Celebrity repricing question

scurrymd

I recently booked a transpacific cruise with three perks (classic drink package, WiFi and gratuities)  but see that I can book it with four perks ($150 OBC, Premium drink package, gratuities and WiFi) for the same price.  This is our first time sailing on Celebrity, we normally go on Royal Caribbean.  Can I call them (we booked directly) and get the better package?  Thanks!

Yes, as long as your cruise is far enough away that you are not fully paid and inside the cancellation penalty period.  So call and then let us know how it turned out.

Edited by mahdnc

7 hours ago, scurrymd said:

Success!!!  It wound up being $200 cheaper today and the $150 OBC was per person...so a net savings of $500!  

Great news and congratulations. I guess you'll be able to answer the next time this question is asked

7 hours ago, Pushka said:

You can do the same thing by changing the cabin room (assuming there are others available that you like) and do this online.

How do you change your cabin online?  I can't find a link and have always called CVP to do this...would like the capability. Thanks for your help.

I checked on line to price it and see if cabins were available prior to calling customer service.  We didn’t change cabins, she just applied the new rates/promotion to the existing reservation.   We already had a non-refundable deposit, but there were no charges for making the change.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, scurrymd said:

Success!!!  It wound up being $200 cheaper today and the $150 OBC was per person...so a net savings of $500!  

And you got the premium drink package instead of the classic, which, depending on your habits, can be worth something, too.

8 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

How do you change your cabin online?  I can't find a link and have always called CVP to do this...would like the capability. Thanks for your help.

Here is a series of processes to go through. If there has been a price reduction then it will show you when you select the cabin, how much a difference there is between the current cabin and your new selection. You can also upgrade doing the same thing. I’ve done it twice now. And I have also then gone back in and changed it back to my original cabin and retained the sale price. You need to check that any extras, eg OBC and any packages are still the same offering. I did lose $300 OBC but gained a cabin reduction of $1500. No brainer as I had already booked the extras I’d needed And had more than that left over and didn’t know what I was going to do with it and the excursions obviously ‘stick’ with the cabin change. 

7FA04753-5694-4513-B23D-6AA9205A40FE.thumb.jpeg.e0c579e120d6b8bbdebc99c74aa1da67.jpeg

0E48CC4D-748D-4527-88C9-A8DEBACDBD49.thumb.jpeg.45b6d316a2eb2ef92c00a167d8e6b53d.jpeg

Edited by Pushka

Ive booked a cruise in November, from Singapore to Australia, through Iglu, I heard there was a "re pricing " at celebrity. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to see if I can improve my booking as we have no extras,  Being Scottish always looking for that wee bit extra . Thanks in advance

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pedroscotty said:

Ive booked a cruise in November, from Singapore to Australia, through Iglu, I heard there was a "re pricing " at celebrity. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to see if I can improve my booking as we have no extras,  Being Scottish always looking for that wee bit extra . Thanks in advance

I think you need to go through the travel agent now. If you haven’t paid much of a deposit then maybe even cancel and rebook through Celebrity?

We booked non refundable deposit onboard in December. Transfer the reservation to our big box TA. Last week saw that our cruise price went down. Called TA, got repriced, saved over $CAD1,000. Kept all perks, same cabin and OBC. Did a happy dance. 

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

Here is a series of processes to go through. If there has been a price reduction then it will show you when you select the cabin, how much a difference there is between the current cabin and your new selection. You can also upgrade doing the same thing. I’ve done it twice now. And I have also then gone back in and changed it back to my original cabin and retained the sale price. You need to check that any extras, eg OBC and any packages are still the same offering. I did lose $300 OBC but gained a cabin reduction of $1500. No brainer as I had already booked the extras I’d needed And had more than that left over and didn’t know what I was going to do with it and the excursions obviously ‘stick’ with the cabin change. 

7FA04753-5694-4513-B23D-6AA9205A40FE.thumb.jpeg.e0c579e120d6b8bbdebc99c74aa1da67.jpeg

0E48CC4D-748D-4527-88C9-A8DEBACDBD49.thumb.jpeg.45b6d316a2eb2ef92c00a167d8e6b53d.jpeg

I went through the 2 steps...when I keyed in 'change stateroom', it brought me to my original cabin and no further direction?  Did I miss a step?

16 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

I went through the 2 steps...when I keyed in 'change stateroom', it brought me to my original cabin and no further direction?  Did I miss a step?

It will show you your original cabin then you should be able to scroll down and see any other available cabin categories and show you the price. 
86EAB9D0-68C4-439B-A033-862901CF5202.thumb.jpeg.f656c6464a4b53b5c173c4be445d15da.jpeg

Edited by Pushka

Their pricing model is crazy. I checked it today and the cabin has gone up another $1000 AUD so they are now asking for $3000 more for the same suite I have booked. It went up $1000 overnight. 

Maybe there aren’t any free cabins?

10 hours ago, Pushka said:

Their pricing model is crazy. I checked it today and the cabin has gone up another $1000 AUD so they are now asking for $3000 more for the same suite I have booked. It went up $1000 overnight. 

Maybe there aren’t any free cabins?

there are many;  I'm now thinking because I have a lower rate than what's being offered, they won't show me anything available?  that doesn't make sense though..what if I wanted a higher suite and willing to pay for it?  I'll just keep trying.  After all the years exploring this site, you showed me a new feature I hadn't noticed.  thanks again.

Edited by oceangoer2

On 1/19/2020 at 1:44 PM, scurrymd said:

I recently booked a transpacific cruise with three perks (classic drink package, WiFi and gratuities)  but see that I can book it with four perks ($150 OBC, Premium drink package, gratuities and WiFi) for the same price.  This is our first time sailing on Celebrity, we normally go on Royal Caribbean.  Can I call them (we booked directly) and get the better package?  Thanks!

I had the same thing i booked on the APEX got 3 perks .. gratuities, Classic drink package , $150 OBC per person. a quick call to Costco 10 min later they had called Celebrity and i had the 4 perks gratuities, Premium drink package, $150 OBC per person and whats good to me unlimited internet for two