Coffee Creamer

dnvmiller

I don't see why not, depending on the bottle size.  If you fly, I would pack it in a zip lock bag in your suitcase rather than risk an issue with it in a carry on.  The cruise line may check it to be sure it is not alcohol, but otherwise I would think it would be ok.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

2 hours ago, dnvmiller said:

Can you bring coffee creamer on board with you before you leave?

I've done it every time I cruise, both the liquid variety, and the powdered flavored creamer.  Never a problem, never questioned.

Enjoy your cruise!

We have always brought the large size powdered vanilla coffee creamer because most times the lines only furnish either whole milk, skim or half&half.🙂 My wife doesn't need the extra milk sugar that those items provide but can't  drink her coffee without so form of creamer. I've mentioned maybe bringing the liquid vanilla creamer in a zipper lock plastic bag but she'd afraid of an 'accident' in the suitcase🙄. Me, I don't care, liquid or powder I can't taste the difference.😃 We've never had a problem w/the powder coffee creamer secruity-wise (so far) which might happen with the liquid.

Mac

We always bring our own Coffee Mate (the kind that goes in the fridge) with us.  I am not a fan of the coffee on any ship and I always like to add some flavored Coffee Mate to my coffee) 35 calories for one tablespoon.  Can always find something good at Target and have been doing this for years and years.  I keep it cold with ice and dump the ice before boarding and I obviously put it in my carry on along with my wine.  Never ever had an issue except once with an old RCCL ship where there was no fridge.  Luckily, Housekeeping located a small fridge for me as my husband likes to keep one of his meds cool as well.  The only place to place the fridge was the centre of the room.  Oh, well.  

8 hours ago, dnvmiller said:

We’re staying with friends, and I was just if you carry it on in the large bottle then put it in the fridge. Was considering my big bottles of iced tea too as their regular iced tea is not so good. 

Bottles of iced tea should also be fine. Now if you were cruising Carnival I would bet money they wouldn't be allowed but Princess is pretty good about things like that. My wife used to take on bottles of flavored water every cruise. Not really sure why but she doesn't really do that anymore. Makes no difference either way to me or to Princess.

As for coffee creamer, the only time I put that in my coffee at all is when I have the beverage package. In that case I sometimes add Bailey's to my coffee. 😎

• Like 1

I buy the little travel size singles and bring them on every cruise. I usually get a box of vanilla and a box of hazelnut. No refrigeration required and easy to transport. They sell them at all the local supermarkets here in South Florida or are available online:

https://www.internationaldelight.com/products/coffee-creamers/creamer-singles/hazelnut/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dnvmiller said:

Princess Crown. I just wanted to know if anyone has brought a bottle of Vanilla creamer on board to put in their refrigerator for use. They prove sugar and cream only. 

DH :classic_love: Hazelnut creamer. When we take a long cruise (if we're not flying) he brings a big bottle. If we're flying he brings the small individual creamers (estimating how many he'll use).

Just be sure you use it all before the end of the cruise. You can take it ON the ship, you can't (legally) take it OFF the ship.

11 hours ago, pink845 said:

Never ever had an issue except once with an old RCCL ship where there was no fridge. 

We drove from Calif to FLL for a cruise once. DH had a big bottle of creamer that he used on the cross country trip and the cruise. No refrigeration at all until we were on the ship. No GI issues. And if there had been an issue it would have happened to him. He has a very sensitive stomach.

17 hours ago, cb at sea said:

Yes, you can.   But, they have the normal stuff on the ship, unless you want some sort of "flavor".

Normal stuff being: cream, milk and skim milk plus a couple of types of "fake" milk (rice, soy, etc.).

The cream is to die for - really good in coffee, tea or fresh mixed berries at breakfast (if you can get them).

1 minute ago, JF - retired RRT said:

DH :classic_love: Hazelnut creamer. When we take a long cruise (if we're not flying) he brings a big bottle. If we're flying he brings the small individual creamers (estimating how many he'll use).

Just be sure you use it all before the end of the cruise. You can take it ON the ship, you can't (legally) take it OFF the ship.

Every time I use the singles on the ship a server invariably asks me about them. I always give them some to try and they are so grateful they make me feel as if I am giving them nuggets of gold. Of course I give them whatever is left over before disembarking.

17 hours ago, dnvmiller said:

Was considering my big bottles of iced tea too as their regular iced tea is not so good. 

Make your own.:classic_biggrin:

Get a glass of ice, a tea bag and a glass or cup of hot water. Steep the tea to the desired strength and pour over the ice = iced tea.

I don't like the pre-made iced tea on the ship and have been known to make an "Arnold Palmer". Half tea, half lemonade.

Enjoy.

I am a pretty frequent patron of one convenience store ( local , not a chain ) and for one cruise for my wife, I just went in and grabbed a big handful of the individual flavors at the coffee bar and went to checkout … no charge .. but again, been going there for many years and still do

happy wife … little things