Ice cream in what package?

korpo024

My wife and I have both the Deluxe Package on Navigator. But what is the best drink package for our 7 year old girl. She does not drink soda and only drinks water, orange juice, and mocktails...and really loves ice cream. What is the best beverage package for her? 

When we purchased the Deluxe Package there was not an option to buy simultaneous a package for our daughter, which we found strange...we are MSC cruisers in Europe, and when you buy a drink package at MSC you automatically have to buy a children's drink package with it....

Please give me suggestions!

You can get ice cream in the MDR every single night.  The buffet usually has frozen yogurt (soft-serve).

Drinks included in your fare are  Ice Water, coffee, tea (iced or hot) lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast. 

You don't need to buy a package for a child at all.

Ice cream is not part of any package.  OJ is available at breakfast without a package( from concentrate). Tap water is available at no charge.  

so unless she is drinking  a dozen mocktails a day, a refreshment package is a waste of money.  

I suppose you could get her the refreshment package but it runs around $20/day and she would get mocktails.  Mudslide is similar to chocolate shake but doesn't have ice cream in it just a bar mix.  There are a bunch of free flavored waters in the buffet that you could add softserve to.  The OJ is kind of like Tang but I don't want to pay $20 for fresh squeezed juice.  Check what she drinks in the refreshment package and compare what is free.

We found the break even point for the refreshment package to be 3-4 mocktails/coffee drinks a day with maybe 1 bottle of water (we mostly just drink tap water, but occasionally grab a bottled water for extra water in port or something) when it was on sale for $19. If the package was any higher than that I would not buy one and purchase as I go. Lately, it has been about $30 a day in the cruise planner for our sailing which is just too high, IMO. 

19 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Also free ice cream on deck 11 most of the day.  There is now a attendant to serve you, but no limit. I believe it is outside ElLoco Fresh..

If you are talking about the soft-serve, that is most definitely NOT ice cream.  I believe it's called "Frozen Desert Product" or something like that.

39 minutes ago, BekkaW said:

Why would ice cream be included in a drink so package? I admit I am a very confused by this. Is this a common thing on other lines?

Perhaps in the form of a milk shake.  That sorta kinda makes it a "drink".

Edited by time4u2go

On Harmony you can get ice cream everyday in the windjammer for lunch. They have a stainless steel freezer permanent server on both port & starboard sides in the stern with usually  with four flavors.He gave me a three scoop last visit.IMG_0577.jpg.dfb02b54ae7a495e9efea4adb300a809.jpg