CARNIVAL CORONA VIRUS THREAD

sapphire_407

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

The task for e is meeting with industry heads today.  All lines have increased the pre cruise testing to include temp readings and enhanced questionnaires.   They are doing their very best.  

Thanks ,,,, 

completely understand the lines re doing their best .. 

I read someone where on here about the meeting , did not know if it occurred before the Cali ship data .. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Cannot argue with your logic Tom.   Imagine your office quarantined for two weeks together at the wnd of a cruise?  Talk about team bonding. .  

Regarding "bonding" - I wonder how many relationships will be negatively impacted by weeks stuck in a room under very stressful conditions. Ouch !

I took a cruise on February 2nd when people were just starting to get a bit nervous.  Boy have things changed in the last month.  I would never take a cruise now.  I have one booked in December and hope the dust settles by then.  What a shame for the cruise industry.  I wonder how they will survive, and also how many cruise employees will lose their jobs. 

I just got off the Breeze. Great sailing. Checked my agent email to find that Carnival has presented a great variety of options to people who are sailing this weekend and beyond through May. If you have an upcoming booking, check your emails.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

In case anyone cares since I have been blabbing on for days on my personal situation I will share the ending which was beyond my highest hopes. I was able to cancel my April 4th Vista cruise and rebook it for July 25th. I had an Ocean Suite and a balcony for three on deck 7 and switched to a spa balcony and balcony for three on deck 11 for the new sailing. 

I put the new cruise on hold last night and finally got through to Carnival this afternoon after an hour or two of trying off and on but only getting the busy signal. I was a bit anxious to get through as I had put the new cruise on hold last night and the price had already gone up today. When I finally got through I was on hold for 15 minutes or so and the call took another hour+ with the agent but I am beyond satisfied with the outcome. 

Throughout the phone call I was patient and appreciative, I can only imagine what the agents have been going through during the Coronavirus health scare and now the new cancellation policy. I don’t think I could deal with it! They applied the 50% cruise fare cancellation penalty for both rooms as a credit to each cabin, the rest of the cruise fare, along with pre-paid gratuities, shore excursions and all pre-board purchases were refunded to my CC. I also paid $1000 in deposits via CC but that will be more than covered with the refunds. In the end the new cruise is $4 cheaper. 

I am thrilled with our new cabins, up high where the action is, close to Camp Ocean and the water park for the grandson and super excited about taking a summer cruise which I’ve never experienced.  I couldn’t be happier, hope it works out as well for everyone, happy sailing!  

I’m so happy it has hopefully worked out for you. We FaceTimed the kids last night and while they are I think more disappointed than even I am, we all agreed canceling is the right thing for us at this time. I will wait until closer to that magical 56-day mark to do so just in case anything changes (i would like to see them extend the rebook period to match RC). My husbands big presidents club meeting for a client was canceled yesterday. It was in Cabo so I was going to tag along. My air was $838 and AA is not waiving change fees so that’s on my plate too. Hoping that policy changes so that I don’t lose $200 there. Between all this and our stock portfolio I feel like my money is flying out a window and i can’t catch it. [emoji31] It’s all very stressful. Good luck to you and your fam! I know how much you’re looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

55 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Regarding "bonding" - I wonder how many relationships will be negatively impacted by weeks stuck in a room under very stressful conditions. Ouch !

Make or break, maybe they should make it pre marriage mandatory. 😉

Good morning , 
does anyone know if the task force /lead by VP Pence met with the cruise industry leaders yet?  
wondering  since the ship off Cali now has some positives aboard and the ordering of expanded testing of pax , will the gov alone with the lines  take further action .. ?

This meeting should be interesting. The 20/20 program last night was very good I thought. Pence finally admitted we don’t have enough test kits and the comments made about the people on this SF ship concerned me. I’m glad there’s a meeting to hopefully get some further protocol in place and everyone on the same page. This should’ve happened before now but I guess better late than never. I hope the cases on GP are mild. I feel so badly for those crew members.

14 hours ago, dasmonkey said:

I feel certain you are very much not alone.  People were cancelling cruises and forfeiting thousands of dollars BEFORE this policy was put into place.  You can bet many more will be doing the same thing now that you can get what you have paid as a FCC.

Plenty of time to cruise in the future while this virus stuff all gets sorted.  Nobody knows where this all goes from here. 

On the Roll Calls people thought we were paranoid. My husband works with the elderly and I work with Elementary students. We were sad but now Carnival May give us a future cruise if we qualify😬

• Like 1

This is so true. I followed the daily blog of the honeymoon couple religiously. I wish I could say my husband and I would’ve handled that as gracefully as they did. 2 weeks in a tiny room that hasn’t been cleaned properly would have me needing some major Xanax.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The problem with pessimistic math scenarios is the number of holes in the logic.  

A little gloom with a side helping of doom!

Reality will be somewhere between a stable geniuses prediction and exponential disaster scenarios like that link!

• Like 2

A little gloom with a side helping of doom!

Reality will be somewhere between a stable geniuses prediction and exponential disaster scenarios like that link!

Agree. I also agree totally with this quote from that article: “Undeserved panic does no one any good. But neither does ill-informed complacency”.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hawkeye93 said:

This meeting should be interesting. The 20/20 program last night was very good I thought. Pence finally admitted we don’t have enough test kits and the comments made about the people on this SF ship concerned me. I’m glad there’s a meeting to hopefully get some further protocol in place and everyone on the same page. This should’ve happened before now but I guess better late than never. I hope the cases on GP are mild. I feel so badly for those crew members.

I thought the show was pretty good as well.   Never been a big fan of any network news and cringed when they started talking cruises.  Thought it was just ok till the end when they threw in that the vast majority of cases would be mild.    

5 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

I thought the show was pretty good as well.   Never been a big fan of any network news and cringed when they started talking cruises.  Thought it was just ok till the end when they threw in that the vast majority of cases would be mild.    

Keep in mind that "mild" will still keep you on the couch for about a week and another week of feeling not great. "Mild" means "won't require hospitalization". This is according to Public Health.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rin1 said:

Keep in mind that "mild" will still keep you on the couch for about a week and another week of feeling not great. "Mild" means "won't require hospitalization". This is according to Public Health.

Using their words here, and they said home getting well as opposed to what everybody viewing thought was dying in a hospital.  

27 minutes ago, rin1 said:

“Mild” could mean no down time for some. 

• Like 1

“Mild” could mean no down time for some. 

That’s the thing. We just don’t know bc this is new. We can only go off data given from China (yikes) or Italy etc in conjunction with experts who have studied other viruses in the past who can give their best guesses comparatively. Some will get this virus and it will be so mild there’s little to no disruption in their daily life. That’s why this is so tough bc you can be asymptotic and still spread it to others. Those with low immune systems already will likely have a much tougher time. We simply don’t know enough yet bc we haven’t tested enough people for a long enough period to analyze the data. We need an adequate number of test kits!

6 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

While cleanliness of a ship is always a comforting thought, this virus did not come from, nor get spread by non clean conditions.  

Thanks for the clarification.  I am very happy the other side of the kid’s family decided to go ahead with the Disney Cruise, I am sure it will be wonderful! 

• Like 1