price. You need to check that any extras, eg OBC and any packages are still the same offering. I did lose $300 OBC but gained a cabin reduction of $1500. No brainer as I had already booked the extras I’d needed And had more than that left over and didn’t know what I was going to do with it and the excursions obviously ‘stick’ with the cabin change. 

I've been looking around my reservations and noted a couple things related to your procedure -   Thanks much for posting.

1.   Only available Pre Final Payment

2.   Only available for Celebrity Bookings

3.   Agent Bookings require you to call your Travel Agent

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I've been looking around my reservations and noted a couple things related to your procedure -   Thanks much for posting.

Yes to those above - well I am pre final and did book direct. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, luv2travel90266 said:

Just a clarification. Can you reprice your cruise multiple times or just once? I saw somewhere the inference was it is a 1 time opportunity. On a cruise I booked the savings appear to be $300 for the cabin so should I wait as it is still a year away.

In the US you can reprice as often as you want. You may have read about being allowed Only 1 change from a poster outside the US, different countries can have different rules. 

Thank you so much Pushka……………..

Just changed from a regular balcony to a concierge on a higher deck (Summit repositioning from Boston in October)- saved almost $900 and got an additional $300 OBC.  Was not expecting that.  Still have all my perks, but now my balance is so much lower.  My hubby thanks you very much!!!!!

On 1/20/2020 at 7:57 PM, Pushka said:

Their pricing model is crazy. I checked it today and the cabin has gone up another $1000 AUD so they are now asking for $3000 more for the same suite I have booked. It went up $1000 overnight. 

Maybe there aren’t any free cabins?

Since there are few suites if say two or three sell the price moves up immediately. Same as the airlines.

15 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Since there are few suites if say two or three sell the price moves up immediately. Same as the airlines.

Agree. They actually sold more suites during the “sale” than when it was not on sale and it was cheaper! Mention “sale” or 10% off (an inflated price) and some just buy!

On 1/24/2020 at 8:12 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Ah yes.  My TA bookings don't show these options.  I just upgraded a cruise today, but through the TA.

Edited by NMTraveller