Premium Package best value

Teacherloves2Cruise

7 minutes ago, drinkoj said:

As for Vodka, Tito’s seems to be a popular one with folks I have met at the bars  But I don’t drink it so take that with a grain of salt. 

As a vodka drinker I can comment: Tito's is popular because it's pretty good for cheap vodka, and by cheap I mean a tier above Smirnoff. It's probably popular on Celebrity because it's arguably the best unflavored vodka on the Classic package (Though Absolut is good also) It's also American made if that means anything...

I highly prefer Ketel One to Tito's as well as just about every other vodka on the Premium list, but taste is subjective. 

25 minutes ago, tyr00000ne said:

As a vodka drinker I can comment: Tito's is popular because it's pretty good for cheap vodka, and by cheap I mean a tier above Smirnoff. It's probably popular on Celebrity because it's arguably the best unflavored vodka on the Classic package (Though Absolut is good also) It's also American made if that means anything...

I highly prefer Ketel One to Tito's as well as just about every other vodka on the Premium list, but taste is subjective. 

I have never been a fan of Tito's  and if I find Reyka on board will have that for drinks but I dont drink much vodka.  

1 minute ago, bikerunner said:

I have never been a fan of Tito's  and if I find Reyka on board will have that for drinks but I dont drink much vodka.  

Tito's is a bit too sharp tasting for me. I mostly drink vodka in dirty martinis and white russians, but I'll drink Ketel One on the rocks with lime. They supposedly carry Reyka on board, I'd look for it at the martini bar. Cheers! 

4 hours ago, tyr00000ne said:

Thats good to know as non-vodka drinker. Didn’t realize that Ketel one was even on the ship 

On 1/28/2020 at 10:29 AM, FlorenceItaly said:

When ordering specify premium brand.  Do not assume they are giving you premium brand because this is what your package says.  Trust me on this!

So for instance if you ask for a Cosmopolitan on premium package and dont specify will they make with Absolut vodka or even a cheaper brand.

Since you never had a premium unlimited package before here is a little tip that you may not know about know about and could cause a problem if you really want to get the most out of it:

You cannot drink all day using the drink package if you don’t start very early in the morning.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

So for instance if you ask for a Cosmopolitan on premium package and dont specify will they make with Absolut vodka or even a cheaper brand.

Yes, This was my experience.  They even had a few "no name" vodkas I had never heard of.

6 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Yes, This was my experience.  They even had a few "no name" vodkas I had never heard of.

This does not apply to cruise but the odd time I go to resort and request baileys on ice they cover the label up. I know the difference in taste.

11 hours ago, drakes2 said:

This does not apply to cruise but the odd time I go to resort and request baileys on ice they cover the label up. I know the difference in taste.

On the Eclipse I saw them filling a Jim Beam bottle with something other than Jim Beam

4 hours ago, teamflames said:

On the Eclipse I saw them filling a Jim Beam bottle with something other than Jim Beam

i have seen BTs pour one bottle into another but every time it was the same.   They were doing it to tidy up and condense the bar.  

I seen a employee filling a coffee machine with beans.   I wanted to see what roast of Lavaza they used and when  looking at the bag as he was pouring I seen it was decaf.   I told him he was putting decaf in the machine for regular and he just shrugged it off.  

If it was the other way it could have caused problems for those that get affected by caffeine 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

On 1/28/2020 at 4:03 PM, bluehengal said:

I'd definitely recommend going to the World Class Bar.  Best drinks and mixologists!  They only have top of the line liquor there.  It's a limited menu, but well worth it.

Are we the only ones that finds the drinks in the world class bar just too overpowering strength wise ?

4 hours ago, yorky said:

Are we the only ones that finds the drinks in the world class bar just too overpowering strength wise ?

Only tried the Paloma but on upcoming cruise will give some others a try. They are quite unique looking and worth the price IMO.  Did not find it too strong but I slept well. 😁