Cunard's Coronavirus Cancellations/Refunds (Merged threads)

LittleFish1976

3 hours ago, hypercafe said:

If they should bring the ship here during the ban the non US citizens would not be allowed off the ship is my guess however I can't guess why they would. When it gets back to Southampton just leave it there.

Seems reasonable.
So the only persons to disembark in NYC would be US residents - and they would then go through health screening, no doubt.

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

It is one of a number of measures being prepared, if necessary. The operative words  are could be and up to.

I am charmed by the thought of the cops insisting everyone out in the park proves they are under seventy...And I speak as someone whose spouse is in the at risk group, so don’t  think I’m taking it lightly, just the logistics seems a trifle difficult.

Some of us 70+ people out in the park will be training for our next marathon race!!! Elderly??? POO!!!

6 hours ago, bazzaw said:

Princess cruises has abandoned all cruising and cruises for the next 60 days - Cunard is trying to wring blood out of a stone right now - time for them to man-up like Princess has and make a major decision instead of playing it by ear on a day-to-day basis!!!! 

Carnival Corp announced 24 hours ago that Cunard would be suspending operations. I posted the link twice, above.

10 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

Carnival Corp announced 24 hours ago that Cunard would be suspending operations. I posted the link twice, above.

Yes but there is a difference between Cunard (North America) and Cunard UK and Cunard Australia , each one is saying a different thing

Regards

John

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canuker said:

Might that be because you are not a "British national" (just guessing here).

You need to be 70 or over or have underlying health conditions for the 125%.  Otherwise it's a partial refund plus FCC.

7 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

VK3DQ
VE3RTI

So much QRN!

Looks like they'll go QRT quite soon

73s
QRX

VE3RTI

Edited by Canuker
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, VK3DQ said:

Yes but there is a difference between Cunard (North America) and Cunard UK and Cunard Australia , each one is saying a different thing

Regards

John

I think in terms of overall operations of ships, that Cunard is one entity - could be mistaken but they have three ships and the movement of them must be controlled by just one body. The Cunard operations in each country, I assume, manage, to some extent the bookings in each region but that would be the extent of it.

I assume that's why Queen Mary 2 did not take new passengers on board and is continuing on to Southampton to finalise the current voyage, and the Queen elizabeth's cruise scheduled to depart Sydney today has been cancelled.

I think the Cunard website which some people say is accepting bookings for Australia voyages has just not been updated.

I doubt if any of these big cruise lines will be sailing for several months and that probably the most responsible decision.

If Cunard can update their site to say today’s sailing has been cancelled, it wouldn’t be too much of an effort to restate what that link from Carnival said. Basically that link said go look at the Cunard website, and when you do, all the cruises except that one are still on

2 minutes ago, peregre said:

If Cunard can update their site to say today’s sailing has been cancelled, it wouldn’t be too much of an effort to restate what that link from Carnival said. Basically that link said go look at the Cunard website, and when you do, all the cruises except that one are still on

Okay. I admit defeat then in trying to explain any of this! Thanks for that info.

I did notice, when I got the message from Carnival Corp and followed the link to the Cunard website that there did not seem to be any new information.

30 minutes ago, edavide said:

Look folks... some of us are stuck on the wrong side of the pond NOW... and Cunard are real busy finding flights to get us home.... .some time to go before April sailings are quite as relevant.!!

30 minutes ago, edavide said:

Look folks... some of us are stuck on the wrong side of the pond NOW... and Cunard are real busy finding flights to get us home.... .some time to go before April sailings are quite as relevant.!!

My sailing is today and still haven’t heard from Cunard as per their email!

April is just around the corner and I would be very concerned too!

As of 7:45AM local time remainder of the QM2 World Voyage is cancelled.  We were originally given until 11PM tonight to disembark but that has been extended to 8PM Monday.

QM2 will deadhead to Southampton with the exception of a very few passengers medically unable to fly.  That voyage will take about 25 days.  If only I could come up with a medical excuse.

Roy

• Like 4

4 hours ago, edavide said:

They called on my mobile / cell....   presume yours is switched on...  not being funny but with the time difference mine was on "do not disturb"... only picked up because i happened to see it calling!!

Thank you for the consideration....the phone always stays on’...but tonight after the wonderful dinner and live entertainment, I may sleep through. I’ll have to depend on better half  to be alert.😅

• Like 1

Hi,

The Cunard website (at least in the U.S.) has not been updated. I am booked on the Queen Elizabeth's cruise from San Francisco to Vancouver (May 30-June 2). This cruise can still be booked on Cunard's website. Of course, this cruise will need to be cancelled because Canada is closed to cruise ships until July 1. Because there have been so many recent changes, the cruise lines are having a difficult time keeping up.

Chuck

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

As of 7:45AM local time remainder of the QM2 World Voyage is cancelled.  We were originally given until 11PM tonight to disembark but that has been extended to 8PM Monday.

QM2 will deadhead to Southampton with the exception of a very few passengers medically unable to fly.  That voyage will take about 25 days.  If only I could come up with a medical excuse.

Roy

What a shame, thank you for the update.

I'm so sorry your adventure has been unsuccessful again.

Good luck for the journey home.

• Like 2

Yes, we got the email re cancellation.

We may ask for 100% refund. 

We booked directly with Cunard in the UK. They are ATOL protected so if the company collapses then I assume we will get  our money back if we opt for 125% FCC. 

Edited by longton
Forgot something

18 minutes ago, longton said:

Yes, we got the email re cancellation.

We may ask for 100% refund. 

We booked directly with Cunard in the UK. They are ATOL protected so if the company collapses then I assume we will get  our money back if we opt for 125% FCC. 

Only if you book a package with flights included.  Otherwise it would be ABTA, which is almost as good, but doesn’t always get you to a refund quite so directly.

The extra 25% might seem attractive, but you’d need to weigh that against the likely timescale when cruising will resume around the world (and ships be welcome in ports, etc.), and the possibility that prices might be higher in future.  We don’t have much to go on but the 1917/8 epidemic raises the possibility that the story might run well into 2021. 

Edited by IB2